5.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth
So, having made an enemy of a son of Hades last Christmas, Percy Jackson must be hoping that the new year is a lot better than the last, right?

Published on 18 Sept. 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor.
Actually very badly written, good adventure story(ish). Nice read for my ten year old. . . but use of English is poor, limited vocabulary. The mangling of Greek myth to fit it in with modern teen morals grates.
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth, 18 Sept. 2009

Well, if he is, he's a fool. A game of capture the flag leads to the discovery of an entrance to the mythical Labyrinth, and thus a back-door entrance into camp. Which certain enemies, like say Kronos, Lord of Time and King of the Titans, may use to destroy the camp.

And so, another adventure begins for Percy and his friends, who must delve into this maze of wonders, terrors, monsters, friends, foes, and everything else inbetween. Including a monster who really needs to up her personal hygene levels and a friend who has more arms than you can count.

In this, the penultimate volume of the series, Riordan neatly sets up his dominoes, while also making the story fun, exciting, and compelling to read. Like the rest of the series to date, you won't be able to put this book down (which I learned the hard way).

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavens to Percy!, 3 Jun. 2008
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is book four of the Percy Jackson series, with only one more installment to come. Readers from around ten years old will be thrilled by the adventures of the teenaged hero who just happens to be the son of Poseidon, God of the Sea, and all his friends, most of whom are the children of the Olympians from Greek Mythology.

In my opinion, it would be better if you read the series in order, and the three previous books are:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1)
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2)
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 3)

In "The Battle of the Labyrinth", Percy and three friends set off on a quest through the treacherous labyrinth, in search of the inventor Daedalus, hoping that he will help them to defeat the army being assembled by Luke, son of Hermes. The thing is - Luke is just the messenger, and the evil he's about to unleash can bring down Olympus itself.

Although still clueless about girls and relationships, Percy starts developing and unleashing his powers, and surprises even himself when he attempts to repeat Hercules' great stable cleansing project. Other demi-gods also come into their own in book four, and a mortal girl proves to be just the ticket, and in the nick of time too. In a related sub-story, the search for Pan reaches an exhilarating climax.

Packed with monsters of all persuasions, gods and demi-gods, rescues, battles and side trips to Alcatraz and Mount St. Helens, this is by far the most exciting book of the series so far.

Amazingly imaginative, thrilling and funny, this series by Rick Riordan continues to be a front runner in children's fiction, and I recommend it without reservation.

Amanda Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, 17 Jun. 2012
"If you've never been charged by an enthusiastic Cyclops wearing a flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves, I'm telling you, it'll wake you up quick."

I'm going to start of by saying you would never, ever find me in the Labyrinth. That things sound scary. Not so much the monsters you encounter, but the fact it's forever changing and alive in some ways.

I absolutely love this series and this book definitely did not disappoint.

I thought I'd completely called a twist after a certain dream scene of Percys and was all chuffed with myself then was absolutely gobsmacked when the actual twist turned out to be even more impressive.

Riordan is just a brilliant writer. Even in pretty dire situations he seems to find a way to bring humour into it without taking away from the seriousness of the situation! I was also really glad we got to see Rachel Elizabeth Dare again. I mean, we only met her very, very briefly in the last book but I had a feeling we'd be seeing her again and I'm glad it was so soon and in such a big way!

One thing I could of done without was the nearly superficial love triangle that Percy found himself in. I mean, him and Annabeth had enough problems getting together with Luke and mass drama of nearly dying every page without another problem but it worked weirdly enough in the end.

I finished this book to only go straight onto the next. I just couldn't wait to find out what happened!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting follow up!, 7 Mar. 2012
I ordered this Percy Jackson book when my library's copy was taken out from right under my nose.
Percy and all his friends our back, the book is exciting. The ride will have you gripping your seat in anticipation.
Percy and Annabeth are cornered by some scorpions and to escape they hide in a cave inside Zeus's fist, the giant pile of boulders in the woods at Camp Half-Blood. When they emerge Annabeth realises they have found the entrance to the mystical labyrinth of Daedalus of Crete.
With Grover and Tyson, they embark on a journey to save the camp from Titan invasion while Grover continues his search for Pan, the god of the wild.
One unfriendly brother, a herd of flesh-eating horses, a set of wings and a long journey later, Percy prepares to defend the camp.
Read and enjoy, I would recommend this book for 10-15 years of ages! Older or younger people may like them but I think this is just right! :-)
Hope this was helpful!
Jessica

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect mix of constant action as well as family/friend relationships, 17 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth (Paperback)
Original thought 4/8/12: I am yet to be disappointed in this series; in fact it just seems to be getting better and better!

Being the penultimate book in the Percy Jackson series I want to start by saying that I love how strong this series has been right from the start, because it has never failed to impress me.

This book in particular is one of my favourites because it has the perfect mix of constant action as well as family/friend relationships that simply brighten my day. Percabeth seems to be finally happening and if that isn’t enough reason for 5 stars… Annabeth seems to still be hung up on Luke though which has always been infuriating to me and Percy has good reason to get annoyed with it as well (even if he’s a boy about it and doesn’t get why he's even annoyed).

The gang is back together after they were apart for the majority of the previous book The Titan’s Curse, along with Rachel who is not the pain-in-the-ass character only there to form a love triangle that people expected her to be; and the importance she has in the story, and will come to have, is really interesting.

All the characters have visibly matured from the first book up to this point, but Percy in particular still has his signature snarky voice and I’m so glad that the grave circumstances never took that away.

The situation with the impending prophecy definitely adds a more serious tone to this book, like it did with the last and the mysterious labyrinth only added to this unease. I can’t wait to continue on to the last book which I seem to remember does not disappoint.

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite series ever!, 21 Sept. 2013
Wow, the books in this series just get better and better don't they? I enjoyed this one even more than The Titan's Curse, which I honestly wasn't expecting.

There was so much story development, but I mean, there has to be when the two sides finally start fighting. I think the actual battle of the labyrinth was my favorite scene in the book. So much action. Riordan wrote that very well. It was immensely exciting.

So many love triangles in this book. I must admit, I love the addition of Rachel Elizabeth Dare to the book, if only to watch Annabeth get more and more agitated. I was kind of sad though that they didn't develop it but I suppose that will happen in the next book. Which I can't wait for. After reading this book, I must admit, I really love Percy/Annabeth, and I dunno, it might beat out Luke/Annabeth. (Like other fandoms, fanfiction could change this, and I have been reassured there is enough Luke/Annabeth out there to find.)

I'm really curious to know more about Luke, and how things ended up the way they did. But I have that in each book. Please please answer these questions in the last installment!!!

I was surprised Thalia did not come back. I honestly expected her to appear in this book. But I'm *pretty* sure she'll come back in the next. If anything I like her for her spunky, sassy personality.

The birthday scene at the end was priceless. If they ever make movie of this they have to include that or I'll be crushed. Also: Nico is really interesting!! Despite the fact that he's like 11, he is really cool!

On the whole I feel like this book had way better writing and more unexpected twists than the previous ones. It was definitely very enjoyable.

Recommended for: fans of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another slice of genius from Rick Riordan, 4 Aug. 2013
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth (Paperback)
This is the fourth adventure in the Percy Jackson series that starts with Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief.

Percy is a boy who happens to be half god, or a half blood as people like him are known. His father is Poseidon, king of the oceans, and because of him Percy can control the waters and the things that live in the water.

When Percy first discovers about his half blood origins he is at Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for heroes of the new Olympus. Olympus is alive and well in the 21st Century and situated in a magical quantum way in and around America, the new seat of world power.

Each book unfolds a quest which Percy and his friends must go on to save the world, and the Olympian Gods from destruction. In this volume, the power of Kronos, the evil Titan Lord grows even stronger, and he sends his hordes through the new version of the minotaur's labyrinth to try and destroy Percy, his friends and all they stand for.

I love these books. My children love these books. They are funny, clever and ingenious. I love the way Rick Riordan marries the classic Greek myths to the modern world and makes the stories fit so seamlessly it appears as if they were meant to be like that all along. I love the fact that as well as being complete page turners, the stories are thoughtful and the characters are well developed. The overarching plot line of Kronos and his dark army is inspired, and makes each quest more rich and interesting to read about than if they had been standalone adventures.

There is one more book to go in this series, and my children and I cannot wait to read it together. I've been reading the books out loud to my six and ten year olds and they actually beg me for more chapters. If my voice would hold out all day, they'd have me reading all day. Wonderful books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving Toward Apocalypse?, 12 Mar. 2011
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Percy Jackson is looking forward to summer at Camp Half-Blood, the training camp for demigods. But the growing conflict between Kronos, king of the Titans, and the gods of mount Olympus, has even infiltrated the camp. It's recently been discovered that there is an entrance to Daedalus' Labyrinth on camp grounds. If so, this entrance could be used to get around the camp's security system and attack the camp itself. And so Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Tyson set out on a quest into the heart of the ever changing labyrinth hoping to find Daedalus in his workshop before the Titan army does.

Meanwhile, Percy is having dreams about Daedalus from 2000 years ago and visions of Nico's attempts to raise the dead. Will Percy be able to reason with Nico? Will Percy and his friends find the Daedalus' workshop and stop the army from invading their camp?

This book is certainly another fun read. I was always reluctant to put it down. However, it follows the formula of the earlier books in the series. It would really be nice if he could come up with another type of plot to hang the story on.

Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of advancement in the overall story. Plus we get the same great creative mix of ancient myth and modern times that we've seen in the previous books.

You can't help but love these characters, and that's the case again here. I especially found the new romantic triangle developing fun. Poor Percy is clueless to what is going on around him and how he is causing it.

Unfortunately, the author felt the need to preach to us about the environment a couple of times. While I could see the argument that it is part of the story, to me it felt forced into the book.

Still, I enjoyed this book. After that last chapter, you can bet I will be finishing off the series very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok.....this is the best book ever., 21 Mar. 2010
A Kid's Review
Percy Jackson is a fun, modern but creative and action pack series for kids. It is my favourite book and i have read them all.

It won childrens book of the year 2009 and was very popular, so popular they made a film of the first one: Percy Jackson and the Lightning theif.

Percy jackson and the Lightning theif (1st)
Percy jackson and the Sea of Monsters (2nd)
Percy jackson and the Titans curse (3rd)
Percy jackson and the battle of the labyrinth(4th)
Percy jackson and the Last olympian (5th)

But there are more coming out, like Percy jackson and the red pyramid and Percy jackson and the sword of Hades.

The Battle of the labyrinth is about our heros, Percy, annabeth, Tyson and Grover must try and find Daedalus, who is the creator of the labyrinth. But dangers are lurking and exciting surprises are waiting.

The lost god speaks!
Kronos rises!
Battle of the Labyrinth explodes into Camp half Blood!

4.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth, 10 Sept. 2014
Not as good as the previous books in this series but enjoyable all the same! The story line wasn't fantastic and I found it a bit boring of how they had to keep fighting these boring monsters constantly so it lacked action as a whole. However saying this, Nick di Angelo is a really interesting character and I like his dark side in this book. The parts with Luke and Kronos were great to read and very tense which kept the book going. The love triangle with Percy, Rachel and Annabeth is great considering their age now and Tyson is still adorable! Grover finally found Pan which was brilliant but I think the book should have included Thalia because she is a main character and I love her!

Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan (Paperback - 4 July 2013)