Published 22 months ago by lutonianka

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intentions but lack solid support
The subject of the book is interesting and the author tries to construct a rational description of body states and ways to ameliorate it by diet. However, many of the proposed solutions - like the aminoacids therapy - lack solid scientific testing and validation. So, I would be cautious about those remedies.
Published 6 months ago by J. P. Ferreira

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, plenty useful tips but overally I felt that it could have been written with more clarity and less complexity, 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Diet Cure: The 8-Step Program to Rebalance Your Body Chemistry and End Food Cravings, Weight Gain, and Mood Swings--Naturally (Paperback)
All in all a very good resource, informative, with plety of tips and well-researched information. The test to diagnose yourself at the begining is useful. But I felt a bit overwhelmed with the amount of things suggested for the symptoms - if one has more than one issue (most likely) it can be daunting. I didn't like the structure of the book which forced me to jump back and forth between the chapters. I also do not fully agree with the dietary advice given (prefer much more lo carb obtions) and the recipies were full of ingredients perhaps obvious to American audience but perhaps not so obvious to others - I therefore found this section mainly redundant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, some answers!, 2 May 2013
I have an auto-immune thyroid disease and was looking for some answers as to why, after 4 years of being treated, are my symptoms getting worse. The answer could be a handful of other things going on. Since doctors are not nutritionists, their only solution sometimes is to suffer on your medication. Already I see a difference in just taking the right amino acids everyday. The sad thing is trying to find a doctor who will help with the tests reccommended in the book. What we eat is a big part of these modern day illnesses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth investing your time in, 11 Mar 2013
Very useful - it is quite complex at first and requires some work, planning and expense(buying the necessary supplements) to implement but it is more than worth the effort

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the book, 11 Jun 2014
It was more or less what I was expected. It gives a lot of answers and I was able to help a friend of mine to try L-tyrosine with p5p as well as DLPA and L-glutamine. She feels like a different person!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!!!, 18 Mar 2014
Amazing book!!it open my eyes and change my way of thinking about food and supplements!!very infiormative guide-fool,i recommended it for many people

5.0 out of 5 stars Book has changed the way I feel about what I put into my body, 31 July 2013
This book is very well written and easy to follow. Julia Ross sets you up for success and amino acids and supplements are completely changing my life. I recommend this book to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 23 Sep 2012
I'm very please about this book and I'm learning a lot. I've found out how easy is to cure food addition if only people knew more about it, there is hope for everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intentions but lack solid support, 2 Jan 2014