Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 March 2005
This is the third installment in the Artemis Fowl Series and it still is funny, and it still is full of action. The Artemis Fowl books follow the adventures of Artemis Fowl, the youngest ever criminal mastermind, as he meets fairies (very high-tech fairies with Neutrinos, laser stun-guns) and steals their gold. The second book is a good story too. THe Eternity Code, however, is good. This time Artemis has to recover the C-Cube (a Very modern piece of technology made of supposedly confiscated fairy technology)from the clutches of Mr. Spiro.
This book is for people who are tired of stories when fairies are good flying creatures, giving wishes to everyone and waving a little wand. It is also for children/early teenagers who want a funny read about plots, mesmerizing and hidden creatures.
on 15 May 2003
Brilliant, fast paced and outrageously funny! Colfer is back on form with the best Artemis fowl instalment to date.
As a 23 year old fowl reader ( I am sure most would be too embarrassed to admit to this ) I must confess I almost peed my pants! This book is electric! I voraciously, systematically and obsessively flew through the pages in one sitting. I believe it to be one of the best works of fiction, for children…
EVER
It is a shame Colfer is so often hidden in the shadows of the “Harry Potter” phenomenon. Artemis is truly a new way of approaching children’s literature. Goblins and Elves being a common ground for both authors in no way suggests that they are any more alike than Chalk and cheese. Both are story telling Gods but nothing beats that Irish wit. This is praise indeed as I am often found with my nose in the Potter pages.
Artemis is a criminal with the IQ similar to that last seen in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. He is a couple of years older and that ruthlessness has been put aside by lady conscience. However: fairy magic, Butler family woes and some dubious negotiating could change all this forever…
Enter the ‘C Cube’. A revolutionary piece of fairy/human hybrid technology and the stakes are higher for the pale faced mudboy than they have ever been before. Juliet reminds me of a high kicking Bruce Lee with great hair and accessories to boot. This is not a book to miss
on 5 May 2005
I yelped with delight this morning as my new amazon package came through the door. I started reading straight away
Now I've finished it I must protest. Its the best Artemis Fowl book yet!
Incredibly personal its a whole different style, less quips and more emotion. As soon as the book starts you're thrown into it with an excellent robbery by Artemis and a nail-biting face-off including Root and Holly.
The plot twists and turns and once again I was amzed at the sheer birlliance of Artemis's genius creating an amazing plan.
A must-read for all childrens book-lovers
on 4 May 2003
I hadn't heard of Artemis Fowl until a couple of week ago. Interested, I asked my niece if I could borrow the first two. Needless to say, as soon as the third was out, I picked up a copy and read it that day.
All of the books are a light read and they keep your interest right through without becoming tiresome. The Eternity Code, in my opinion, was the best so far. The characters have developed and the plot lines are maturing alongside them. The brilliance of Artemis is astounding and the opening scene is gripping and draws the reader right in to the story.
I love crime stories and this is the children's alternative. The plot of each book makes you think whilst reading, trying to guess what Artemis is actually planning, as this is explained gradually throughout the book, instead of straight away. Even though Artemis is the brilliant criminal mastermind, he manages to avoid most of the usual stereotypes - you can't help wanting Artemis to win in the end.
A great read, worth a look just to see if you can decode the messages printed at the bottom of the pages.
on 4 June 2003
I suggest you read the first 2 books (Artemis Fowl & Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident) before starting the Eternity Code.
This book is highly amusing & is easy to get into. People of all ages enjoy reading about Artemis who is a rich criminal genius, (some could call him evil). He never makes jokes & rarely smiles, it is easy to dislike him - he has few weak spots. He has a faithful body guard, Butler, and part of the book's interest lies in how 13 year old Artemis relates to this giant employee.
Artemis, after discovering the People (fairy folk), continues to exploit them & their highly advanced technology, with which he creates the C cube: small & wireless, practically priceless super computer, but in the wrong hands this precious little object could reveal the fairy peoples whereabouts...
The pace is fast-moving and the wide variety of characters makes for some highly entertaining action and Raymond Chandler-like dialogue. I read the book aloud to my family and there were times when we chorused 'oh no, not another flashback!'.
I enjoyed the book a lot, though I have to say that the first in the trilogy is still my favourite.
on 7 June 2006
Goblins and gizmos, fairies and flatulence. Darvit! Colfer can sure spin a splendour with the return of psychotic and paranoid pixie Opal Koboi. And guess what she wants for dinner....revenge.

Having been foiled two years previously, Opal is now set to wreak havoc on those who foiled her nefarious scheme. Namely two (usually) law-abiding fairies and two mind-wiped (but nonetheless crafty) humans. Oh and the return of the ever-loveable Mulch just to stir the air.

Can Artemis, Holly and Co stop the human and fairy worlds from colliding? Can Opal truly be brought to justice? Can Artemis stop being such a spoilt mud-whelp and become who he was? And most importantly....can Mulch ever get it in his head to buy some deodrant????

Tantalising, exciting and downright marvellous. Colfer's Fowl series appeals largely to children but also to the big kids with a fabulous range of characters and colours. Pixies, sprites, dwarves, elves, a paranoid centaur and a couple of mudmen...what ever is missing??

oh yeah - a Whitbread award!

Pick it up with no regrets!
on 9 June 2006
in this 3rd instalment of the artimis foul series the young mastermind criminle inbarks on what he suspects is his last adventer so to maxsimise the foul fortune he dicides to sell the secrets of the c-cube to the bigest mobster connected compernie on the planit, nothing could go wrong.

this is 1 of the best books ever for fantisie fans with this farie involved action.

best book of the year.

a must read for 9 to 12s+
on 10 January 2004
Eoin Colfer hasn't disappointed with this third book following the adventures of Artemis Fowl. It is just as witty and clever as the first and second books and like the others impossible to put down. In this book, after the return of his father, Artemis has to make up his mind about how he really wants to act his life. Mastarmind criminal, or a 'hero' as his father now intends. Whilst trying to get back the C Cube an incredibal box created from fairy technology, stolen by businessman Jon Spiro.
The story has magic, humour and all the clever scemes you would expect from it and more. It's not your average fairy tale and real enough to believe it's true. It's suitable for young and old alike but i think it best suits teenagers, who will understand the plot and still have a slight childlike belief in magic and fairies. It is a fun book to read and full of magic and the magic of technology and gadgets.
on 21 May 2003
I've become a huge fan of the Artemis Fowl books. Eoin Colfer has done it again with this 3rd installment of the Fowl saga. Artemis is now 13 & after the Artic Incident (2nd book) his criminal career must come to an end (or so he judges), but he's just got time for one last spree - and he's not finished with the Fairies yet!
With Butler in tow, he launches himself into what he says will be his last escapade - we can only hope it will NOT be! - and drags us all along on this roller-coaster ride of fun & fantasy. Artemis has grown up a little since the last time we saw him, & the return of his father has left him with a growing concience, but can, or WILL, this stop Artemis?
Colfer's writing style is also growing, along with Artemis, & this book is a gripping read - I couldn't put it down! I can only wait & pray for the next installment - surely this can't be the end???
on 24 May 2003
Etertnity Code, on it's own, would stand as a good, if slightly confusing, book. But it is not the best in the Artemis Fowl series.
The action is as good as ever, with the heist written to perfection, and many new and breathtaking pieces of technology at Artemis', and the People's, disposal. There is also a lot of fantastic black humour, with plenty of amusing one liners. All our favourite characters are back including Foaly and Diggums, but unfortunately Butler (my favourite character) and Root have little to do, with Juliet and Holly taking centre stage. I also found the first chapter quite slow and a little confusing, and needed to read it through several times to understand it thoroughly.
I don't think it is as good as the previous installment of Artemis's adventures, The Arctic Incident, but I would recommend this book to any fan of the Artemis Fowl series.