5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one!
Published 18 months ago by Rose Thorn

3.0 out of 5 stars First book was better
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one!, 19 Sept. 2013
I think it's a shame that there are so many 1 star reviews, whatever the problem was with downloading the book it all seems fine mow and I had no problems. I hope that those reviewers come back and review the book properly or at least Amazon should comment and put people's mind's at rest. I know those reviews put me off for a while but after reading book one I had to find out what happened, so plunged on and took the risk.

The story is still very realistic and quite shocking with some of the ideas about what would really happen after an EMP and no electricity or cars etc frightening, especially the prospect of no food. The change in the military's stance was an interesting twist too but almost made a mockery or rather showed the true stance of just who 'is' the president, a bit like who's on first base, but the ending has me wondering and eagerly waiting till next year and book three.

Stay Frosty!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read and follow up to The End., 6 Oct. 2013
Along with other reviewers I had the same problem with only the first and last pages of the book initially downloading o my kindle. A quick call to Amazon resolved this and I was able to get 'stuck in' to this excellent book which follows on from Haleys story in the first book. Once again I was not disappointed and the plot twists and turns had me hooked from the first page. I look forward to reading the next installment in book 3, just sorry I will have to wait until 2014 for it.
One point I would like to make is that I cannot understand why some people have to rate a book poorly when it is a technical issue with a download. Surely a review should be about the book you have read not a download problem. This book richly deserves 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read! (Amazon's the problem not the author!!), 10 Oct. 2013
It's a shame all the 1 star reviews that are based on a problem with amazon and not with the book! I had a similar issue, which was frustrating as I really needed to know what happened after the first book! To overcome talk to Kindle support, get a refund, delete the book from your kindle library and rebuy. Fixed!

Anyway the book it's self is brilliant, picks up right where the first one left off and the story continues at the same fast pace. My only slight criticism is it's not long enough but that's probably just down to how quickly I read it! Can't wait for the next one, roll on Spring 2014.

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better, 12 Oct. 2013
Really liking reading these.

A shame the 1 star reviews seem to be about delivery of the product rather than the actual contents.

Now waiting for the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Dec. 2013
Really enjoyable book. So excited about the next one in April. I just wish they were longer though. This is my favourite genre and the author is a great addition to it.

3.0 out of 5 stars First book was better, 12 Dec. 2013
I found the first book better in terms of action and direction. This book was better in formatting and editing but did not really see much progress with the characters and it seemed to me that they were marking time or making bad decisions. I found this book frustrating and then it suddenly came to an end before I felt that it had really got going. So in the end I was disappointed by it. I hope the next book is better otherwise I won't continue with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting better and better....., 22 Nov. 2013
a definite improvement on the first book - story is now flowing nicely, and the action is picking up.....looking forward to the next instalment.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanting more, 11 Nov. 2013
Love this book just can't wait for the next one.m.hopf needs to get it done,,nice story and well written books

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, 23 Oct. 2013
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is book 2 of a series that describes a country suffering the aftermath of an EMP disaster.

Until I've read book 3, I cannot prepare a full review but, so far, I'm gripped by the story. Roll on part three of this edge-of-your-seat thriller!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star Brilliant and addictive, 25 Sept. 2013
I highly recommend this book and all the series. It's a must read ,,,,can't wait for book 3. Stay frosty!

Long Road, The : A Postapocalyptic Novel (New World)
Long Road, The : A Postapocalyptic Novel (New World) by G. Michael Hopf (Paperback - 20 Feb. 2014)