Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 June 2015
Very popular with my 3 year old. She loves looking at all the letters etc. She'll be able to appreciate the level of detail more when she is older. I would definitely recommend this book.
on 19 June 2010
Super little book for reading at Christmas to set the scene. The little inserts really add to the pleasure of reading this book and children and adults alike will enjoy together I`m sure.
on 13 June 2015
Bought this for my daughter as a Christmas present. But couldn't resist opening it to have a peek. It was exactly the same as the one I had as a child. came in perfect condition.
on 14 April 2015
Fabulous book. I had this book for my daughters, and have now bought it for my granddaughters. Is wonderful, colourful and interactive. Highly recommend.
on 19 November 2015
Bought this book to give to my older kids to read to there 3 yr old brother. On Christmas Eve night. Loved the book when I was younger. Hope they do x
on 6 October 2010
I originally got this second Jolly Postman book when I was about 7, from the school book club, and still have it (I'm now 26!). It is just one of those books that's worth hanging onto.
Another peek into the fairytale characters' lives, this time through their Christmas post. More surprises inside each of the envelopes, and another special one at the end of the book.
The illustrations are lovely as in all of the Ahlbergs' books, simple but clever with lots of hidden things to search for in each picture.
Great book.
on 2 November 2015
I had thought this book would have suited my 6 and 8 year olds, however I think this would be suited to children younger than this, approx 3-5. I expected some letters in the envelopes, which were all just slits in the top of 2 pages stuck together, unless I'm mistaken I remember the original book to have more inventive 'envelopes' and folded letters to read. That said, younger children will definitely love this book, there are Christmas cards and even a little puzzle to do. Much cheaper than other retailers too.
on 13 November 2012
The Jolly Christmas Postman is, rightly, regarded as a classic childrens book.

It's probably best read to very little ones, and the letters and bits and pieces taken out and shown by adult hands or they'll easily get lost/ripped.

Once they are a bit older though, it's lovely for them to explore on their own (or let them read to you for a change).

Beautiful illustrations as well and lots of detail to amuse the adults too.

Perfect for reading in the run-up to Christmas.
on 22 August 2010
I LOVED this book as a child! The drawings were lovely and the letters and such kept me amused for a long time, until I lost them though haha.
on 8 May 2015
What a great book. Love reading this with my 6 year old and she loves the interactiveness of getting the letters out. definitely reccommend