5.0 out of 5 stars Sisterly bonding
Published 8 months ago by Heather Jolliff

3.0 out of 5 stars kinda
not as good as expected although great for someone who has a great imagination and a creative mind :) would recommend for people who enjoy messy creative things aha
Published 7 months ago by amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Sisterly bonding, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Wreck This Journal: To Create is to Destroy, Now With Even More Ways to Wreck! (Paperback)
I bought this as a birthday present for my younger sister, as she'd mentioned a few months ago that she wanted it. When I gave it to her, along with another present, the result was half an hour sat on my bed with the book, looking through it and trying out some of the activities suggested. I was surprised - and briefly annoyed - at one point when she suddenly threw the book at me, thankfully not very hard as we were sitting quite close, and then amused once she showed me the page she had been reading, which fully justified her actions!

I would definitely recommend this book and would like to point out that it is even more fun with a friend, so consider buying it as a present for someone close to you, and completing it together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gift, 4 Jan 2012
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend and she was absolutely delighted with it. I would definitely recommend this as an ideal present for a friend or loved one who is a bit of a 'doodler' or often finds themselves at a loose end. One word of warning though...I was sitting minding my own business when the book was sent rushing centimetres past my head. Apparently the page my girlfriend had opened instructed her to do something spontaneous and unexpected with the journal. You have been warned

5.0 out of 5 stars To create is to destroy, 23 Nov 2012
So much fun to take part in, it allows creativity and something to do. I would recommend it to anyone who is easily bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea and time filler, 14 Aug 2014
My 12 year old daughter requested this for the summer holiday - and what a brilliant buy it has been. It has kept her busy as there are quite a lot of different things to do and it has really stimulated her imagination with some of the things she's coming up with. She seems to be having a great time with it.
I'd thoroughly recommend this for kids of a similar age or older (yes, even adults who'd like something a bit whimsical and different to do!). Younger ones would probably need some help but may enjoy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars destructive creativity a great way to beat a block, 6 Nov 2009
Austin (Stockport, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wreck This Journal (Paperback)
I bought the 'wreck this journal' showed it a friend and she's going to get one for herself and each of her daughters. What it isn't, is a model for an art journal e.g. day pages, representation of an event, scrapbook etc. For me this is more about breaking the normal rules of what you do with a book, see pages on 'flickr'for examples/ pictures of what other people have done with their journals. You can also go on the authors website to see ideas/ examples. Each page has an instruction on a way to alter/wreck a page/ the cover/ binding, for example doodle on the cover, tear a page out, put it into the pocket of your clothes and put it in the washing machine, when you've done that stick it back in the book. It reminded me of an art installation I went to see some years ago of some flowers in a case that were left in a window for weeks. The artist actually wanted to see the process of decay and how that would look. The flowers were dried up and crumbling when I saw them, but had their own kind of beauty.
If you are a bit of a perfectionist and are scared of the blank page or don't like to break the rules this should free you up a bit. The book isn't that expensive so it's kinda liberating to take it in the shower with you and see how it looks when you're done. I'm taking pictures of the process and will put it on my facebook page when I'm done. It's a fun exercise in loosening up and I would recomend it on that basis.
It's also interesting to note which instructions you are resistant to, I'm really struggling with the idea of tying a string round it and taking it for a walk - not least because the neighbors will think I'm mad LOL. And I really don't want to give a page to a friend to wreck it. Tells you a lot about yourself and what you are prepared to let go of and what you are not. It may also unblock you creativitly speaking - that's what I'm hoping for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Itotally wrecked this journal!, 20 April 2013
I bought one of these journals last year and had a thoroughly wonderful time being outrageously silly. I even took it for a drag round a park...much to the bemusement of the people walking their dogs. I was a tad anal about journalling up to usig this book, which I found incredibly liberating.

5.0 out of 5 stars good Buy, 26 Dec 2012
cool idea ,great gift for both my teenage kids (16 (18) they love it .in fact they want another to do in a different way .cool keepsake too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Oct 2014
This book is one of the best things i have ever purchased and even my little brother was interested in it so i will be purchasing another for his birthday and costing £5 you can't really go wrong especially with this book costing over £8 in other retailers, its full of creative ideas which adults and children will love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 22 April 2014
Miss Fuller - See all my reviews
I bought this because I had seen photos of completed pages and they looked really good. This version is good, but lots of the pages are things like 'rip this page out' or 'loose this page' or 'throw the book off a high place'. It's fun, but I'd prefer a version with more sticking and making a mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ems Review, 13 Jun 2013
This journal is good and passes away spare time. Fun book to have. Excellent. Would buy as a present for teenager :-)

Wreck This Journal: To Create is to Destroy, Now With Even More Ways to Wreck!