on 9 February 2009
I realised last year that I have never actually read Peter Pan as a book, even though I have seen it many times on stage. I read it with huge enjoyment, and was really struck by the wonderful way in which it is written. The narative is much more dark than I would have thought, but that is not a bad thing, at all.
I was engrossed from start to finish
on 6 December 2009
Beautiful, dark and complex classic stories for children and adults, full of underlying themes about play, growing up and the imagination. Good introduction and notes by Jack Zipes. Lovely illustrations from original editions, although the book itself feels slightly flimsy and I noticed quite a few typos, which surprised me in a Penguin Classic.
on 29 April 2013
Well written of course. but I was unsure. I found Peter Pan to be quite abit darker than I expected. Considering its a children's book. Peter is a complex character and Hook comes across as a good deal more evil than I imagined. For adults its excellent, allows you to explore childhood again without regretting growing up.
on 31 December 2010
I had to read these two books for a class at University.
Peter Pan in Kensigton Gardens is wierd. It's good, but not the Peter Pan that everybody knows and loves.
It's a baby that lives with some birds and fairies, thinking his mother doesn't love him.

Peter and Wendy, however, is quite different. More of an evolved version of Peter from the previous book. It is somewhat different from the Disney book and films, even from the various plays/pantomimes but still follows basically the same storyline. It is a really imaginitive story and concept.

Ignore the whispers of J.M.Barrie's personal life and how it comes out in the book because that just ruins the story. It's pretty interesting to see the difference in versions of Peter and that is why this combination book is better.
on 21 March 2015
A 'must have' for young and old. My wife and I took our great-grandchildren to see Peter Pan as a Christmas play and I thought I should read the story before we went. ....... Absolutely fascinating and really great writing! Both stories in this book come to you as stimulating and enjoyable experiences, recreating a little of the wonderful world of childhood and 'imagination' for 'young people' of any age..
on 2 August 2013
I love the beautiful original illustrations and cannot wait to read the original stories its fantastic that they're put together in this paper back version - fantastic for train reading
on 4 March 2015
Arrived pretty quickly. Good story, very different to the disney version but still a good read. Very pleased.
on 16 March 2015
Not really a great reproduction. Which is sad.
on 25 March 2015