4.0 out of 5 stars Awkward Format Fairly Easily Fixed
Published on 11 Feb 2009 by D. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor information-lets not upset the children
It was very annoying to find out that this latest cd is an MP3 format. This should have been made clear prior to purchase which would have saved me lots of time. I have been trying to sort this since October, now I have a very disapointed 4 year old for Christmas. Poor show amazon, puffin you need to take responsibility for this - we are not amused.
Published on 23 Dec 2008 by Stephen

4.0 out of 5 stars Awkward Format Fairly Easily Fixed, 11 Feb 2009
D. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Extremely Good Story Collection (Charlie & Lola) (MP3 CD)
As always, Lauren Child's stories are wonderful, so we were very pleased to find this Audio CD. Like others I was puzzled when it wouldn't play, and I got a replacement. When that wouldn't play either I looked into it a bit more and found, like others, that although it doesn't say so on the cover, it's MP3 format. So I imported the stories into iTunes on my PC, then created a playlist of the five stories, then put in a blank CD-R and burned the stories to the disk. It took about ten minutes. Now it will play on any machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor information-lets not upset the children, 23 Dec 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars MP3 file format is madness, 1 Nov 2008
P. Thomas - See all my reviews
The stories may be great but given they are MP3 files they will not play in the car or any of my 3 CD players or DVD player. Plays on my laptop but that is hardly practical! Not fit for purpose - Puffin, sort it out!

1.0 out of 5 stars annoying, 23 Nov 2008
Extremely annoying that it is not made clear before buying that it will only play on mp3 compatible cd players. Mine only plays in the car and not on kids cd players in house so has been sent back after returning it once becauser I thought it was faulty as the first one I got had no indication on it that the cd had to be mp3 campatible. A very sad 2years old has been disappointed twice

4.0 out of 5 stars Once you can listen to it, it is great, 22 April 2009
Great CD once you find a way of listening to it. 5 lovely stories which went down very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic buy and good service., 17 Mar 2014
It was a very good buy. My children love to listen to it and it makes the car journeys more enjoyable. It was delivered within the expected time.

5.0 out of 5 stars firm favourite, 7 Oct 2011
My two n half year old loves this and it it's a definite favourite of mine too as it's cute but not too annoying to listen to time and time again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahh, peace in the car!, 20 Sep 2011
My 2 year old daughter was astounded when she hear Charlie and Lola suddenly talking in the car, she was so shocked she was quiet for a good 5 minutes, amazing!

The stories are very short (but very funny)and automatically replay so must admit I am getting a bit sick of them but she loves them and as soon as we get in the car she asks "chalie-looola". We've had this about 2 weeks and she knows most of the words!

1.0 out of 5 stars charlie and lola cd, 10 Sep 2011
unfortunately i was unable to play this cd as its format was not compatable with our cd players. would have been helpful to have this highlighted at point of sale!

1.0 out of 5 stars mp3, 5 Sep 2011
Doesn't play on my stereo, got to go out and buy one that is mp3 compatible so not even played it yet!

My Extremely Good Story Collection (Charlie & Lola)
My Extremely Good Story Collection (Charlie & Lola) by Tiger Aspect (MP3 CD - 2 Oct 2008)
9.99