5.0 out of 5 stars A fun collection of rhyming tales sure to bring a smile
A favourite bedtime book for my two children 4,6, which I thoroughly enjoy reading. Short tales about people and animals written in rhyming verse, with a "naughty" hint to them which leaves us all smiling. A great fun read.
Published on 18 Jun. 2001 by mrs c s hart

3.0 out of 5 stars She grew bored with it as she didn't recognise any stories
Unfortunately this proved too grown up for my almost 6 yr old grand daughter. She hoped to be able to read it herself but couldn't. She grew bored with it as she didn't recognise any stories. She normally loves Roald Dahl but felt disappointed at not finding a well lived story inside. If anything it was aimed at younger readers so my mistake.
Published 15 hours ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun collection of rhyming tales sure to bring a smile, 18 Jun. 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful and humorous read., 10 Mar. 2005
S. Rawson - See all my reviews
I read this book quite a few years ago as a child, and loved it. Even when I read it now, it still brings a smile to my face.
The poems are about animals, as the title would suggest, but often the more gruesome child-like side. For example, the poem about Daisy the cow, my personal favourite.
The rhyming schemes and lengths of the poems vary, which keeps the book interesting.
I would recommend this book for children and parents alike, as it is funny yet makes poetry seem fun and easy. As a child, I remember wanting to write my own poetry like it. 7 years later, I am doing so for my A Level English Language work. It is book that is difficult to forget, but for all the right reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars An all rounder for children and adults alike., 5 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
We took this audiobook with us in the car on holiday and we all thoroughly enjoyed the Roald Dahl magical humour. We played it over and over again to the point when we knew the verses by heart! The children loved it so much that I have now bought the book as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhyming Tales involving Animals, 15 Mar. 2015
I loved this picture book with the rhyming tales all involving animals. From the pig trying to work out the purpose of its life, the crocodile who likes boys who taste of mustard and girls who taste of caramel and butterscotch, the vengeful cow, the stingaling scorpion, the hungry ant-eater, the prickly porcupine and the beast in a kid's tummy. Also great to see the Roly Poly bird who features in quite a few Roald Dahl's books. All very memorable characters and rhymes. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Beasts, 22 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
Ahhhhh an all-time classic book which brings back so many happy hours bed-time reading with my children. My original book took some bashing so had to be discarded, but what an excuse to buy another copy! Fun all the way through and children just love the grizzly rhymes and stories. My own children recite the book from over 30 years ago without even having the book in hand. Memorable to say the least!! Now my grandchildren enjoy it too. Arrived quickly and well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIlarious!, 21 April 2015
Richard and Liz (The beautiful Ozarks of Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews
This is one of the most HILARIOUS poetry books we have ever read! This was our breakfast reading for a few mornings & although the younger kids did not get all the humor, the older ones did. We originally borrowed it from the library but had to order a copy of our own. FANTASTIC!

Who needs coffee to start your day when you can read this & gain a BIG smile!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our Favorite Books, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
A series of fairly short poems about animals and beasts, each of which are just so entertaining from start to finish. My 8 year old son and I are giggling and gasping every bedtime at the beastly tales and naughty little phrases dotted here and there. We just love it. My son always cries out for 'one more!', and it is always very easy to oblige.

3.0 out of 5 stars She grew bored with it as she didn't recognise any stories, 24 May 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Paperback)
This was always a favourite of my son's and I remember the words of The Crocodile to this day! The rhymes are brilliantly written and funny. I bought this for my grandson, who, like his Daddy, absolutely loves me reading these to him and I get the same enjoyment that I did all those years ago. A must for every child's collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Stories, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dirty Beasts (Hardcover)
I bought this for my little boy as I used to love them when I was little! He is learning to read, so we read them together and he giggles away, thet's the beauty of these stories, they keep the attention of little ones! Lovely hard back edition with the old cover that I had!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dirty Beasts
Dirty Beasts by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 7 May 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01