5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Love this author. She has an amazing talent, I love anything Egypt & have read all her books, brilliant, it's a shame they have to end. Love this story & it doesn't feel dragged out over three books. You really feel for the characters.
Published 9 months ago by natalie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good start, but...
Published 22 months ago by Morag O'donoghue

3.0 out of 5 stars Good start, but..., 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Twice Born (King's Man) (Mass Market Paperback)
I started off really liking this book - so much so that, half way through, I put an order in for the sequels so I could move straight on to them when I finished the first book. Alas, no sooner had I done so than the book began to drag, when the main protagonist, Huy, starts to wrest with the content of the Book of Thoth. In addition to his rather tedious ruminations on this, he moans and angsts repeatedly and at great length - pages and pages - about his fate as a Seer... I ended up skimming through the rest of the book, just to get to the end. A shame - other parts of the book (Huy's first days at school; moving back to his home town, setting up house and taking on the role of healer) are enjoyable and some characters, notably Huy's childhood friend, Ishat, are interesting, but not enough to compensate for the more turgid sections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Twice Born (King's Man) (Mass Market Paperback)

The Twice Born (King's Man)
The Twice Born (King's Man) by Pauline Gedge (Mass Market Paperback - 14 Oct 2008)
6.64