5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!
What an amazing way to end this series! This book was absolutely jam packed full of action! I figured we'd get more of a build up but it went straight into the battle pretty early on and it didn't stop from there.

Published on 17 Jun. 2012 by Elle

3.0 out of 5 stars For kids
Good read for the more adventurous kid or teen. Filled some time and helps to encourage reading. Great gift for any child.
Published on 20 Feb. 2013 by funnimummy

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 17 Jun. 2012

One thing I find odd about me liking this book so much is that there is a lot of flashback scenes (Percys dreams & the Gods showing him stuff) and it didn't bother me one bit. I normally really, really hate flashbacks but it is a testament to Riordan's writing that I really loved this book anyway. Every scene felt it had a purpose.

I was so glad that so many great characters played a part in the final battle. Clarisse has never truly been a likeable character but in this book she was downright HBIC.

There were also so many twists. A lot of them I really did not see coming. Even though we had a lot of clues they were cryptic and open to a lot of interpretation. I did manage to guess a few but in the end it didn't really matter because the ending was so well tied together that it felt like no matter how hard you tried, you could of never thought of it yourself so perfectly.

If I was less fangirly about this entire series I could have two complaints about this book. It felt like it tried too hard to be funny at the start (but it soon evened out). There where so many random one liners, that fair enough to Rick Riordan made me laugh out loud, but they weren't really needed.

Secondly, everyone turned out to be redeemed or forgiven in some way and not everyone deserved that. In a way it made sense, after all these are just kids. But some of them where just downright evil and others complete brats that didn't deserve to be redeemed or forgiven at all.

The ending was sweet and left a lot open so Riordan could write a lot more!

And can we please appreciate how awesome Nico is. I had to stop myself at certain points because no way should a person my age be thinking that Riordan's description of Nico was attractive!

My two favourite quotes:

"If you're heading downtown from Central Park, my advice is to take the subway. Flying pigs are faster, but way more dangerous."

&

"I kept climbing - past another telkhine who was so startled he dropped his Li'l Demons lunchbox. I left him alive - partly because his lunchbox was cool, partly so he could raise the alarm and hopefully get his friends to follow me rather than head towards the engine "

4.0 out of 5 stars This is how you finish a series, 18 Nov. 2014
4.5 STARS

Rick Riordan is a genius.

This is how you finish a series, and after the disappointment of so many of other final installments to come back to a series that I love which has an ending I love just as much is a breath of fresh air.

Granted there were a few things I didn’t like so much and I wanted to get them out of the way first; and this largely included the completion of the prophecy. I still found myself surprised with how it played out but I think there wasn’t nearly enough emphasis on that final decision and also the way it kind of skipped the fact it was Percy’s birthday until after…

Putting this aside though, The Last Olympian was a heart pounding, action filled adventure with friendships as well as relationships that will twist your heart and give you all the feels! As a re-read I didn’t expect to find myself constantly on the edge of my seat or screaming at characters, but Riordan has an amazing ability to keep the story new no matter how many times you read it and this is something I know I’ll cherish along with the series when I come back again years later.

For now though, I can see more of the amazing characters in the Heroes of Olympus series and while I know it’s dangerous to go into a book with high expectations, I simply can’t help it! It will have Percabeth and if that doesn’t get my hopes up for a spin-off I don’t know what would.

I definitely recommend people stick with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series to the very end because it was well worth it, and I can’t stress enough how you won’t regret picking the first book up in the first place (of course if you’re reading this book it’s likely you’ve already started for which I applaud you).

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite series ever!, 21 Sept. 2013
Okay, this book was PERFECT. JUST PERFECT. That is the single best word to describe it.

In each book one of my absolute favorite elements has been the introduction of the gods. In this book I must say it was Hestia. Goddess of the hearth - you always forget about her, but to me it strikes a chord, as home has always been the most important thing to me. So her character to me was a beautiful addition that really made you think. I was surprised because usually in all mythology Persephone is my favorite, but Riordan's adaptation of her wasn't that amazing to me.

So much action. It's amazing. When you think about it, like 200 or so of the 250 pages is just the battle. Or that's what it feels like. It goes on and on but it NEVER GETS TIRING. It was beautifully constructed. And while it did get a *little* bit corny after a while that every x pages a new reinforcement would appear, it was awesome because all of the characters came back. And if they had all been there from the beginning, in the end no one would have gotten the right amount of attention.

What scene was amazing to me? Just every every every single bit of it. Seriously, thinking back, it was just completely solid. Each scene was an absolute page turner and added to the story. I just couldn't read fast enough. I must admit, if they do ever get to a movie of this book, it will be completely and totally epic. I already realized that when Percy bathes in the River Styx, and the battle following that. That was SO FREAKING AWESOME. The images in my head, gah, it makes me wish I could work in the movie industry or something. And just after that, all the fight scenes... amazing.

The ending just had me flailing. Flailing and flailing. Percy/Annabeth is PERFECT. I just love their relationship. I love the teasing and the .. the... adorable cuteness of it all xD Especially when Percy tries to confess. That was just a perfect perfect scene. Seriously.

This book was absolutely perfect, the best book in the series. My heart is totally sold to this fandom right now. And I will be continuing with The Heroes of Olympus very very soon.

Recommended for: fans of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERCY JACKSON THE FINAL BOOK, 4 Nov. 2012
A GREAT BUT SAD ENDING TO THE FIVE BOOK SERIES.

A BIG SECOND TITAN WAR IS HAPPENING AND DEMIGODS FROM ALL OVER THE GLOBE GATHER TO DEFEAT LORD KRONOS, BUT WILL PERCY MAKE IT TO HIS 16TH BIRTHDAY?¿?

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Packed Ending!, 29 July 2012
I don't know why it has taken me so long to review one of these books as they are all brilliant. I started this series after watching the film and the books were by far ten times better. Straight from the first book you get involved with the characters and become attached. I'm going to stop talking about the previous books and talk about this one, Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian which is the final book in the Percy Jackson series.

This book is all about the demigods protecting Mount Olympus. It is full of action and adventure and keeps you entertained all the way till the end. In this book you feel everything the characters go through the pain, the loss and of course the pride. I loved how every character we had met in the previous books seemed to come back in this book which made it all better than expected. What I like about these books is how all the Greek mythology is involved and makes the story so much more interesting.

Percy Jackson was still the strong character we see in the previous books and in this book he grows more too. Annabeth was still the smart and wise girl we had met and she has to come to terms with a lot in this book. I find Grover the funniest character in the series except maybe Apollo and the only thing I didn't like was how he seemed absent in the last few books unlike the first one when he was there the whole journey. Thalia was back in this book too and was as strong as ever leading the hunt. Nico, the son of Hades played a bigger part in this book and he is such a unique character who I find very interesting and wished he had a bigger part in the series but no matter what he is so awesome. I have to say Rick Riordan did a brilliant job by making each of the Gods and Goddess' unique and brilliant in their own way. My favourite Gods and Goddess' in this series have to be Apollo with his cheeky smile and great poetry, Hermes and his snakes, George and Martha (I think that's their names), Dionysus even though he is meant to be horrible to Percy I find him quite funny and have a weird crush on him, and Artemis and her hunt, who seemed the nicest goddess out of them all and of course Hades who played a big part in the end.

I think this is why this book was strong as the characters were all well thought out and each had their fatal flaw like real people. The plot was also strong and constant throughout the whole series and always kept the reader interested. Despite reading these in a couple of weeks I have grown fond of these characters and will miss them greatly and I will most probably revisit the series very soon as I don't wish to say goodbye yet.

Rick Riordan has created an exceptional and unique series and I would recommend this book to everyone especially those who are interested in Greek mythology.

4.0 out of 5 stars terrifically entertaining end to the series, 6 May 2009
A. Craig "Amanda Craig" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
There's no doubt in my mind that RR is the US Rowling. Similar premise - gifted kid goes to special school in order to fulfil his destiny and save the world, only this is Greek gods not wizards. Percy is now 16, and about to find out whether he really will defeat Kronos, the Titan enemy of Olympus. Though really he'd just like to have his first real kiss with either Rachel or Annabeth (daughter of Athene).
Wouldn't you know it, all hell is about to break loose to stop the hormonal rush, and Riordan sweeps you off from the first page, when a pegasus lands on Percy's stepdad's car bonnet. It is huge, huge fun, and the jokes are almost as good as the battle scenes. Percy has grown emotionally from a scared boy with dyslexia and ADHD to a brave young man who even wins grudging admiration from the Lord of Death. It's his relationship with other young demi-gods, and his humility, which save the day.
So why not give it five stars? Technically, it's far slicker and smoother than Rowling. The author has done his homework about Greek myth, and is gloriously funny about transposing this onto modern America. Yet Rowling's uneven series has a real feeling of magic about it, and a depth, that is rare. It goes deeper, and is more fully-thought-out in every eccentric detail; it doesn't go for easy laughs all the time; it deals with kinds of pain that are more mature and difficult than having a vile stepfather or a dysfunctional family. All the same, I can't wait for the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars A truly fantastic read, 30 Aug. 2013
This book is the last in the Percy Jackson series, apart from the demi-god files, and it is truly a fantastic end to the books.
I really enjoyed reading all the books but this book has been one of the best in series.
This book has many surprising events and gripping chapters that make you turn the page. I found myself living in a whole new world when reading. I, also, liked the relationships in the books. It really shows exemplary friendships and it even makes you feel the saying "there is more to someone than meets the eye", for those who have read the book will know what character I am referring to.
Although I found some of the events predictable, which many of you will, it still completed the book. I am happy with the ending of the book, Rick Riordan has really made the series come to a excited and gripping ending.
As Percy Jackson is a now turning into a major film series I can only hope that all the films do the books justice and bring them to life.
I recommend teenagers to read this book but it is also suitable for adults. It show the intensity of high school, building friendships and dealing with the bullies as well as showing that when you put all differences aside we are all the same.
This book is truly a fantastic read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A spectacular finish for the Percy Jackson series, 24 Aug. 2013
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (Paperback)
This is the last book in the series of five that make up the Percy Jackson series. There is a follow on series called The Heroes of Olympus, which features some of the characters from this series, but this is the culmination of this particular five book plot arc.

I have been reading these books to my children all summer, and have been as excited as them to finally find out what happens, which is good, because they demand at least three chapters a night, and sometimes more if my voice can stand it. This is not a book you can read as a standalone novel, and if you are new to Rick Riordan's writing I suggest you start with the first book, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.

Riordan's books are always action packed, but I think this one is even more exciting to read as it launches us straight into the action and never stops delivering thrill after thrill. My children were utterly gripped.

I don't want to give anything away here, so will not go into the ins and outs of the plot, but will say that we all thought the ending was excellent and everything was resolved satisfactorily. An amazing series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epicness, 26 Nov. 2013
This a good book that is action packed and deserves to be by first review. I read this book late but I hope that Rick J would write more books.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these books, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (Paperback)
I love these books, as a 22 year old single working mum there is nothing better than putting your child to bed, cleaning then relaxing with a good fantasy book. I read all 5 in this series within 6 days (dinner breaks inc) i really didn't want to put them down or to finish. Just ordered the Heroes of Olympus books and i hope they are as good if not better than these. 5 stars!

Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (Paperback - 4 July 2013)