Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

on 29 September 2013
I am half way through this book now, I had to skip quite a lot of the repetitive examples when the author has put in conversations with her girls. Of course it is very American and some of the language is lightweight BUT have a highlighter to hand as you read through and you will be surprised at the hidden gems inside the fluff. I am 51 now and have slowly realised after 35 years of working that I have made no progression in my life and career because I was totally programmed to be a good girl. I was told it was good manners to let other people be first, I had to give up my seat to the stranger on the bus, let my classmates win at sport, let my sister have first choice in everything and be happy to have her clothes after she had outgrown them. At work I was used to train other people up who then were promoted over me, using my knowledge and guidance. So I'm going to fully recommend this book to anyone like me - and I hope that you too find something in here that will let you move away from being 'user-friendly' for every one else to being 'me-friendly' for your own peace of mind. Good luck everyone........
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2014
I can't believe how on target Rachel Simmons is. I lead a girl scout group in Zurich and will be introducing the concepts of this book to the girls throughout the coming year and recommending all of the parents to buy this book. Building emotional intelligence is crucial to raising great kids. I wish I had known the things in the book when I was a preteen/teen.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse