5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!
What an amazing way to end this series! This book was absolutely jam packed full of action! I figured we'd get more of a build up but it went straight into the battle pretty early on and it didn't stop from there.

Published on 17 Jun 2012 by Elle

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read
I would say this series did not stand out on the pages for me; very well written and the storyline does not get boring.
Published 3 months ago by Elliott Brookes

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 17 Jun 2012

One thing I find odd about me liking this book so much is that there is a lot of flashback scenes (Percys dreams & the Gods showing him stuff) and it didn't bother me one bit. I normally really, really hate flashbacks but it is a testament to Riordan's writing that I really loved this book anyway. Every scene felt it had a purpose.

I was so glad that so many great characters played a part in the final battle. Clarisse has never truly been a likeable character but in this book she was downright HBIC.

There were also so many twists. A lot of them I really did not see coming. Even though we had a lot of clues they were cryptic and open to a lot of interpretation. I did manage to guess a few but in the end it didn't really matter because the ending was so well tied together that it felt like no matter how hard you tried, you could of never thought of it yourself so perfectly.

If I was less fangirly about this entire series I could have two complaints about this book. It felt like it tried too hard to be funny at the start (but it soon evened out). There where so many random one liners, that fair enough to Rick Riordan made me laugh out loud, but they weren't really needed.

Secondly, everyone turned out to be redeemed or forgiven in some way and not everyone deserved that. In a way it made sense, after all these are just kids. But some of them where just downright evil and others complete brats that didn't deserve to be redeemed or forgiven at all.

The ending was sweet and left a lot open so Riordan could write a lot more!

And can we please appreciate how awesome Nico is. I had to stop myself at certain points because no way should a person my age be thinking that Riordan's description of Nico was attractive!

My two favourite quotes:

"If you're heading downtown from Central Park, my advice is to take the subway. Flying pigs are faster, but way more dangerous."

&

"I kept climbing - past another telkhine who was so startled he dropped his Li'l Demons lunchbox. I left him alive - partly because his lunchbox was cool, partly so he could raise the alarm and hopefully get his friends to follow me rather than head towards the engine "

5.0 out of 5 stars PERCY JACKSON THE FINAL BOOK, 4 Nov 2012
A GREAT BUT SAD ENDING TO THE FIVE BOOK SERIES.

A BIG SECOND TITAN WAR IS HAPPENING AND DEMIGODS FROM ALL OVER THE GLOBE GATHER TO DEFEAT LORD KRONOS, BUT WILL PERCY MAKE IT TO HIS 16TH BIRTHDAY?¿?

5.0 out of 5 stars Epicness, 26 Nov 2013
This a good book that is action packed and deserves to be by first review. I read this book late but I hope that Rick J would write more books.

4.0 out of 5 stars terrifically entertaining end to the series, 6 May 2009
A. Craig "Amanda Craig" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
There's no doubt in my mind that RR is the US Rowling. Similar premise - gifted kid goes to special school in order to fulfil his destiny and save the world, only this is Greek gods not wizards. Percy is now 16, and about to find out whether he really will defeat Kronos, the Titan enemy of Olympus. Though really he'd just like to have his first real kiss with either Rachel or Annabeth (daughter of Athene).
Wouldn't you know it, all hell is about to break loose to stop the hormonal rush, and Riordan sweeps you off from the first page, when a pegasus lands on Percy's stepdad's car bonnet. It is huge, huge fun, and the jokes are almost as good as the battle scenes. Percy has grown emotionally from a scared boy with dyslexia and ADHD to a brave young man who even wins grudging admiration from the Lord of Death. It's his relationship with other young demi-gods, and his humility, which save the day.
So why not give it five stars? Technically, it's far slicker and smoother than Rowling. The author has done his homework about Greek myth, and is gloriously funny about transposing this onto modern America. Yet Rowling's uneven series has a real feeling of magic about it, and a depth, that is rare. It goes deeper, and is more fully-thought-out in every eccentric detail; it doesn't go for easy laughs all the time; it deals with kinds of pain that are more mature and difficult than having a vile stepfather or a dysfunctional family. All the same, I can't wait for the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Jan 2014
I cant get enough of these percy jackson books! They're so addictive its unreal. Have plenty of free time to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars All 5 books, 25 Jan 2014
Just amazing, I would say enjoyable for all ages, haven't enjoyed a read this much since the Harry Potter series of the Game of Thrones series! Can't wait to start reading more books by Rick Riordan! I couldn't recommend these series of books more, and the last book (the last Olympian) was wonderfully written and just a delight to read! The story was the balls!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A for awesome, 21 Jan 2014
So cool i could read it again and again and again and still not get bored of it. L O L

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Book in the Series is the Best One Yet, 14 Jun 2011
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It's a week before Percy Jackson's sixteenth birthday; the day that he will fulfill a prophecy he has only heard part of. But Percy has other things on his mind. The Titans are attacking all over the globe. His father, Poseidon, is fighting a giant monster under the sea. The majority of the other gods are fighting in the middle of the country, leaving Mount Olympus undefended.

Somehow, Percy and the other half-bloods must find a way to protect the seat of the gods' power or civilization as we know it will unravel. Nico has a plan, but it seems dangerous. Should Percy follow it? Will they stand a chance even if Percy goes through with it?

While the other books in the series have been fun, I've felt they were also formulaic. That's definitely not the case here. The action starts early and keeps going the entire way through the book. I always had a hard time putting it down. The characters are well developed as well. I was very sad to say goodbye to them. So much that we have seen before comes into play here that it feels like a great conclusion.

If you've been enjoying this series, I can't recommend this book highly enough. If you haven't discovered these books yet, I recommend you start with the first one so you can full appreciate what happens here.

5.0 out of 5 stars The End and Birth of the Olympus Series, 19 May 2009
Percy Jackson has been my favourite series of books ever since I grabbed the lightening thief, with each book getting better and better than the last building upon the classic Greek myths and introducing them into a modern world superbly. Each page had me gripped to the very end, with very strong characters, writing, humour and an epic end to the series.
The story its self is based on the prophecy of Percy Jackson our hero. Who has been foretold to either destroy or save Olympus. Meanwhile the villain of the series Luke/Kronos begins his siege upon he gods and it is up to the demigods to save New York.

It certainly didn't disappoint me in the slightest bit. Was a perfect ending and whilst I'm sad to see it end, I'm pleased he allowed the series to end on such a strong story.

I will add though, the book has set up the next announced half blood series that rick plans to release next year So lets hope it's as thrilling as the first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (Paperback)
briliant

Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (Paperback - 4 July 2013)
5.24