‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, stunning, unforgettable!, 13 Nov 2013
Book Passion for Life (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Paperback)
Starting 8 months after Prodigy finished, we see June working as a Princeps Elect and learning the political side to the war, and then we see Day receiving a high level military position. June and Day haven't seen each other in months, but soon they are reunited when the Elector informs them that a new plague has broken out and the Republic are being blamed. The only way the Colonies will not start another war with them, is if they come up with a cure, but the cure the Republic may have, may lie with Day's brother Eden. But will Day give up his brother so others may live?

I don't even know where to start telling you how much I completely adore this series, it's definitely one of my favourites and as a writer Marie Lu continues to deliver epic work. Champion was a book for that gave me so many conflicting feelings before I even started reading. I was dreading it because I was so nervous about how it would end, and of course I was excited because I couldn't wait to see how it ends - see the conflicting feelings? Well, let me tell you that Marie Lu held my heart in her hands from the moment I started reading, and she didn't let go until the end!

Marie Lu really did pull out the stops with Champion - if you like mind-blowing, non-stop action, then this is for you. She doesn't leave one dull moment, if it's not the action keeping you glued to this book then, it's your emotions pulling you in every different direction. The plot of the story increased a lot in Prodigy, and it only increases again in Champion. There's so many different factors in this book that had to all come together and I believe it was done so well. Marie Lu's imagination really has no limits - she really does have a creative mind.

June and Day have really grown as characters - they're independent, selfless and strong characters - ones that have the fate of the world on their shoulder and who constantly sacrifice their own happiness for the rest of the world. June and Day's voice work so well together during this series, that reading the dual point of view really was a pleasure to read. Their love for one another is truly touching, it's one that completely consumes you and leaves you a bundle of nerves. All the odds are against them as a couple - even more so when Day's illness was introduced in Prodigy - but Marie Lu doesn't leave her readers disappointed. She doesn't make their story easy, but it's one that's worth fighting for.

And ending, the ending that you all want to know about? Well, that ending left my heart completely and utterly bursting from the seams! Champion truly is a spectacular and stunning conclusion and it's one I won't be forgetting any time soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spine tingling. Heartwarming. Fun., 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
The ending was a beautiful blossom of home in can only imagine the possibilities it will bring for June and Daniel. I love this series and the story's of tragedy,loss,hope and love will stay with me forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
Thrilling, shocking, Cliffhangers at every corner and romance. A must read for me. I recommend it to anyone who wants to read dystopian books!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ending to a brilliant trilogy, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
After waiting for ages to get my hands on this book I'm pleased to say I wasn't disappointed. Marie Lu delivered the storyline incredibly, making the plot even more memorable and time worthy. There was never a dull moment in this book, and the whole trilogy alike, I'm sad to see the series end here, because all though the epilogue was the cherry on top of the story, I would still love to see a spin off into the future maybe, as I was left with a lot of unanswered questions. However, overall a great read and I would highly recommend it to dystopian lovers and obviously anyone who is finishing the series. A great finale.

5.0 out of 5 stars great closure, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
I read this entire trilogy in 5 days. It was an easy read with a storyline that I didn't want to put down. The characters and the descriptions were so vivid that I could see and become part of their world. I love the continuity of each character especially June and her knack for observing her surroundings. The character development is what really made me enjoy this book and I was so excited about the final ending. It was great closure for the characters and a terrific way to end the books. I hope to see more of this authors work in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Paperback)
Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games and now the Legend series!!! Loved the first two and this one is no different. Definitely not disappointed.
I urge you, please read these books!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent. Often by the 3rd book in a trilogy I start to get bored with the characters, but Champion kept me gripped to the end, 21 Nov 2013
L. Wilkinson "LW" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
Often by the 3rd book in a trilogy I start to get bored with the characters, but Champion kept me gripped to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant captivating, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
Hooks you in from the very beginning - fantastic! Once fully inside you completely forget about the world around you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The thrilling conclusion to an amazing trilogy!, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
Champion is an amazing conclusion to the Legend trilogy. It ties up all loose ends from Legend and Prodigy in spectacular fashion. You really grow to love Day, June, Tess, Anden and all the other characters, and really care about what happens to them. And, I'm afraid to say, some heart-wrenching moments occur. The two main characters really are very well written and their relationship is even more complex in this book; there is more romance, more anger, more mistrust. I would highly recommend reading the other two books first; in fact this story doesn't make sense without that previous knowledge. But really you should read this trilogy. It is one of my all-time favourites( along with The Hunger Games, Divergent and The Maze Runner). It really is dystopian fiction at its very best.

Spoilers ahead...
For those who have read this im sure we all agree it is incredible. Its sooo sad that Day forgot June, perhaps even sadder than if he had died! But i think after the epilogue they fell in love again :-) thnx for reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Champion (Legend) (Kindle Edition)
I'm 15 years old and I have to say that this trilogy was perfectly unique! I loved how Marie Lu helped me picture the futuristic Republic world! I couldn't put all three of the books down but 'Champion' is definitely my favourite! It made me laugh, cry and scream! I'd recommend it to anyone of all ages! Hope I've helped! Xx

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Champion (Legend)
Champion (Legend) by Marie Lu (Paperback - 5 Nov 2013)
5.59