5.0 out of 5 stars What a GORGEOUS BOOK!!!
Published on 16 Jun. 2008 by Bluejun

2.0 out of 5 stars My little 2 year old boy is not interested in it.
As much as I love the book my son is not interested in it. I think it's more for little girls or maybe when he's older he'll appreciate it. He loves the Gruffalo, Zog etc all the Julia Donaldson books, he loves Harry and his Bucket full of Dinosaurs he loves stories with epic storylines, Bog Baby was a bit too tame for him. Beautiful illustrations though, that I...
Published on 21 April 2012 by Aoife

5.0 out of 5 stars What a GORGEOUS BOOK!!!, 16 Jun. 2008
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
Why does everyone think it's easy to write a great picture book? Maybe because Jeanne WIllis makes it look so easy. This one is sweet, funny, a little bit loopy, almost but not quite sentimental, and utterly child-pleasing. My ten year old adores it (though she won't quite admit to it) and I had to read it to my five-year-old goddaughter twelve times before she was satisfied. The story is all about letting go of things that you love, and I shed a quiet tear over it, when no one was looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of the year (so far)!, 9 Feb. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
Bought this for my new daughter for Christmas. She was only 2 months old so a bit advanced.... However, we all love it and I think the illustrations are particularly magical - delicate and beautiful. My 4 year old son loves it and wants me to read it to them both every day. My daughter certainly seems to like the story, but is probably just the act of being read to that she likes. That said, the story is first rate and it is a firm favourite in our house. Sadly, we haven't found our own Bog Baby yet (though Nana thinks she has one in her pond!)..

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to buy this book!, 8 Oct. 2008
S. Dixon (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
Buy this book now - you won't be disappointed. My children (9 and 11) absolutely love it and so do I. I'm off to find a bog baby of my own...

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous book, 31 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
I recently bought this book for my god-daughter's 4th birthday because of the reviews and read it when it arrived. It bought a lump to my throat, such a beautifully written and illustrated book.
I thought I would try it out on my 22 month old son, who is a complete bookworm, and he is hooked and it is our bedtime story every night. He loves it and sit completely still as if believing every magical word.
My advice .. buy it. You will be hooked too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic for years to come, 21 Aug. 2010
J. Humberstone (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
I found this book in a bookshop, skim read it, and was stood there in tears at the end. My mother, who was with me, looked across at me curiously! - so I passed her the book. Sure enough, in a couple of minutes she was in the same state. We had to buy it after that! My daughter (4) loves it, but probably not as much as I do - but I think that it will be a classic that she will keep for a lifetime and maybe read to her own children and grandchildren. And, when she is older, and reads the bit about how if you truly love something, you have to set it free, maybe she will understand why her mummy and nana always sobbed when they read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 21 May 2008
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
A lovely book to teach your children to let things go, as often they are better off where they belong. And beautifully illustrated too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 3 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
This book is one of the most beautiful and magical stories I have ever read. I had my first child 16 years ago so I have read A LOT of children's books over the years!

My 3yr old had this book from the library but it is so special we just had to buy it. The illustrations are delightful and the story is wonderful. I really don't mind reading this one over and over for a bedtime story because it is so enjoyable.

It has really captured my little girls imagination and every time we go for a walk she earnestly looks for her own 'bog baby' so that she can record it's details on the specific page in the back of the book! This is a gorgeous book for children and would make a lovely present particularly for a little girl, although mums and dads and older siblings love it just as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very magical book, 14 May 2009
S. Douglass (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
My nearly 4 year old daughter picked this book out at our local library... she instantly adored it and we have to read it every day... as it's due to go back soon I am here to make a purchase of our own!! You won't be disappointed... I love reading it too. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 2 April 2010
D. Stokes "moiness" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
I heard this story being told by Bernard Cribbins on the Bedtime hour on Cbeebies. I cried. I have now bought it for my son (nearly 3) and he was quite enchanted. This book will be a family favourite for ages. Beautiful illustrations and a story containing magic, wonder and the joy of childhood. Just wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Favourite Book from 2008, 25 Mar. 2009
S. A. Bain (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
This is an enchanting book that Daughters in particular will enjoy. It is just quirky enough for Dads to enjoy reading it to them too. If you believe hard enough perhaps you will find a bog baby of your own. There are instructions on the last page on how to record your observation. Delightful.

The Bog Baby
The Bog Baby by Jeanne Willis (Paperback - 1 May 2008)