5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!
Published on 17 Jan 2006 by Coolbex

3.0 out of 5 stars Complex
While this is a detailed and well researched diet plan it is very meat based and therefore unsuitable for vegetarians. In fact most people would be hard pressed to eat the amount of meat recommended each day - for the UK at least this also makes the diet expensive.
Published on 27 Sep 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Complex, 27 Sep 2005
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
Aimed at an Australian audience, some of the products and all of the measurements may be hard for readers in other countries to follow easily. And while the plan itself is reasonably easy to follow, and includes shopping lists for each week, many of the lunch suggestions are unsuitable for taking to or preparing at work.
I think this book will do very well in its local market, less well in others where meat is expensive, people have different lifestyles or where people need a plan which is very simple in order to stick to it.
Well researched and informative but too complex and too meat based for many to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, 17 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
This is an excellent book! I've been doing the diet for eight weeks and have lost 20 lbs! (That includes putting on a pound over Christmas and New Year!!!) I've almost never felt hungry. I have a background in nutrition and still see this book is packed with good, useful information. The exercise I do is walking (about three miles a day with my dog) and pilates. So, yes, you don't need to waste your money on the boring old gym or exhaust yourself to loose weight :) Not that I'm adverse to harder exercise, I just can't physically do it due to injury.
The best thing I think this book does, is make you focus on the positive and what you eat, rather than what not to eat. The receipies are yummy too!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and you can live with it!, 15 Oct 2005
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
This book offers not so much a diet as a lifetime way of eating. It does two outstandingly sensible things: first, it never tells you what not to eat but what you can eat; and second, it offers 12 weeks of pre-planned recipes which you can follow, more-or-less mindlessly, while you get into a better way of eating. It does contain very much more protein than I, for one, have been accustomed to eating, but the upside of that is that hunger is not an issue. And many of the offered recipes are dinner-party standard. I have been following it with my husband and we both look forward to meals: what's more, two weeks in, everything fits more loosely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible, sane and effective, 27 July 2006
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
It's a brilliant eating plan - and sane. I have several food allergies and intolerances and can't follow many diets, but with this one, I've been able to exchange the things that I can't eat, like fish and wheat. I've been trying to lose weight and keep it off for years and have always felt miserable and ill on diets so couldn't stay on them. With this eating programme I've felt really great from the word go. It really is a total wellbeing diet. I'm not losing weight as rapidly as some do because I have a thyroid problem, which makes weight loss difficult. I once put on weight on a strict diet that a dietician gave me! She didn't believe I'd stuck to it, but I had. But I'm losing weight steadily on this one, 8kg (17 pounds) gone in five months. That's enough to satisfy me. And because I feel good, that reinforces things. I'm enjoying the food, too. The recipes (those I can eat) are delicious.

If you need to lose weight and despair of succeeding, give this one a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't wait to start it!, 14 Oct 2005
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
I was actually recommended this book by my Doctor, so I ordered it. As soon as I recieved it I read it from cover to cover and I am so excited to start it on Monday (of course). It has 4 different levels so it would suit a whole family, for example my mum is on level 1, me level 2, my dad level 4 - it just depends on your weight, height, amount you exercise and how much you want to lose. It is very infomative and actually tells you why you have to eat certain foods etc. And yes you are allowed wine. It is simple straigtforward healthy eating that I know I can stick to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
One of my clients has followed the diet very accurately and found it easy to follow,stick to and enjoy. She ahs lost 16 pounds over 2 months and has managed to work it as an every day eating plan. Give it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long-term Weight-loss Solution, 6 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
In the past I have been a yo-yo dieter and have kept looking for quick fixes. I have been following the CSIRO diet/eating plan for one week now and have found it very easy to follow and have not felt hungry. The recipes have all been delicious and straight forward to prepare and my husband, who does not need to diet, has enjoyed them as well (I just add some carbs for his portion). I have found it easy to prepare and pack the lunches to take to work.
Like the other reviewers I do not normally eat this much protein, especially red meat, but have felt very healthy and full of energy since beginning the diet. I have already lost a couple of pounds and feel that this is a diet that I will be able to follow long-term.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this book, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
I bought this book as I had previously tried a two week diet from a magazine bases on this book, I find it very easy to follow the diet plans and can say that in two weeks following the diet I have lost 3 KG, healthy eating thanks to the book and a moderate level of exercise is key to my success. I would defiantly recommend the book to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diet, 21 July 2010
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
This diet is helpful and clear about its aims. It was also a success. I agree that there is too much meat in it but I just substituted extra veg, eggs, pulses or salad for the meat. I just don't eat that much meat. I also became more confident about adding in other things as substitutes as the diet progressed.

The recipes are great and we continue to eat many of them and improvise. I have given a copy of this book to a friend, not as a diet book but as a recipe book.

This diet is perfect as the chosen diet for the Beck Diet Solution Workbook. They really complement each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity defined, 18 Feb 2007
This review is from: The Total Wellbeing Diet (Paperback)
The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet is about reminding each and every one of us of what healthy eating involves, and with its easy to follow checklists, better eating is flexible, fun and most importantly simple. Highly recommended for anybody who wants/needs to lose weight or simply wants to adopt a healthier approach to life (that will stick wtih you). Well done CSIRO!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa52d4f60)

The Total Wellbeing Diet
The Total Wellbeing Diet by Dr Manny Noakes (Paperback - 16 Sep 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01