5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS NOW
Published on 12 Mar 2007 by Mrs. J. Tait

1.0 out of 5 stars This wasn't the story book I had hoped...
I saw this product in my local store and checked to see if I could get it cheaper on Amazon, I was impressed that I could. However, I wasn't sure if this was just a CD or if it also included the paper books just like the version I saw in my local store.

Published on 25 Jun 2009 by Mr. A. S. Turnbull

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS NOW, 12 Mar 2007
Mrs. J. Tait (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Completely Best Story Collection (Charlie and Lola) (Audio CD)
My daughters and I absolutely love this CD - we have listened to this so many times we have lost count but we never fail to laugh out loud at the wonderful stories of Charlie and Lola, Lotta and Marv, Sizzles and Soren Lorenson. Recently my youngest daughter lost her first tooth and the initial fright was soon forgotten as we all remembered Lotta's wise words regarding the Tooth Fairy and Lola's amazement that no one had ever told her about this before. If you don't buy this and listen to it with your children you are missing a wonderful treat. Honestly, promisely - you will love this CD. Honestly.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a hidden Gem, 4 Dec 2006
I bought this book on the off chance that my 20 month old daughter would listen to it in the car, instead of the same old nursery rhymes.

Wow - after about hearing twice, she was hooked - she ALWAYS asks for "Charlie Lola" in the car and we have to hear this every time. But the best part is we (the parents) love it too - I must have heard this over 50 times and my wife over 200 but we're still not bored of it and neither is my daughter.

She joins in at times shouting out a word or sentence "Ready-steady-go" before the characters do and you know she's listening even when we've switched off, because every now and then she will chirp up with a word.

The other v. positive benefits are that these CDs give our child an opportunity to visualise things in her mind and so stimulate her creativity without even seeming like it's education.

Thoroughly recommended on all levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars calling all Charlie and Lola fans!, 16 Feb 2007
My little boy LOVES Charlie and Lola and so this audio CD is great.

It's great to listen to in the car (so much better than nursery rhymes!) and has made bed time better too - he wants to stay quiet in bed so he can hear the stories. What a result!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best collection indeed, 8 Mar 2008
I bought the CD after reading the parents` review and found out is honestly the truth. This collection makes my 2 1/2 year old daughter repeat words and sentences, even imitating Lola with that cheerful laugh. We have a wonderful time in the car and we do not need the car DVD player when we go out. It is a really amazing and cheap way to entertain the little ones. My daughter even learned the numbers of her favourite story as she sees it on the CD player display and askes for "2" or "5" and if I get it right she sais "I like it", which she learned listening to Lola.
I would recommend it to anyone for calming tantrums as well. I`ve learned Charlie and Lola`s expressions by listening to the Cd for so many times and use these words when my little one gets upset. Workes like a charm every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 24 April 2008
Lovely books and lovely story cd's too. So much nicer in the car than mind bending childrens music ALL THE TIME! We've even managed to get our 2 year old to stay at the table for a complete meal if the cd is on. I cannot recommend this highly enough. It's just a shame there is only one story collection available.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this!, 15 April 2008
Helen Whall "Aitch" (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
We already love Charlie and Lola and this seemed a great way of enjoying them on the move in the car or at bedtime. Great result - 4 year old daughter loves it and 9 year old son doesn't mind listening too (just don't tell his friends!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Charlie and Lola, 7 Jan 2010
Louise Banks (UK) - See all my reviews
I don't know who requests to read stories from this book more, my children or my husband! Fab stories that can be read again and again without getting boring!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Loves it!, 5 Feb 2009
Buy It - You won't be dissapointed! 'It is my favorite and my best!' I bought this as a Christmas present for my 2 and half year old, and he absolutely loves it as do I even after listening to it in the car ever since Christmas! (It's now February) It still makes me chuckle! There is no twee children singing on this CD like a lot of audio CD's. We even made a snow doggy in all the snow this week!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book-excellent buy, 30 Dec 2010
My daughter, aged 5, is a huge Charlie and Lola fan. This book has 6 full stories in a lovely hardback. It was well worth the money and is a firm favorite.

1.0 out of 5 stars This wasn't the story book I had hoped..., 25 Jun 2009
Mr. A. S. Turnbull (England, UK) - See all my reviews

I couldn't tell for sure from the description so I looked through the comments and saw people mentioning books, so figured it must be the same thing. Unfortunately not, this product is a CD only and doesn't have the accompanying paper books to match the CD as the version available at WH Smith does. The CD itself is fine, but I'm dissapointed that the product description wasn't clearer.

My Completely Best Story Collection (Charlie and Lola)
My Completely Best Story Collection (Charlie and Lola) by Lauren Child (Audio CD - 5 Oct 2006)
6.99