5.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth
So, having made an enemy of a son of Hades last Christmas, Percy Jackson must be hoping that the new year is a lot better than the last, right?

Published on 18 Sep 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
I would say this series did not stand out on the pages for me; very well written and the storyline does not get boring.
Published 8 months ago by Elliott Brookes

5.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth, 18 Sep 2009

Well, if he is, he's a fool. A game of capture the flag leads to the discovery of an entrance to the mythical Labyrinth, and thus a back-door entrance into camp. Which certain enemies, like say Kronos, Lord of Time and King of the Titans, may use to destroy the camp.

And so, another adventure begins for Percy and his friends, who must delve into this maze of wonders, terrors, monsters, friends, foes, and everything else inbetween. Including a monster who really needs to up her personal hygene levels and a friend who has more arms than you can count.

In this, the penultimate volume of the series, Riordan neatly sets up his dominoes, while also making the story fun, exciting, and compelling to read. Like the rest of the series to date, you won't be able to put this book down (which I learned the hard way).

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavens to Percy!, 3 Jun 2008
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is book four of the Percy Jackson series, with only one more installment to come. Readers from around ten years old will be thrilled by the adventures of the teenaged hero who just happens to be the son of Poseidon, God of the Sea, and all his friends, most of whom are the children of the Olympians from Greek Mythology.

In my opinion, it would be better if you read the series in order, and the three previous books are:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1)
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2)
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 3)

In "The Battle of the Labyrinth", Percy and three friends set off on a quest through the treacherous labyrinth, in search of the inventor Daedalus, hoping that he will help them to defeat the army being assembled by Luke, son of Hermes. The thing is - Luke is just the messenger, and the evil he's about to unleash can bring down Olympus itself.

Although still clueless about girls and relationships, Percy starts developing and unleashing his powers, and surprises even himself when he attempts to repeat Hercules' great stable cleansing project. Other demi-gods also come into their own in book four, and a mortal girl proves to be just the ticket, and in the nick of time too. In a related sub-story, the search for Pan reaches an exhilarating climax.

Packed with monsters of all persuasions, gods and demi-gods, rescues, battles and side trips to Alcatraz and Mount St. Helens, this is by far the most exciting book of the series so far.

Amazingly imaginative, thrilling and funny, this series by Rick Riordan continues to be a front runner in children's fiction, and I recommend it without reservation.

Amanda Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, 17 Jun 2012
"If you've never been charged by an enthusiastic Cyclops wearing a flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves, I'm telling you, it'll wake you up quick."

I'm going to start of by saying you would never, ever find me in the Labyrinth. That things sound scary. Not so much the monsters you encounter, but the fact it's forever changing and alive in some ways.

I absolutely love this series and this book definitely did not disappoint.

I thought I'd completely called a twist after a certain dream scene of Percys and was all chuffed with myself then was absolutely gobsmacked when the actual twist turned out to be even more impressive.

Riordan is just a brilliant writer. Even in pretty dire situations he seems to find a way to bring humour into it without taking away from the seriousness of the situation! I was also really glad we got to see Rachel Elizabeth Dare again. I mean, we only met her very, very briefly in the last book but I had a feeling we'd be seeing her again and I'm glad it was so soon and in such a big way!

One thing I could of done without was the nearly superficial love triangle that Percy found himself in. I mean, him and Annabeth had enough problems getting together with Luke and mass drama of nearly dying every page without another problem but it worked weirdly enough in the end.

I finished this book to only go straight onto the next. I just couldn't wait to find out what happened!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting follow up!, 7 Mar 2012
I ordered this Percy Jackson book when my library's copy was taken out from right under my nose.
Percy and all his friends our back, the book is exciting. The ride will have you gripping your seat in anticipation.
Percy and Annabeth are cornered by some scorpions and to escape they hide in a cave inside Zeus's fist, the giant pile of boulders in the woods at Camp Half-Blood. When they emerge Annabeth realises they have found the entrance to the mystical labyrinth of Daedalus of Crete.
With Grover and Tyson, they embark on a journey to save the camp from Titan invasion while Grover continues his search for Pan, the god of the wild.
One unfriendly brother, a herd of flesh-eating horses, a set of wings and a long journey later, Percy prepares to defend the camp.
Read and enjoy, I would recommend this book for 10-15 years of ages! Older or younger people may like them but I think this is just right! :-)
Hope this was helpful!
Jessica

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect mix of constant action as well as family/friend relationships, 17 Nov 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth (Paperback)
Original thought 4/8/12: I am yet to be disappointed in this series; in fact it just seems to be getting better and better!

Being the penultimate book in the Percy Jackson series I want to start by saying that I love how strong this series has been right from the start, because it has never failed to impress me.

This book in particular is one of my favourites because it has the perfect mix of constant action as well as family/friend relationships that simply brighten my day. Percabeth seems to be finally happening and if that isn’t enough reason for 5 stars… Annabeth seems to still be hung up on Luke though which has always been infuriating to me and Percy has good reason to get annoyed with it as well (even if he’s a boy about it and doesn’t get why he's even annoyed).

The gang is back together after they were apart for the majority of the previous book The Titan’s Curse, along with Rachel who is not the pain-in-the-ass character only there to form a love triangle that people expected her to be; and the importance she has in the story, and will come to have, is really interesting.

All the characters have visibly matured from the first book up to this point, but Percy in particular still has his signature snarky voice and I’m so glad that the grave circumstances never took that away.

The situation with the impending prophecy definitely adds a more serious tone to this book, like it did with the last and the mysterious labyrinth only added to this unease. I can’t wait to continue on to the last book which I seem to remember does not disappoint.

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok.....this is the best book ever., 21 Mar 2010
A Kid's Review
Percy Jackson is a fun, modern but creative and action pack series for kids. It is my favourite book and i have read them all.

It won childrens book of the year 2009 and was very popular, so popular they made a film of the first one: Percy Jackson and the Lightning theif.

Percy jackson and the Lightning theif (1st)
Percy jackson and the Sea of Monsters (2nd)
Percy jackson and the Titans curse (3rd)
Percy jackson and the battle of the labyrinth(4th)
Percy jackson and the Last olympian (5th)

But there are more coming out, like Percy jackson and the red pyramid and Percy jackson and the sword of Hades.

The Battle of the labyrinth is about our heros, Percy, annabeth, Tyson and Grover must try and find Daedalus, who is the creator of the labyrinth. But dangers are lurking and exciting surprises are waiting.

The lost god speaks!
Kronos rises!
Battle of the Labyrinth explodes into Camp half Blood!

4.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth, 10 Sep 2014
Not as good as the previous books in this series but enjoyable all the same! The story line wasn't fantastic and I found it a bit boring of how they had to keep fighting these boring monsters constantly so it lacked action as a whole. However saying this, Nick di Angelo is a really interesting character and I like his dark side in this book. The parts with Luke and Kronos were great to read and very tense which kept the book going. The love triangle with Percy, Rachel and Annabeth is great considering their age now and Tyson is still adorable! Grover finally found Pan which was brilliant but I think the book should have included Thalia because she is a main character and I love her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 14 Oct 2009
V. Sutton (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my 11 year old daughter. She loved it, so both my husband and I read it. After that, we all read the rest of the books in the series. These are some of the best books we have read in a long while. Lots of action, but with a great storyline too.

We have been recommending these to anyone with a child between 11 and 15, and probably everyone else as well!

The only sad thing is that there are no more to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of'The Battle of the Labyrinth', 22 July 2008
David Lobley "DL65" (kent , england) - See all my reviews
review of 'the battle of the labyrinth'

this book was really good and a great laugh !
this book is the fourth in the series and i advise you to read the other books first.
it is about percy ,the son of the greek god posiedon,and his friends entering the labyrinth in search of someone who can help them in their quest!
All in all i recommend this book to readers of ages 9-12
hope you enjoy the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and Better!!!!!!, 18 Feb 2009
A Kid's Review
I've read the first three Percy Jackson books and this one is definitely the best. It has a brilliant twist to the end to continue to the next book. There's non stop action it's funny thrilling and action packed all the way through. I would definitely recommend this but read the first three to know how the characters came into the story and to know how the story came to the fourth book.

Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan (Paperback - 4 July 2013)