5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite christmas gift

hmmm.....
Published 4 months ago by Tanya Kayson

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite christmas gift, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
I requested this collection for Christmas and thankfully got it, I read all of the books within a very short space of time however I wont forget their stories in a hurry. John Green is a literary hero, his books are filled with amazingly relatable characters each with different lives and situations. They will make you laugh and also cry and sometimes both at the same time! This is a must have for any YA or adult reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for any reader., 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
John Green's books are, in my opinion, a must read for not only Young Adult fans but all book fans, and all non-book fans for that matter.

The characters he creates are so unique and real, and no matter how much you hate them by principle you can't help but fall in love with them as they go through their struggles.

His books will make you laugh, cry and leave you in awe by the end, as the magnificently captivating nature of his writing is extremely rare, and I couldn't quickly find another author that competes.

The box set itself is very sturdy and good quality, as are the books themselves. The print quality is good and consistent, although Paper Towns is published by Bloomsbury whereas the others are published by Penguin (except Looking for Alaska, which is published by Hapercollins, but it's not really noticeably different), which means it has a different type of paper and the cover doesn't match as well with the others, but it doesn't really matter and I'm sure most normal people won't even notice.

I recommend this to literally anyone, whether you're a seasoned John Green fan or new to his work, and it will also make a great gift. Delivery and packaging were satisfactory, came on time and was in good condition, as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth their weight in gold!, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
Each of these books is amazing. Seriously, I can't recommend them to anyone nearly enough. The writing style is engaging, creating characters that make you love them instantly. Then the book tears through you, making you feel the emotions fo the characters as they are dragged by circumstance or design through their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Set!, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
I bought this set for my daughter and she was so impressed. She said that the characters created by John Green were so magical and beautiful that she couldn't put down a single book. Each book is captivating and written beautifully and has given my daughter hours of reading. At first, I was debating on whether or not to buy the collection or a few individual John Green books, however now I am thrilled that I decided to buy this! I know that my daughter would have withdrawal symptoms if she hadn't read the other books by him. Captivating and beautiful. I'd recommend this set to anyone who loves to read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the buy., 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
This is a very fun and easy collection of books to read, especially if you're just getting into reading. Johns writing style enticed me to continue to keep reading. It's not as if he's trying to show us how smart he is by using long winded words or words that most people would need to look up in the dictionary, he uses simple phrasing and writes the way I speak in real life.
The stories were rather good, some of the endings lacked in my opinion, but I enjoyed them overall; they all had very good comedy that worked well with the romance.

If the majority of the endings has been different I would have given his collection a solid 5, but since the ending to a book or story is very important to me I felt a slight twang of disappointment with the collection, but the overall story and characters made up for the lack of good endings.

My favourites in order are:
Will Grayson, Will Grayson,
Finding Alaska,
An Abundance of Katherine's,
The Fault In Our Stars (hyped up and overrated by teenage girls),
Paper Towns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 May 2014
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
John green is an amazing author. If you haven't read his books then buy this and read them. He will change your life

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
These are so very different from one another. You can tell that John really connects to the book, the story and the characters. I highly recommend these books! Especially ''The fault in our stars'', ''Will Grayson, Will Grayson'' and '' Looking for alaska''. These were my favorites of them all and I could really read them all over again! Which U plan to do!
I finished ''the fault in our stars'' in two days, TWO DAYS! I couldn't put it down and I cried like a baby! All of the other books are amazing as well. Like I said, they all have their own uniqe story and you can relate to the main character in a way you would in a best friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
It arrived exactly in the time expected.
The product is very good, and great quality. And it'd be a great idea for a present.
You really should buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fault in Our Stars - Read this book !, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
This is a really fantastic book - I could not put it down. It is a wonderful story for all ages, filled with meaning and humour.The writing is stylish and simple prompting unexpected laughter and sobs to well up from the heart at the most unusual points on our characters' travels. It was strongly recommended by my teenage daughter to me, her hovering mother, with the warning that I will need boxes of tissues before the night is out - she was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful set, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: John Green - The Collection (Paperback)
this is a stunning set of books, beautifully presented and made an outstanding present to a big fan of the author

John Green - The Collection
John Green - The Collection by John Green (Paperback - 7 Nov. 2013)