It

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Great present
Published 1 month ago by jeni middlehurst

1.0 out of 5 stars Confused
Even after my second read, I am still struggling to understating the point of this book. Highlight was probably the drawing of the onion midway through.
Published 11 months ago by Amy Mann

1.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 2 Oct 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars SH IT, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Erm, I didn't really expect much from her royal stickness and only purchased out of intrigue, however, really?

If it was not for the teens who aspire to be thin and an "icon/muse" like her, then I am certain no publisher would have entertained this.

Only plus side - looks pretty on a bookshelf.

1.0 out of 5 stars There's nothing to "It", 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Wow! What a mess and a huge mistake by me (and Alexa).
I expected so much more and was left with a feeling that Alexa Chung and her friends need a huge reality check.

I usually love books like this and was expecting something along the lines of 'Rookie Yearbook One' by Tavi Gevinson or 'The Goddess Guide' by Gisele Scanlon - one of my all time favourite books.

I'm 19 and when I heard Alexa was writing a book I thought that's my Christmas list sorted but unfortunately no. If it were even a tiny bit more like The Goddess Guide with drawings and photographs and personal stories I'd have given it another star but unfortunately I've found nothing to date as cool for art, photography and super smart writing.

Also I don't like the "It" title. What does "It" mean?

It seems that "It" is devoid of any reality....

John Crace's 'Digested Read' in The Guardian, reviewed 'It' and summed up exactly how I feel here after 1 hour of frustrated reading...

There's nothing to "It"

I still love Alexa on TV but I'm afraid from now on I'll give her books a miss.

Unfortunately on this occasion she comes across as sycophantic and rather uncool. There's very little to champion here : ( and it's also too expensive.

I hate being so negative but "It" is a huge disappointment. : (

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Package, No substance, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
The book is like Alexa Chung. Kinda pretty, but so boring.

All in all, the book is vague. It has a lot of pictures without captions of people that I have never seen before (presumably Brit it-people and the likes) and wishy-washy text where Alexa attempts to define her style and her "persona".

The book proves that even she doesn't know how she really is yet and some of the advice she dishes out is painfully "try-hard". Mostly because she is trying so hard not to be a try-hard.

Sorry Alexa. No go.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Oh dear oh dear, what a mess. This dull ramble through the utterly banal has damaged Chung's reputation and only provided amusement for those who are laughing in pity at her - because Chung has made the mistake of assuming that because people are interested in the way she looks they'll be interested in anything she puts on paper. The idea seems to have been that she is so fascinatingly special that she needn't go to all the trouble of actually 'writing' a 'book' but could just scribble on a few bits of paper and that's would sell anyway. It's not just that it's bad, if she had honestly tried and failed I could have sympathised with that, the problem is that she didn't feel she needed to bother. Alexa Chung has been to great places and met some interesting people but seems to have been looking in the mirror the whole time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tell me this book is a joke! PLEASE!, 9 Dec 2013
S.M. Gidley (Sidmouth, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Celebrity books - I can understand why they're allowed to happen, they're now fact of life.

With a biography, a proper writer, or at least an editor, is involved somewhere along the line to introduce a bit of quality control and you'll get some fairly decent photos thrown in.

And then there's this book. I read this in an hour. It is beyond dreadful. If you're looking for any insight into Chung's "style", you won't find it here. I've seen this book described as "musings"; if this was what was going on inside my head I would think twice about publishing it in a book. I think that it's fair to say that when she dies, if the manuscript for this book is donated to an archive they are going to receive a few Post-its all stuck together.

Hilariously, she writes about her love of canvas bags over "it" bags. Ironic when you consider that Mulberry named a very expensive handbag after her.

Although I hate to write the cliché, this is style over substance. Far more thought has gone into the book's layout than its contents. The photos are the standard blurry snapshots, with wishy-washy blown-out colours and everyone looking as if they need a good night's sleep and a hair wash. And don't get me started on the terrible cartoons.

I never thought I would say this, but if you want a better celebrity style book, I'd buy Victoria Beckham's...

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy unless you really love Alexa's style, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
This book is a rant of her personal style and what she wears. Pointless photographs. More like her journal of her fashion tastes.

1.0 out of 5 stars IT isn't all that, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Save your self the money, and time by not buying this book, nice to look at but dull and bland throughout.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't even give one star!, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Dull. Boring. Awful. No purpose in this book what so ever. Pictures of random people (no idea who they are), her drawings look like they're drawn by a 2 year old & she's completely full of herself... No idea why!?

1.0 out of 5 stars The guardian Digested version says it all, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
This is all you need to know about the woman.

[...]

What a Vapid pointless waste of paper and space.

It
It by Alexa Chung (Paperback - 7 Aug 2014)
6.29