5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious - A Book To Share
Published on 10 Nov 2010 by Sir Furboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good
THIS BOOK WAS QUITE GOOD AND I REALLY ENJOYED IT. MY FAVE PART WAS JORDAN JURY'S
BLOWOUT PARTY WHERE HE MAKES ALL THE LITTLE KIDS HIS SERVANTS
Published 2 months ago by Charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious - A Book To Share, 10 Nov 2010
Sir Furboy (Aberystwyth, UK) - See all my reviews
I eagerly anticipated this latest book in the Wimpy kid series. Greg is getting older now, and he is beginning to be confronted by the ugly truth about life. He has fallen out with Rowley, who has grown taller and sports his first zit like a badge of manhood. There is an uncle's annual wedding to go to, and in between are all the adventures that any middle school kid would get up to (I think he is about year 8 in UK terms).

These books are hilarious. The text is understated, written like a somewhat egocentric school kid might write, but the text is offset beautifully by the cartoons, and had me laughing out loud as I read the book.

I was lucky, because Amazon delivered this book a little early. I am not sure why, but already I have read it, my daughter has read it and today it went in to school to be shared with the rest of her class. This book is too good to keep to yourself, and an easy enough read that any child or young adult will have no problems getting in to it.

Thoroughly recommended. I would not suggest it as a Christmas present though - if my daughter's class is anything to go by, they will have all read it by December.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 16 May 2011
P. Lomax - See all my reviews
Managed to keep my nine-year-old nephew entertained on a six hour journey to cornwall with this excellent book. Lovely to hear him chuckling in the back - we took it in turns to read and I found myself laughing along too! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ugly Review, 12 May 2011
A review by Toby Head

This book is about kid in sixth grade called Greg Heffley who has a best friend called Rowley Jefferson .This Diary of a Wimpy Kid book is easy to get stuck into, you will need to get and read the other books before this one though.

This book includes all the naughty and fun things he gets up to. Greg also talks about his older brother,mum and dad,grandparents,classmates and teachers.Lucky for them this diary is secret as they really wouldn't want to know what Greg really thinks of them.

The book is written in the form of a diary and is divided into days and months,with lots of funny sketches to keep it interesting. There are 217 pages for you to laugh out loud. At the end there are fun quizzes to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars my son loved it!, 13 Dec 2010
My ten year old son is a reluctant reader but he's loved the whole Wimpy Kid series. I bought book 4 and 5 for his birthday and he finished them both in a couple of weeks and really enjoyed reading them. I haven't read them myself but just seeing him enjoying them is good enough for me. I think he enjoyed the fact that the book wasn't covered in small print but had a few drawings in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars truth, 9 Dec 2010
is the newest one and to complete the set for my 12 years old, who he love to read good book again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid, 7 Dec 2010
I bought this for my grandsons birthday, he can't get enough of them. From a child who we really had to push to practice his reading we can't get him to stop since he discovered 'The Diaries'. Perfect for the 8 - 11 age range.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 5th fantastic book in a brilliant series, 7 Dec 2010
My 9 year old son absolutely loves this series of books - he is a very good reader but finds books suitable for his ability uninteresting to read. This series of books are full of 'boy humour' - he thinks they are very funny and he rereads them regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a wimpy kid 5, 12 Nov 2010
A Kid's Review
This has to be Gregs most eventfull Diary yet. This book made me laugh about 10000 times. Greg must cope with puberty, girls, a new responsibility at home and a night locked in school with girls, boys and the worst...... teachers. Will Greg cope with puberty and will he ever make up with Rowley? Find out out in Diary of a wimpy kid The ugly truth. You must get this brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Jan 2013
This is a great book, thoroughly enjoyable for everybody. Absolutely Fabulous for everyone to read although a wee bit fast. I read it in three days an thats all!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Jan 2013
Best book I have ever read it was great fun to read I hope Jeff Kinney brings more and more out .

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (Book 5)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (Book 5) by Jeff Kinney (Paperback - 1 Feb 2012)
3.50