5.0 out of 5 stars Mia's review age 9
This is the best book ever because it is all about a little girl who goes on loads
of adventures with the B F G [the big friendly giant], and the adventures are really imaginative.

If I were you I...
Published on 28 Jan 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book; Kindle Edition could be better.
I'll leave comments on Dahl's fantastic story to others, but I will comment on the Kindle edition.

The good: The pictures are well presented and clear.

Published on 10 May 2011 by T. J. Aidley

5.0 out of 5 stars Mia's review age 9, 28 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review

still read the book over and over again [ thats how good it is].

If I were you I would definitely buy this book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BFG on tape - simply marvellous!, 4 Oct 2001
I bought this tape for my 5 year old son who is(or rather was) afraid of the dark.
He now rushes upstairs to his room, dives under the duvet all the while shouting "put the tape on, put the tape on Mummy" and so I do leaving him happily in the world of the dream blowing giant.
Who better to send you off to sleep than Sophie and the BFG having their bone crunching giant adventures! I admit that after bed-time I hear peals of laughter at the snozzcumbers and other such magical notions in this story, but I can't think of a lovelier way to enjoy it.
The BFG is written with such warmth and humour that listeners of all ages will just love to sit back, close their eyes and enter the realm of troggle humping giants who like to guzzle and swallomp human beans of the chiddler variety!
This is a wonderful gift for any child and quite a God-send for many parents too.
We now have James and the Giant Peach, the Magic Finger and Fantastic Mr Fox on tape too. Bed times will never be the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mia's review age 9, 28 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review

still read the book over and over again [ thats how good it is].

If I were you I would definitely buy this book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best!, 23 Jan 2006
J. K. Marie "daisywooks" (Scottish Borders) - See all my reviews
My kids regularly listen to audio books in the car on school run etc. This is one of the best. My 7 and 9 year old love it and their 39 year old mum loves it too!!
Its v funny dialogue and not just someone reading from the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Listening, 30 Dec 2005
Boo (Chicago, Il) - See all my reviews
Great story with exciting narration. My 8 year old couldn't stop listening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Fantasy For All, 14 Jun 2005
By A Customer
When poor little Sophie gets kidnapped by the BFG and transported to a Land of far more awesome giants than the one who holds her captive, it initiates a roller coaster feast of fun and fantasy.

Behold the terrible Bloodbottler, a cannibalistic giant who towers over the more puny BFG, who appears far less B and decidely more F in comparison.

Enjoy deciphering the language of the Giants as they "jabbel" on about "snozzcumbers" and "human beans" in their own original Dahlesque vernacular.

One thing's for sure: once read, this book is not easily forgotten- and will remain in your memory as one of those childhood experiences that will stay with you as long as you live.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book; Kindle Edition could be better., 10 May 2011
T. J. Aidley - See all my reviews
This review is from: The BFG (Kindle Edition)

The good: The pictures are well presented and clear.

The bad: There are quite a lot of errors in the text. Pretty much every chapter has a word or two that has been incorrectly entered. It's not enough to spoil one's enjoyment of the book but it is annoying that having paid at least much as a paper version would cost you end up with a sloppily prepared copy.

Also, the chapters are not marked ( there is no table of contents ), and there is no cover picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Ears meets the Queen, 28 Feb 2010
OEJ - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The BFG (Paperback)
The Big Friendly Giant - or BFG - was written in 1982 when the author was 66 years old. It is of course a story for children and in my case their ages are ten and seven. I had been reading this out loud as a bedtime story so I know it as well as any!

A little girl is taken from her orphanage by a twenty-four foot giant in the middle of the night and taken to his cave a long, long way away, where several other giants live. Fortunately the girl was taken by the only friendly giant of the group, all of whom are much taller than the BFG and have a penchant for eating children. Sophie is most upset to hear all this, and after making friends with her own particular giant devises a plan on how to put a stop to the terrible cannibalism. That plan includes asking the Queen for help....

This is an amusing, mesmerising and above all entertaining story that kept my children rapt with attention at all times, although my younger daughter tended to fall asleep rather quickly - but then, that was the whole idea! The images portrayed are just ideal for children of primary school age, filling them with wonder and a little bit of fear, but not too much. I enjoyed doing all the different voices, to add a little something for their benefit, and although some of the concepts might sound a little too adult for younger ears - such as eating children - it was written with just the right amount of scariness to make them think but not give them nightmares - something the BFG, within the story itself, is more than adept at doing.

I'm not always an ardent fan of Roald Dahl, but after reading this and George's Marvellous Medicine recently, I feel that here are two colourful stories of his that might stay in the memory for all the right reasons. My children liked The BFG a lot and so did I.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BFG, 1 Sep 2009
L. Hopper "the barron" (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
I just love this book! I picked it up while on holiday with my 8 year old niece. But as she was reading it at the time I couldn't have access to when I wanted. I didn't flumwaddle a minute more and ordered it from Amazon.
Why I haven't read it before I don't know. I'm 53!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 30 Jan 2007
Kimmy Bob (Glasgow, Scotland =D) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The BFG (Hardcover)
This book is a golden phizzwizard! You'll never be able to put it down!

One night a little girl called Sophie is snatched out of her bed by the big friendly giant (BFG).She is taken to giant land and cared by the BFG. There are other giants but they are big ugly brutes. They eat humans so Sophie and the BFG want to stop them. Find out what happens in the fantastic funny adventure book.

I think this book is excellent!! It's got 'excellent' written all over it! It is humourous and a winksquiffler story! I give this book a rating of 8.75/10! So what are you WAITING FOR!? READ THE BFG!!!

The BFG
The BFG by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 7 Feb 2013)
3.85