5.0 out of 5 stars Capturing, imaginative, humourous, child interactive fun!!
Published on 28 Feb 2002 by embletonclaire@hotmail.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Dated and very boring!
I bought this book for my 3 year old son but I was very disappointed with it - whilst brightly coloured this book has very little stimulating content. It is dull, unimaginative and very dated - so much so my son got down from the sofa and went off to get another book by the time I had reached the 3rd page. It has now been donated to charity so SAVE YOUR MONEY and don't...
Published on 26 Sep 2010 by A Wilsden

5.0 out of 5 stars Capturing, imaginative, humourous, child interactive fun!!, 28 Feb 2002
Meg and Mog is a fantastic story to read and share with children. It stimulates interaction between parent and child and encourages the child to remember a short catchy story by ear. The story also helps children to identify objects and encourages them to shout out their answers to various fun objects,i.e recognising pictures with words. Therefore encouraging the child to start early reading by keeping them involved in the story.
By the end of the book your child will be telling you most of the story themselves by prompting your child's imagination!!
This book will create a Meg and Mog fan and your child will be screaming for more fun stories and adventures of the famous Meg and Mog.(Who surely every parent must remember from somewhere in the childhood.)
A great read for anytime of day but particularly good reading fun at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly recomended book for all those young readers!, 9 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This book is a great introduction to an enchanting series where children are warped into the lives of Meg and Mog, not forgetting the owl of course! As a young child i really enjoyed reading this book and found it a pleasure every time. Although I have slightly outgrown this series now it is a must on the christmas list of every child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for toddlers, 6 Jan 2010
S. Paynter (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meg and Mog (Board book)
I bought this book for my 15 month old and she loves it and wants it read again and again. She joins in with stretching when Meg wakes up, stirring the cauldron, and saying "sorry Mog" when Meg steps on his tail. Luckily, the story's fun enough and there are so many different ways to read it that adults don't get too bored either! Lots of learning opportunities packed in as well (happy/sad faces, getting dressed, clocks (for older children), identifying foods & creepy crawlies, counting eggs/spoons) without getting in the way of the story. Fantastic. A classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meg & Mog, 6 May 2004
H Clarke "Plocket" (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I was delighted when I found the Meg & Mog books on Amazon. I loved them as a child and have recently introduced my 2-year-old to them. She loves them as much as I do! They are fun stories and have lots of learning potential with the bright colours, shapes, and numbers of things on the pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old knows this by heart, 25 May 2009
E. Judge (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meg and Mog (Board book)
Brilliant book, my 2 year old has had it read to her so many times she can 'read' it herself. I think it will really help her to start learning to really read, as she can point out some of the words already.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Mar 2009
This review is from: Meg and Mog (Board book)
I bought this for my 14month old as I remembered it from my childhood. He absolutely loves this simple story - I read it 5 times in one day. Highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Oct 2008
Like all the Meg and Mog books, this is a fantastic story for toddlers and young children.

I had this book read to me as a child and now have the pleasure of sharing it with my 2 year old daughter. A funny story, lots to discuss on the page, plus I love the way the text forms part of the story (such as the word 'bubbles' being written in tiny bubble-like circles).

My daughter asks for it over and over and it is securing its place amongst our favourites. The story is simple enough for a young child to follow yet not so simplistic it becomes monotonous and repetitive. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb first story, 29 Mar 2006
I started reading this book to my daughter when she was 1 year old. It was the first story book that she was interested in. Meg gets out of bed, puts on her clothes, comes down the stairs and has breakfast, and so it is a story that a child can relate to at a very early age. For the next five months, she always wanted either this book or one of the sequels as a bed time story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A flash and a ... BANG!!!, 4 Jan 2007
A. M. Balderson (Uxbridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book - we got it for my 2-year old son for Christmas, and he already knows most of it off by heart. He particularly loves saying the spell (Snap, crackle and POP!) and then seeing what happened on the next page (see the title - yelling BANG at the top of his voice). I'm now hunting for some more ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Anni Ed., 3 Nov 2010
This review is from: Meg & Mog (Paperback)
REVIEW FOR the 35th year anniversary of MEG and MOG
2007/PUFFIN BOOKS

This edition is slightly larger than the regular book, MEG and MOG, measuring in around 22.25 cm square, with silvery embellishments to the front cover.

Inside the front cover reads:-

'Thirty-five spellbinding years of Meg and Mog.

Meg the witch and Mog her cat go off to a wild Hallowe'en party with all the other witches.
The spell they cast goes off with a BANG!

The bestselling MEG ANG MOG stories have been casting a unique spell for thirty-five years. They are perfect for sharing or reading alone and children love exploring the colours, sounds and shapes.'

Meg and Mog
Meg and Mog by Jan Pienkowski (Board book - 27 May 2004)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available