5.0 out of 5 stars A BEAUTIFUL GRAPHIC NOVEL I'm probably a good deal older than ..., 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl Graphic Novel 4) (Paperback)
A BEAUTIFUL GRAPHIC NOVEL
I'm probably a good deal older than the target audience for these adaptations of the Artemis Fowl books, but I really enjoy them. Having read the others, I pre-ordered this so I had it the day it came out. As with the first three, this is a great adaptation. The artwork by Giovanni Rigano is fantastic – every page looks gorgeous. His art makes the whole adventure look like a film with an unlimited budget. The beautiful glossy paper it's printed on helps too. This is a great adventure story with boy genius Artemis coming into conflict with his arch enemy, Opal Koboi. Reading the graphic novels always sends me running back to the original books, and then back to the other graphic novels again. I'd recommend this to any graphic novel fans and to all Artemis readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Artemis Versus Opal Koboi - It's The One We've Been Waiting For!, 23 July 2014
R. Fogelman (London) - See all my reviews
I just love these books. Being a huge Artemis fan it's really great to see the characters and storylines brought to life with Giovanni Rigano's artwork. It's like watching a movie on paper. The Opal Deception has a lot of action. It's exciting and funny too. Opal Koboi is a worthy adversary for Artemis. Eoin Colfer and Andrew Donkin have worked hard to make the novel work in this graphic form and it has the pace and style of a blockbuster. I read this in one sitting and couldn't put it down.Then it felt really great to add this one to my shelf with the other three books in the series. I plan to go back to the beginning and read them all over. Can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giovanni & Eoin have struck out again with this amazing graphic novel, 14 Sept. 2014
Andrew, Giovanni & Eoin have struck out again with this amazing graphic novel! I have read and own the first 3 being a huge fan of the books and a comic nerd at heart this is just the perfect combination of my interests.

Book snobs will go on to say the characters are not how they imagined them, the story has been changed etc..but this happens with every adaptation, you have to take the good with the bad! Things like this will never be perfect to your imagination.

the artwork is beautiful and in depth and the story just as gripping as the original text. Im already excited for the next installment when ever that will be!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING ART!, 25 Aug. 2014
Mr. L. R. Mason "Moj" (England) - See all my reviews
My ten-year old daughter has just started to get into the original Artemis Fowl novels and I bought this from a bookshop on a bit of a whim because I used to enjoy the comic 2000AD myself back in the late 70s. We ended up reading this graphic novel (ie long comic!) together and what a skilful book it is. We both loved it. Great dad-daughter reading. The art is amazing. Five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Graphic Novels have perfectly captured the atmosphere of the books with stunning imagery and great captioning., 27 Jan. 2015
I've been a huge fan of Eoin Colfer & the Artemis Fowl series since 2001 when the first book came out, and have followed the series ever since until it's end a couple of years ago.

The Graphic Novels have perfectly captured the atmosphere of the books with stunning imagery and great captioning. It's almost like being introduced to the books again - they're that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasest great Artemis adaptation., 17 Sept. 2014
I've loved the rest of these adaptations but I think this latest is my favorite. The story is a page turner and the graphics really brings the characters to life. I'm a big fan of Andrew Donkin who seems to be producing more and more great work. I totally recommend this :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it!, 10 Oct. 2014
Awesome story, now its a graphic novel which is great because I get to see the characters and locations in a way I hadn't imagined when reading the written novel. Highly recommend Artemis Fowl books

4.0 out of 5 stars Great graphic novels, 6 Oct. 2014
As always, these stories are great- gripping, and perfectly pitched to keep adults as well as kids amused, and these adaptations are brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended read, 4 Dec. 2014
D. Savage (UK) - See all my reviews
A great story, well illustrated I love reading the books and my daughters love the graphic novels.