Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 December 2005
This is Jill's newest Worst Witch book, and I might go as far as to say that it is her best. With the mischevious ways of Mildred Hubble, her and her friends Maud and Enid are now in Form Three with a new form mistress, Miss Granite, who has a mass of red curls and a strange cloak that hides most of her face. But prepare for laughs - Mildred loses her hair and when it grows again, it just won't stop! A brilliant book, you won't be disappointed. Along with 'A Bad Spell for the Worst Witch', this is the best one yet/
on 8 August 2012
I'm astounded at the other reviews for this book, my daughter couldn't put it down, having seen some of the tv series, she was keen to read all of the worst witch series but particularly loved this one - language & understanding of life at boarding school and the complexities of girls of a certain age is clearly demonstrated. I do wonder if the author was the inspiration to a young JK Rowling!
on 1 May 2016
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter who has enjoyed reading the other Worst Witch stories and this one doesn't disappoint. She really enjoyed the part where Mildred (the main character) turns herself into an ant! Even though this book is part of a series, I think you can enjoy it without reading the earlier ones. I think it's suitable for 7-11 years.
on 16 January 2015
Super! Have read all of them with my boys age 6 and 8 and they love them - even if the main character is a girl! They are just nice and wholesome and fun..... Great for giving example of resilience and how to cope when things not going your way. Can't recommend the series highly enough for this age group. This book was the best of the lot I think
on 31 August 2015
I remember reading and enjoying these books when I was young, bought them for my daughter, and we are enjoying reading them together, loving them just as much second time round. Brilliant adventures of a little witch.
Arrived well packaged, excellent price Fantastic seller. Thank You :-)
on 14 October 2012
This book arrived very quickly, as always from Amazon. It's the first one in the series that my Daughter has read and she absolutely loves it! shall be ordering the rest :-)
on 21 February 2014
I read these as a child and my niece (aged 5) now reads them...the attraction hasn't faded!
The stories are great for girls aged 5 - 14 i'd say.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2015
Bought for my daughter who loves The Worst Witch. It din't take very long for her to read this and she loved it.
on 2 April 2014
Excellent author, my 6 year old loves these, she just can’t get enough, great to aid reading and writting skills
on 23 July 2015
My granddaughter loved the first book I read to her while on holiday so I thought she would like this one too.