5.0 out of 5 stars Girl Power!
Okay, I'm going to try and be objective here. Easy by Tammara Webber is... a great book. I heard about Tammara through the New Adult forum on Goodreads. I didn't start with Easy but her YA trilogy Between The Lines. I devoured it in three days: one book a night. When I turned the last page of Good For You (book 3), I directly purchased her latest (stand-alone) novel, Easy...
Published on 27 Jun 2012 by Marion Croslydon

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull
My chief complaint about this novel is Jacqueline's unrealistic reaction to being sexually assaulted. In short, it doesn't seem to have the kind of impact on her thoughts or behaviors that I would expect. She shows no fear or hypervigilance except when she's face-to-face with her attacker, she doesn't alter her behavior, and she's ready to jump into bed with a guy only...
Published 12 months ago by Goddess of Blah Book Reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "Maybe I'm exacly where I should be after all.", 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Simply amazing! This is one book where you should 100% believe the hype. I have yet to come across a negative review for Easy and now that I have read it I can see why. It really is simply amazing!

I strongly believe that Easy should be required reading for any female high school senior prior to starting college. The subject matter involved is serious and is never taken lightly in the story. Thankfully I have never found myself in a similar situation to Jacqueline but I believe it is all too easy for girls to forget their surrounds on a night out and bad things do happen, far too often! With the book starting with and dealing with such a heavy subject matter you may get the impression this would be a depressing book, but trust me it is not! Yes I cried, but to be honest I'm a bit of a softy and cry quite often during books that pull me in emotionally. But there is plenty of joy and laughter also, so please don't think of this as a 'Debbie Downer', it is perfectly balanced.

The characters are believable. Jacqueline is a strong female lead and I don't fault any of her actions. Not having the same experiences it would be easy for a bystander to criticize how she handles her dilemma. But I would never assume to know the emotions and feelings that take place in that moment and would never judge how somebody gets through that type of trauma.

Lucas is just... well... Lucas is just swoon worthy to the highest degree! Tattoos, lip ring, crystal clear eyes, dark hair and he is an artist. What is not to love? He is also strong, caring, sweet but very troubled. It becomes evident that while he is helping Jacqueline get through what has happened to her he has also had something happen in his past. This is just another reason why I loved Easy. This isn't the knight in shining armor story you would assume it is, Lucas is being saved by Jacqueline just as much.

I started this book in the evening and I found myself at 80% at 2:00am. Although it was the night we set the clocks back so really it was 3:00am. And if it wasn't for the fact I had to be somewhere the next day I so would have finished it in one sitting. I was finding it so difficult to put it down. Even despite the late night I was up at 8:30am and the first thing I did was grab my Kindle and didn't get out of bed until I was finished.

At the end I found myself wondering how I have never read any of Tammara Webber's Between the Lines series, I have now added them all to my TBR pile! So please, do not hesitate in reading Easy! I could not suggest it more and I think you will also become a fan of Webber's writing from the first chapter. My only disappointment is that this is a one off novel as I would have loved to see more of Jacqueline and Lucas in the future.

"Choosing to be with you isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline," he breathed, pulling back one final time to stare into my eyes. "It's easy. Incredibly easy."

Christine
Rainy Day Reads

5.0 out of 5 stars YA Romance at it's best., 15 Aug 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
This is one of those EVO books - you know - it sticks in your hands like glue until you've devoured the last page. I read this in one sitting staying up late into the night, I just couldn't and didn't want to put it down. It's such a feel good YA romance full of great characters and a great story. Sigh, This book is a keeper and I will definitely revisit it again and again over the years, it's just too darn good to leave it on the shelves gathering dust.

4.0 out of 5 stars An 'Easy' Read., 17 July 2012
Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely story, and Lucas is well worthy of making the 'book boyfriend' list.

Jacqueline is a great Heroine and I admired her courage throughout this book.

I am a slightly mature reader (in my 30's) and I was concerned that this college drama would be a little immature for me, but I was proven wrong. This story captured me from the first few pages (although they were pretty tense), and kept me turning those pages until 1am.

I personally would have liked to have seen a little more elaboration on the intimacy moments between the two main characters, but thats just personal preference. I felt that part was a little rushed and could have been really beautiful. But overall, a lovely story with a feel good ending.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it's just me?!, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Since reading a freebie by Elizabeth Reyes, who also writes YA novels, Amazon keeps recommending YA novels to me. At first I resisted thinking I was far too old, but having enjoyed some of them (Thoughtless, Gio) and hating others (Romeo), I decided to read Easy.
I didn't find it as easy to get into as others I have read and when I did get into it, I found one part of the storyline very obvious. I don't know why other reviewers refer to Lucas as a bad boy. He certainly isn't a bad boy, he's a good boy...maybe too good!
I liked their romance and flirting but wasn't keen on some aspects of the story and was actually disappointed with the ending. Yes the get a HEA but I thought this was a romance...they don't even say those three little words to one another!
I didn't really like this authors style of writing, so I won't look for other stories by her. Although this sounds like quite a negative review, I wouldn't want it to put anyone off. I'm sure YA will love it but for me as a MA, it wasn't to my liking.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book very much indeed, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book very much indeed. It was enough to hold my interest for the few hours it took me to read it. I had not encountered this author before this but am sure to read her again after this. The story of Lucas and Jacqueline is well developed and thoroughly enjoyable and the fact that they get their HEA is wonderful too. Would easily recommend to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favourite books, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Easy (Paperback)
I don't think anything that I write could do this book the justice it deserves, so therefore I am simply going to say:

This was an AWESOME book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Adult Must Read, 23 Jun 2014
Miss Victoria Ramage (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
I don't consider myself the romantic type, but stick a mushy love story in my hands and I'll be hooked for hours! I don't think I've tried a New Adult book before, so when I was offered copies of Easy and Breakable, I jumped at the chance. I've heard some great things about Easy and it really did not disappoint.

The subject of rape is pretty strong throughout this story and I thank Tammara so, so much for showing us the devastating effects of both rape and attempted rape, and how to deal with it properly (by kicking the guy's ass into next Sunday and calling the cops). I also loved Jacqueline's friend Erin, just for being her. She finds out her best friend nearly got raped and the first thing she does is sign them up for self defense classes. Every girl needs a friend like her.

Lucas. Lucas. Lucas. The boy is kind of important in these stories and yes, he was sexy all right. And the sexytimes were very, very sexy. *fans self* I fell in love with Lucas and fell in love with their relationship too, they just felt so right together. Which just sounds mushy sorry. They really did just work though and I enjoyed every minute with them.

Although Jacqueline clearly sees Lucas as a protective figure (nothing wrong with that), I enjoyed that throughout the story she got stronger mentally and physically and in the end could pretty much fend for herself. It was something that put me off New Adult, the worry that the girl would be the meek and mild type. I really loved most of the characters in this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful YA novel- I enjoyed it a lot, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
This was an easy read I finished it in a few hours. I loved the characters and the sexual tension. This is a YA novel so the sex scenes ( I think there is only one or two) are nicely written nothing really explicit. I loved the dance scene at the night club. Ms Webber uses the email and text messages that you see a lot of in books today well. Characters today do not speak to each other in person anymore they communicate via text and emails. Worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best NA book so far, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
This book is more than a NA romance book. it is about growing up, knowing how to stand by your decisions and how to be strong and fight against adversity and tragedy. I love this book as it has a strong message for young women to stand up against violence. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Jacqueline, hasn't been having much luck lately, after fallowing her boyfriend of 3 years to the college of his choice , a very different choice to the one a gifted musician like her self should go to, he breaks up with her only a few weeks in to the semester.

2 weeks after the spilt, still trying to make sense of it all, she goes to a Halloween party only to end up the victim of an attempted rape and the accused none other thank Buck, a friend of her best friends boyfriend. Lucky a stranger is there at the right time and manages to pull Buck off her, and drives her home making sure she is safe
After skipping classes for 2 weeks, the first class back is Economics. One she not only happens to share with her ex Kennedy, but sits right next too. Unable to face him just yet, she takes one of the empty sits at the back, only to notice her knight in shinning army sitting bored and sketching. Jacqueline knows one thing for sure, she may not have noticed him before but now she can't take her eyes off him.

In a bid to help her catch up with her missed work, her teacher assigns her a tutor. A smart, funny guy named Landan. Due to hectic schedule, the tutoring is strictly email only and Jacqueline soon find herself falling for not only Landon but Lucas, someone who is now suddenly everywhere.
Love triangles are not the only thing she has to worry, Buck just wont seem to get the picture and leave her alone, and Kennedy doesn't know if he made the right decision. After coming to the conclusion that things will probably never happen between her and Landon, Jacqueline sets her sights on Lucas. She soon finds out its not going to be as easy to catch this one as she had hoped.

My thoughts? I loved loved loved this book. The characters were so well written and thought out that I was heart broken when it ended. Jacqueline is not perfect, but she tries to right her wrongs , she's strong minded and determined and I think a brilliant example for young women reading this book. Hell I think the book in general is. This books shows its ok to fight back, that we shouldn't just accept the love we think we deserve (yes... yes I do relies I just stole that line from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. But sadly I don't care). It shows its ok to want to get back out there after you get your heart broken, and it doesn't automatically make you a slut.

I just really really loved this book. And Lucas?... don't get me started on him. I'm pretty certain he's one of my favourite male characters for the past year or so.

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›

Easy
Easy by Tammara Webber (Paperback - 3 Jan 2013)
5.59