5.0 out of 5 stars Review of The Enormous Crocodile
Published on 4 Jun 2008 by Class 3L, Hamsey Green School

3.0 out of 5 stars The Enormous crocodile
Brought book for my grandson. Though he enjoyed it, i had to reduce story, he is a little too young on hindsight for this book, but of course he will grow into it and will be able to enjoy for many years
Published on 28 Jun 2010 by eileen

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of The Enormous Crocodile, 4 Jun 2008
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
The Enormous Crocodile is a hilarious and humorous story for children to read. The story is about a mean crocodile with `secret plans and clever tricks' to eat the children in the village. He disguises himself as many different things to trick the children but he does not succeed. He thinks he is really intelligent but the jungle animals have `secret plans and clever tricks' of their own.

We liked the ending of the story the most, because it was sudden and unexpected. If you read this story you will find why. We also liked when the other animals decided that they had plans of their own.

Although, we did think that Roald could have made this book a bit more exciting by having more surprises and mysteries.

We think that this book would good for ages 5 - 11. This is great book for adults to read to younger children. We think that people who enjoy humorous stories, fiction stories and plots will enjoys this book.

We would give this book 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable for grown-ups to read to little people!, 29 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
We borrowed this one first time round from a friend. My then three year old listened in horror and amazement at the ghastly Dahlish crocodile's determination to devour a child. Sadly the croc never has his main course, only his just deserts!
Second time round, a whole year later he rediscovered the book and we read it together with a two year old: as we reached the last page, my son yelled out the final words with such joy and relish that I decided to buy it for him for Christmas.....meanwhile we have made several excursions to the local library at his insistence to hunt for this book.
The pictures are delightful, and little ones love to point out the croc in all his various diguises as he attempts to sneak up on the unwary.
Definitely a must for a parent or grandparent of a child 2-5 years who likes to snuggle up on your lap with a good book.
In Summary, probably the best book I have read with my child to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful reading of a fantastic story., 14 Dec 2001
By A Customer
Stephen Fry has one of those voices that makes you want to listen. This reading of Roald Dahl's wonderful Enormous Crocodile is brilliant. Fry brings the characters to life.
The enormous crocodile himself has a delicious nastiness which almost makes you wish he succeeds in eating the children and the small crocodile has authentic incredulity at his larger associate's prediliction for crunchy little boys.
But most of all... my little 3 year old boy loves listening to it over and over and over!

5.0 out of 5 stars read this book!, 3 July 2008
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
the story is about a crocodile who is nasty and cunning.He wants to eat juicy children and he wants to get them by his secret plans and clever tricks.But does he get the children?find out by reading this book.At the end the elephant swings him round and round to the sun to teach him a lesson!

this book is captivating.It has lovely illustaion by quentin blake.I like it because it it is an adventurous book.This book is hilarious!My favourite character was the nasty crocodile.Do yo think the crocodile learnt his lesson at the end?You know what to do find out in this book.
I give this book 10/10
by farah 3H (age 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Enormous Crocodile, 2 July 2008
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
This story is about sneaky crocodile that wants to eat some lovely juicy children. The enormous crocodile has secret plans and clever tricks. He tells the aminals that he is going to eat some lovely children. The animals try to ruin his wicked schemes and teach him a lesson that he will never forget!
This book was amazing.
Hasnain 3J

4.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
Yet another nephew infected by the Roahl Dahl bug. What can I say other than marvelous and magical and compulsory read in my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Enormouse Cocodile, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
A very good story line and not too long. My granddaughter enjoyed it very much. I have no problem recommending this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 9 July 2012
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
Bought this for my (only just) 3-year-old and he loves it. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to read aloud so is quite long by the standards of his previous books (i.e. MUCH longer than most things by Julia Donaldson, Fairy Tales for Little Children (Usborne Picture Storybooks), I Really Want to Eat a Child but not that much longer than Dr Seuss - The Lorax) and I wasn't sure we'd get to the end of it when it arrived. It turns out it's exciting/gruesome enough to hold his interest and, as he seems to have memorised large chunks of it, we're moving on to The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
Can't go wrong with Roald Dahl, and the format of this edition (type size, illustrations, etc) are just right for the 7 year old recipient.

5.0 out of 5 stars No the crocodile has got 64 teeth not 100!, 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Enormous Crocodile (Paperback)
The enormous crocodile is very cunning and tries to disguise as children's school toys e.g. a see-saw. He's doing this because he wants to eat up all the children he can find. Fortunately, other animals barge in and they spread news to the children to say that they mustn't go on the toy that the crocodile is acting as. At the end something happens to the enormous crocodile and I found it really funny. What I really found funny was that people say that crocodiles have about 100 teeth but I counted them on the front cover and there were only 64! From my point of view, this book was funny, strange, cool and made you want to turn every page.

This interesting story makes you feel like this has really happend at one time. This a good story for children. I enjoyed this book, I read it last year in year two and I found it funny (I'm in year 3 now). I picked this book off the shelf because I love Roald Dahl books and thought even before I read it that it would be a good book, and of course it was. One or two characters were the same in the book as the ones in another Roald Dahl book. This week is book week for my school from Monday to Friday 29th November and two people in my class brought in this book and they gave good comments about it.

A short but funny story for children and to me this is one of my favourite Roald Dahl stories. If you do buy this book, I bet you will like it and if you buy it please enjoy reading.

The Enormous Crocodile
The Enormous Crocodile by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 4 Sep 2008)
5.24