‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and totally charming, 26 Oct 2009
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
I bought this book after hearing it read at bedtime hour and wasn't disappointed. Great illustrations, lots of opportunities for animated story telling and an adorable ending. Not just for girls either, my 2 year old son adores it and when asked what story he would like replies 'Daddy Do!'.This book always gets read to the end, just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical original story about childhood imagination, 7 May 2009
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
Well, how did it take until 2009 for such a universal story to be told for the first time? This is an instant classic if the kids I've read it too are anything to go by. . . "again, again!" And the illustrations are utterly charming and every image a world for little ones to explore with their boundless imaginations. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to read this with their kids. Even my 18 year old loves it (although she has used the whole concept to come up with her own rather twisted version). My numerous little nephews and nieces will all be getting a copy this year. I think part of the reason it is so perfect is the author did both the art work and wrote the story. . . . but also,really to capture things so well, she must still in some ways still be a little girl herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 29 Jan 2010
S. Turvey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
This is delightful story book! I bought it for my two year old nephew who now wants it read to him every night as his bedtime story...and his Dad enjoys reading it to him as much as he enjoys listening! Beautiful illustrations and a catchy story. I loved the bit about the child taking the metaphors about Dad in the office literally - very funny....Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A genius take on the world, 7 May 2009
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
I bought five copies for some of the little people in my life, one of which is actually called Daisy! They all love it, and want to be friends with all the characters in the book. It truly is the most beautifully illustrated story, I would buy some of the pages as larger prints for a childs bedroom wall. It's really clever how the author/illustrator keeps Daisy's Daddy anonymous because the children I have given it to are imagining their own Daddy not to mention the requests for Daddy to take them to nursery/school! I'll look forward to the second story from this hugely 'bright' lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 5 Aug 2009
T Wigley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
What a wonderful book. The illustrations are beautiful and there's so much detail in every page.

Highly recommended.

Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Purely Lovable, 21 May 2009
R. Harrold "Ruskey Ruskell" (Swindon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this delightfully wonderful book.

The illustration is colourful and bright and clever. The story is simple yet perfect for this age group.

The characters are engaging at lovable.

I love the fact the story champions the Father - Daughter relationship, something you don't see too often.

Ms Bright certainly has a future and if her publishers have not signed her up for more of these books then they should be put away in the `non-dinosoar' toy box (preferably near the back and forgotten about).

If you have children they will love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute gem!, 16 Jun 2009
D. Owen - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
This book is an absolute must for any bedtime reading list. The story is very engaging and wonderfully promotes the Father and Daughter bond and is superbly supported by the fantastic art work. This is an absolute delight that would be enjoyed by both child and parent alike. Hopefully there will be lots more work of a similarly high standard from Rachel to look forward to in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars What Does Daddy Do?, 7 May 2009
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
I actually thought maybe this book would be a bit too old for my little girl (three) but she was captivated by the illustrations and listened attentively to the story. However, it has complicated what used to be a simple Q+A moment: when she asks where her Daddy is, I used to be able to reply that he is at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it time for father's day, 8 Jun 2009
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
This book is a great story and conversation starter. My 3-year old has an established bedtime routine with her Daddy and this book is a welcome addition for both of them. Great for this inquisitive age group who are looking to understand the world around them! Beautifully drawn and wonderfully told.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb!!, 6 May 2009
I. Burl (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Does Daddy Do? (Paperback)
I bought this for my nephew, he absolutely loves it! keeps getting his dad to read it over and over, its hilarious, and whenever I go round he goes off to fetch it and give it to me as a show of his appreciation... (then makes me read it again) a real must have - excellent!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

What Does Daddy Do?
What Does Daddy Do? by Rachel Bright (Paperback - 7 May 2009)