5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - the baby catalogue
When we were given this book by our neighbour we were surprised that there was no written story to it, but its a fantastic book and it gets you talking with your child. our little one is coming up for 20 months and hasn't put this down for the last 12 months! So many objects/situations/colours/animals and move of all babies, children and mummy's and daddy's - you just...
Published on 29 Nov 2009 by H. Smart

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book but....
The illustrations are lovely but for my 14 month old, it's a bit confusing for him, maybe a better book for when he's a bit older.
Published 4 months ago by maria riley

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, 29 Oct 2010
This book is a classic. I have bought many copies over the years and it never fails to delight

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 14 Jun 2010
J. Scott "mystery reader" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Baby's Catalogue (Board book)
My daughter loved this book so much she wore her copy out. I bought this one for a friend's baby and it was great so see the familiar illustrations again. This is a beautiful picture book that tells the story of a day in the life of five different families. The pictures are full of familiar objects and a good starting point for discussions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for new parents, 11 Nov 2009
I love this book. The concept is novel - just pages of things a baby would come across - Mums, Dads, lunches, pets, accidents......and I'm no child psychologist but I think children like the way the lists are organised, and the repetition of the themes. Like 'Peepo' it is full of lovely detail and done with such amazing affection for family life. Makes you feel all cosy and the items feel familiar, even if your mother hardly ever made a homemade cake for tea. Children love looking at the pictures and talking about them and i like to give it to people who've just had a baby, especially if there is an older sibling who can look at it too. Having said this, I think it would appeal to any adult without children as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Less than expected, 1 July 2014
This review is from: The Baby's Catalogue (Board book)
Not sure why but I expected more from this. My 8 month old doesnt seem that interested in this particular book. Perhaps when he's older...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to engage your child's full attention, 23 Jun 2014
Carla Enrici (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Baby's Catalogue (Board book)
We have had this book for almost 5 years, 3 kids later it still stirs the most attention by far. This has been all of my kids favourite. Every page has so many pics to talk about. One comment I received from a parent in church was "my 3 year old has never looked at a book for so long".
I purchased this book as my daughters speech was,nt on par with her friends & this book was a great tool to cuddle together & talk talk & talk! Very clever book

5.0 out of 5 stars prefect condition, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Baby's Catalogue (Board book)
Prefect condition and we still enjoy it a few years on. More of a words and pictures book rather than a story book but a great learning tool and my little ones loved it.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book but...., 7 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars The Baby's Catalogue, 4 Mar 2014
Lovely book full of pictures which I talk about with my toddler. We Breastfeed and baby wear so it's nice to show him pics which relate to our family. Old fashioned but delightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life with a tot, 24 Feb 2014
Ruth Kent - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Baby's Catalogue (Board book)
This book is sheer magic. My three under-fives all loved it, and now they are three under-thirty-fives, they still love it and have happy memories of enjoying it as children. It is fantastically well-observed and is full of a dry humour which is irresistable to the loving but exhausted parent!
As for the comments that people's toddlers are copying the book...isn't it the other way round? Little ones do all these things whether they've seen The Baby's Catalogue or not. That's how they learn, and why parenting is exhausting (but fun).

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best Mummy-and-Toddler pointing book!, 29 Jan 2014
I buy this for all my friends when their babies turn two-ish, it was my own children's favourite and such a lovely time to spend with your kids pointing and learning.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Baby's Catalogue
The Baby's Catalogue by Allan Ahlberg (Board book - 7 Jun 2012)
5.24