on 22 March 2015
Quite simply one of the best novels I've ever read. Wonderful sense of time and place with a good, strong lead female character. I'd recommend this book to anyone.
on 28 May 2014
A beautifully written account of adversity through tragedy. Believable characters and well researched historical backdrop to a story of forgiveness and hope.
on 25 December 2013
Such a beautifully written astonishing tale I loved every moment of it and didn't want it to end. It made me want to read more from this brilliant author.
on 4 February 2015
Unusual book. Interesting as based on true events. I found some of the "sermons" a bit long winded and skipped. Overall well written with a good ending
on 6 July 2015
excellent book except for weak ending..sadly the author obviously didnt know what to do with her characters..a great pity after a fascinating read..
on 11 April 2014
Sensitively written. Heart wrenching. Couldn't put it down. This book is both interesting and informative and I would recommend it to everyone.
on 5 October 2012
Having visited the village I wanted to read about the people. I've been hooked from the word go.
The Vicar and wife are very caring.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, having been to Eyam village myself it was very interesting and beautifully written. Highly recommended
on 10 December 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and was totally engaged by the evocation of the era.
I'll look for other novels from this author.
on 22 June 2014
Anything she writes is excellent. Highly recommended and a very educational book, as well as a good read I read all her books.