5.0 out of 5 stars The Bestest book ever!
Published on 26 Mar 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars The real
It was a good book
Really good hope people will enjoys this ama Buffy church chugging by Hugh and B-).
Published 9 months ago by Amber Millward

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bestest book ever!, 26 Mar 2006
By A Customer
I remember my first year of primary school, my teacher read the class this book. After that i was hooked i went out and got my parents to buy me the book as soon as my teacher read the last few pages! Now being 17 im still fascinated at how thrilling and outrageous the book is but everytime i read it, it has me hooked till the last page. i recommend this book to any adult that has children or just to the adults themselves!

4.0 out of 5 stars My class read studied this and here's what one pupil thought..., 10 Nov 2009
G. McIntyre - See all my reviews
George's marvellous medicine book review.

George is a thrilling, wonderful boy who had to put up with a grumpy, old, lazy Grandma who always bosses him about.
He then had an amazing idea so he could get his own back!
He decided to make a marvellous medicine and it worked, but very weirdly!
Suddenly the old, lazy Grandma started screaming and steam came out of her waxy ears and then she shot up like a rocket into the air!
No wonder that happened after what George had put in.
He put in shampoo to pig pills, and nit cream to shoe polish!
Mr. Kranky is George's dad and he is sometimes off his head unlike his mum Mrs Kranky. She is quite strict but sometimes fun!
I think this story is a very fun one so I give it...
4 Stars

Molly

4.0 out of 5 stars A big fan of Roald Dahl, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: George's Marvellous Medicine (Paperback)
My Granny Richards read George's Marvellous Medicine to me when I was seven and I really liked it. I enjoyed it even more when we read it in class when I was nine-years-old. My favourite part was when George made the medicine with awful ingredients like slugs, snails, paint, animal pills, medicine, toothpaste, shampoo and all sorts of other disgusting, foul liquids. I used to make potions too when I was younger, and I got some great ideas from George on how to improve my magic potions (which I would make at night when I should have been in bed!).

The funniest drawing in the book is on page 87 when George gave a chicken the marvellous medicine which caused the chicken's neck to grow longer and longer and even longer. It looked very funny.

I've read many Roald Dahl books, and I liked this one but not as much as Fantastic Mr Fox (my favourite).

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for 6 to 8 year old children by Olivia aged 8 and half, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: George's Marvellous Medicine (Paperback)
We read George's Marvellous Medicine in class with our teacher and it was very funny! George made a marvellous medicine for Grandma because she was mean, unkind, nasty and because she said yucky things to George. She was very bossy with George. George put all sorts of crazy things in his medicine like animal pills, nail varnish and brown shoe polish. When George gave Grandma the medicine, all sorts of weird things started to happen! When George's father came back home he couldn't believe his eyes about what had happen to Grandma and he was shocked! I loved this story because it was exciting and it made me laugh when George's father, Mr Cranky said "shut up grandma". I'm glad I don't have a granny like George! My grannies are the best and not like George's Grandma! I would recommend this book to all children aged 6 to 8 years old because it will make them laugh!!!!! I think children would like to read other books by Roald Dahl like The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me; and the BFG because they are very silly stories!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bubbly Medicine for Bedtime, 15 Oct 2012
I. A. Eaton (uk) - See all my reviews
"George's Marvellous Medicine" by Roald Dahl .The number 1 storyteller!
Roald Dahl has written lots of books in his career and this is a children's favorite.
I read this book because someone told me it was a best seller. After I looked on Amazon, read all the reviews and I started to get more interested.
Surprise! It was my 10th birthday and a friend gave the book to me as birthday present.

FABULOUS!

It was about a boy called George who was very clever and had astonishing creative skills. His Grandma was a mean old grumbler, so for a punishment he decided to put his skills to the test and to make his own medicine! Literally sending grizzly Grandma through the roof! George made a thick, gooey, brown, bubbly liquid. (Medicine) which he gave Grandma on a spoon.
This book was inspiring and creative and will capture the imagination of any child who reads this book. It will make you laugh and it will send you off to bed in a good and happy mood!

It was a brilliant read couldn't put the book down!

4.0 out of 5 stars The marvellous book, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: George's Marvellous Medicine (Paperback)
George is an 8 year old kid who lives on a farm with his mother and father.One day his mother went shopping and his grouchy grandmother was supposed to keep an eye on him.The grandmother needs to take a medicine at 11 o'clock,George thinks his grandmother is creepy so he prepares a false medicine.Once she takes the medicine she has steam coming out of her mouth and she grows very tall.

I liked this book because it was interesting, funny and completely insane.
I would recommend this book to new readers.

By Alessio Mazza

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: George's Marvellous Medicine (Paperback)
This book is about George who is 8 years old. He has a nasty, horrible Grandma. Grandma always wants George to eat mountains of cabbage 3 times a day with slugs, worms and caterpillars, but George is very afraid. Then George has a good idea, he's going to make some magic medicine to get rid of Grandma.
I really liked it when Grandma became gigantic and crashed through the roof. It was also pretty funny when George's father told Grandma to shut up. If I were George I would just go to the store and buy a catapult and blast her off to the sky. That would be a good revenge.
I would recommend this book to any of my good friends because the book was really really super and it was really really funny.

4.0 out of 5 stars A taste of her own medicine!, 18 Oct 2012
I'm in year 7 and I borrowed this book from our school library.

THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! It is about a young boy called George. He lives with his mom and his dad and his grandma. It all started one day when his mom left the house. George's grandma is always nasty to him but one day George decided to do something about it. This book is an amazing book to read; it has everything like comedy, fun and laughter. This book is very good to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the best!, 15 Jun 2011
The story is thrilling. When I see Grandma I'm shocked. My sister is a bit scared when she sees Grandma. She hides behind the couch and she weeps. Grandma has to have her medicine at 11 o'clock. Grandma makes George do everything at home but when George's mum and Dad are there she doesn't do this. George makes four sorts of medicine. One is when you grow up, two is where you get long legs, three a long neck and four is to shrink.

5.0 out of 5 stars watch out granny, 16 Jun 2001
By A Customer
this book was really funny and humourous,especially when george was sent to get grannys medicine and he decided to make his very own special medicine.And it was so funny what happened to grandma.My eyes were glued to this book like the telly i actually read it in three days this book was just absolutely marvellous especially hi medicine.All of Roald Dalhs books are excellent.

George's Marvellous Medicine
George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 7 Feb 2013)
4.79