4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading
Wonderful, heart warming and funny and gives a great picture of the time in New York . Made my commute to work enjoyable
Published 2 months ago by Mary T Bell

2.0 out of 5 stars dated, stories lack resolution
Published on 3 Jan 2010 by light

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 26 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy Parker is a true hero for American fiction, 12 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Ms. Parker's collection of short stories are modern and funny. Many of the dialogues detailed in her works can still be heard uttered today between men and women.

2.0 out of 5 stars dated, stories lack resolution, 3 Jan 2010
light (brighton) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I had never read any Dorothy Parker but was looking for a new seam of reading and having enjoyed my first Patricia Highsmith found this on the "customers who also shopped for this" link and highly recommended on a listmania list.I took it on holiday but I just didn't really enjoy these stories. I read about seven of them and gave up. I found the stories had dated badly and that the tales of relationships lacked resolution/conclusion. Is that it? I found myself saying at the end of each one - they seemed very slight tales or entirely predictable compared to many of those of her peers such as Somerset Maugham.Notfor me.

Complete Stories (Penguin Classics)
Complete Stories (Penguin Classics) by Dorothy Parker (Paperback - 3 Feb 2003)
10.66