5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's first words were...
"Baa-ber, Baa-ber" (Brown Bear, Brown Bear), and I would pick up the rest! I have learned to read the text of this enchanting chanting book very fast, as my 14 month old daughter turns the pages so rapidly, in order to reach the next animal.
Published on 19 Sep 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Where;s the Monkey gone??
This is a great book, my daughter has loved it from a very young age. When our second paperback copy bit the dust I thought I would order the board book for hopefully a little more longevity. HOWEVER! It isn't the same book, nearly, but at the end there is a TEACHER instead of a MONKEY!! My daughter is not happy, and is searching for the Monkey in vain. As my darling...
Published on 18 Feb 2008 by N. Lemans

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's first words were..., 19 Sep 2001
By A Customer
We make up names for all the childrens faces and she even learned to identify the animals and colours on the last page by asking her 'where's the yellow duck?' etc.
All in all, a very enjoyable and educational book from an accomplished (and understanding) author. More please.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favorite book (currently!), 13 Mar 2006
By A Customer
Lovely book that is not only fun but really educational for the under 2's. My 17 month old daughter picked up all the animals and said what they were within two days of getting this book!!! (mind you we do seem to read it about 20 times a day).

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really useful, appealing book for young children., 26 April 2000
This is the best young children's book -EVER I have used this book for many years, both in Canada and in England, to introduce young children to the colour words and to the joy of reading. I am presently using it with children with severe learning difficulties and it is just as successful and popular. In fact it is so popular that I have laminated the pages of our current book to help it last out the year. I have made several games to accompany this book. "Polar Bear, Polar bear, What do you hear?" is also useful but somehow not as powerful or as popular as "Brown Bear" Many thanks to Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle for a wonderful teaching aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book even for younger children, 11 Dec 2005
A. Santoro (UK) - See all my reviews
My babies are only 8 months old but they have been enjoying this book for a while now. The pictures are so bright, they cant wait for me to turn the next page, and everytime i do, a new smile appears. I highly recommend it for those who are looking for something for younger children. However, this is not a board or hardcover book, so careful because they will eat it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite book with lots to learn., 12 April 2002
By A Customer
we bought this book when my son was 15 months old and he has loved it ever since! when asked to pick a book he will always find this one first among his pile. he loves to turn the pages faster and faster so we have to speed up to keep up with him. at first he loved all the animals,then the childrens faces and now he is fascinated by the colours so this is definitely a book he will love to come back to time and time again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very colourful and bright and attracts childrens attention, 27 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This is a lovely colourful book and the children are delighted when it is read to them. It allows the children to recognise animals and colours. Instead of telling the children what the anmials sees you can turn over the page and ask the children what the animal is. They love to tell you the animal and the colour. Even though the animals are not the correct colour it teaches the child many colours. At the end it shows all the animals and the children can go over all the animals and colours on one page. A great book to read with a group of children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son and mother's favourite book, 10 Sep 1999
By A Customer
My nine months old son is already fond of browsing through the books on the bottom shelf. Of books large and small, thin and thick, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See ? tops the list of favourites. As soon as he sees the colourful, clear graphics on the cover he smiles with recognition, and is lost to the world. He leafes back and forwards, fascinated by the bold, bright pictures. In fact we both enjoy reading this book again and again, finding it both poetic and educational, but first and foremost- full of charm and with an almost handmade, tactile quality, despite it being a simple paperback at a very sympathetic price. A timeless and beatiful little book for children and grown-ups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful & Engaging - We're Eric Carle fans., 8 Dec 1999
By A Customer
TBT (18 months) asks for this book by name, and announces what he has pulled off the shelf as he comes over with it. 'Bro bairr,' is what he comes out with.
Here, just as in Jan Pienkowski's 'Dinner Time' there is a simple, though engaging, rhythm. Turning the pages and reading each line becomes a gentle, lilting mantra, a considered tumbling over of words. It is repetitive without being dull, each animal bringing with it a different colour, shape, texture and noise. The words, like the chorus of a song, hang together and acquire their own beat, so much so that you can find yourself bouncing the little ones on your knee.
It begins, 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? I see a .....' As Zozo (3 yrs 6 months) got older I would prompt her to guess what is coming next. Anna, her cousin, (8 yrs at the time) only had to hear me read it out a few times to know it off by heart.
Well presented information like this will stick to a child's brain like a fuzzy ball to a jumper. For me to learn it I'd have to write it all down and test my knowledge. We want Eric Carle prints on the wall!
I was amazed to find Eric Carle has illustrated so many books. Thanks Amazon. Several were purchased yesterday as gifts for four nephews and three nieces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to different animals and colours., 20 July 2009
V. PASCHALL (English living in France) - See all my reviews
My daughter loved this book with all the animals. Her class at the local school in France are just starting to learn English and I bought them a copy, which they love and has helped them enormously. It keeps their attention and helps them learn without them even realising it. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our current favourite!, 19 Mar 2008
N Johnson (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
Absolutely superb for learning colours and animals and they know it off by heart by about the 3rd or 4th read through. Didn't start with this one till my daugther was about 18 months (being a paperback and all that) but she took to it straight away and now we have to have 'Bown Beh' every night.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle (Paperback - 25 Oct 2007)
Usually dispatched within 10 to 13 days