George's marvellous medicine book review.

George is a thrilling, wonderful boy who had to put up with a grumpy, old, lazy Grandma who always bosses him about.
He then had an amazing idea so he could get his own back!
He decided to make a marvellous medicine and it worked, but very weirdly!
Suddenly the old, lazy Grandma started screaming and...
Published on 10 Nov. 2009 by G. McIntyre

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good than usual
I usually liked his story. However, this one is different and not good as it contains animal harm such as testing and the idea of bad production for business (=selling animal for food). Maybe because I am a vegan but if I had a child or if I want to read some books for children, it would not be possible.
Published 5 months ago by Rika K

4.0 out of 5 stars My class read studied this and here's what one pupil thought..., 10 Nov. 2009
G. McIntyre - See all my reviews
George's marvellous medicine book review.

He then had an amazing idea so he could get his own back!
He decided to make a marvellous medicine and it worked, but very weirdly!
Suddenly the old, lazy Grandma started screaming and steam came out of her waxy ears and then she shot up like a rocket into the air!
No wonder that happened after what George had put in.
He put in shampoo to pig pills, and nit cream to shoe polish!
Mr. Kranky is George's dad and he is sometimes off his head unlike his mum Mrs Kranky. She is quite strict but sometimes fun!
I think this story is a very fun one so I give it...
4 Stars

Molly

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bestest book ever!, 26 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
I remember my first year of primary school, my teacher read the class this book. After that i was hooked i went out and got my parents to buy me the book as soon as my teacher read the last few pages! Now being 17 im still fascinated at how thrilling and outrageous the book is but everytime i read it, it has me hooked till the last page. i recommend this book to any adult that has children or just to the adults themselves!

4.0 out of 5 stars A big fan of Roald Dahl, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: George's Marvellous Medicine (Paperback)
My Granny Richards read George's Marvellous Medicine to me when I was seven and I really liked it. I enjoyed it even more when we read it in class when I was nine-years-old. My favourite part was when George made the medicine with awful ingredients like slugs, snails, paint, animal pills, medicine, toothpaste, shampoo and all sorts of other disgusting, foul liquids. I used to make potions too when I was younger, and I got some great ideas from George on how to improve my magic potions (which I would make at night when I should have been in bed!).

The funniest drawing in the book is on page 87 when George gave a chicken the marvellous medicine which caused the chicken's neck to grow longer and longer and even longer. It looked very funny.

I've read many Roald Dahl books, and I liked this one but not as much as Fantastic Mr Fox (my favourite).

5.0 out of 5 stars Bubbly Medicine for Bedtime, 15 Oct. 2012
I. A. Eaton (uk) - See all my reviews
"George's Marvellous Medicine" by Roald Dahl .The number 1 storyteller!
Roald Dahl has written lots of books in his career and this is a children's favorite.
I read this book because someone told me it was a best seller. After I looked on Amazon, read all the reviews and I started to get more interested.
Surprise! It was my 10th birthday and a friend gave the book to me as birthday present.

FABULOUS!

It was about a boy called George who was very clever and had astonishing creative skills. His Grandma was a mean old grumbler, so for a punishment he decided to put his skills to the test and to make his own medicine! Literally sending grizzly Grandma through the roof! George made a thick, gooey, brown, bubbly liquid. (Medicine) which he gave Grandma on a spoon.
This book was inspiring and creative and will capture the imagination of any child who reads this book. It will make you laugh and it will send you off to bed in a good and happy mood!

It was a brilliant read couldn't put the book down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: George's Marvellous Medicine (Paperback)
This book is about George who is 8 years old. He has a nasty, horrible Grandma. Grandma always wants George to eat mountains of cabbage 3 times a day with slugs, worms and caterpillars, but George is very afraid. Then George has a good idea, he's going to make some magic medicine to get rid of Grandma.
I really liked it when Grandma became gigantic and crashed through the roof. It was also pretty funny when George's father told Grandma to shut up. If I were George I would just go to the store and buy a catapult and blast her off to the sky. That would be a good revenge.
I would recommend this book to any of my good friends because the book was really really super and it was really really funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tatiana's and review of George's Marvellous Medecine, 24 Feb. 2014
George 's marvellous medecine is very interesting and George has lots of character. That old grandma who is dozing in her chair by the window opened one wicked little eye. The medicine that George made by throwing lots of yucky things in a pot made that old grandma grow and pop out of the roof .George made the medicine because he had enough of that old grandma who told him what to do. The book was written by Roald Dahl and I like his books very much. I think that you should buy the book because it is very good your children would love it.It's for children who have lots of imagination and like doing naughty things. By Tatti

I first heard the story of George's Marvellous medicine on a CD and really enjoyed it. Our English teacher gave it to us to read in class and I thought it would be fun and enjoyable to read. George's mummy went shopping in the village and told George not to forget to give grandma her medicine. George decided to make his own medicine because he didn't like his grandma. His grandma was not a nice person and she was very bossy and grumpy with George. George wanted to make a potion to sort her out. He put a whole bunch of things like make up,washing up liquid, and animal pills. He mixes it all together and gives it to his granny. The grumpy old granny drinks the potion and she starts to grow HUGE and BIGGER and BIGGER until she SHOOTS through the roof. By George

4.0 out of 5 stars The marvellous book, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: George's Marvellous Medicine (Paperback)
George is an 8 year old kid who lives on a farm with his mother and father.One day his mother went shopping and his grouchy grandmother was supposed to keep an eye on him.The grandmother needs to take a medicine at 11 o'clock,George thinks his grandmother is creepy so he prepares a false medicine.Once she takes the medicine she has steam coming out of her mouth and she grows very tall.

I liked this book because it was interesting, funny and completely insane.
I would recommend this book to new readers.

By Alessio Mazza

4.0 out of 5 stars What a potion, 28 Jan. 2010
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having not long ago read The Fantastic Mr Fox as a bedroom story, by the same author of course, I have no hesitation in saying that I think this is a lot better. It had all of us laughing, and the illustrations by Quentin Blake added to the entertainment.

Little George makes a very strange 'medicine' for his nagging grandmother, adding all manner of household fluids, creams and polishes from around the house and garden shed, and the results are hilarious. Living on a farm, he then tries his potion on some of the farmyard animals with equally astonishing results. When his father finds out, instead of being annoyed he is delighted to see that George may have found a cure for the world food shortage and encourages George to make some more - with unexpected results.

I wasn't happy to see anti-freeze among the ingredients, as that could lead to disaster should a young reader try it out in real life, but that aside it was a very amusing story that entertained from start to finish. An excellent bedtime story for young children.

4.0 out of 5 stars A taste of her own medicine!, 18 Oct. 2012
I'm in year 7 and I borrowed this book from our school library.

THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! It is about a young boy called George. He lives with his mom and his dad and his grandma. It all started one day when his mom left the house. George's grandma is always nasty to him but one day George decided to do something about it. This book is an amazing book to read; it has everything like comedy, fun and laughter. This book is very good to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the best!, 15 Jun. 2011
The story is thrilling. When I see Grandma I'm shocked. My sister is a bit scared when she sees Grandma. She hides behind the couch and she weeps. Grandma has to have her medicine at 11 o'clock. Grandma makes George do everything at home but when George's mum and Dad are there she doesn't do this. George makes four sorts of medicine. One is when you grow up, two is where you get long legs, three a long neck and four is to shrink.

George's Marvellous Medicine
George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 7 Feb. 2013)