‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood in a box, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One BoxPostcards From Penguin: 100 Book Jackets in One Box
The joy and delight from these 2 boxes for a voracious reader from childhood is immeasureable. Not only are there a scattergun of memories lurking to spring out and delight you but also a witty answer to every postcard need. Thank you card? Birth of a new child? Moving house? Congratulations? Remember when? Birthday? you will find a card suitable for any occasion - personalised far more intelligently than any computer generated one. Also they are beautiful in themselves; a group of them framed would also look stunning. No more my friends - just buy them and love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A box of delights, 12 Dec 2010
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
Got given 100 Penguin bookcovers (bought from Amazon)which i then framed up and hung on the wall. Looks ace. Bought this Puffin postcards to do similar but the covers are so delightful i've sent loads of them. Inspired me to get in touch with friends and relations.

A well made product, bizarrely tactile and holds such a range of covers it's like opening a jewellery box. postcards are nicely laminated matte and are a sturdy card. Recommended as a treat for yourself or as an unusual but pleasing gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Analogue E-mail, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
Some postcards sets can seem too good to send, but these strike the right balance - not too expensive and of good quality, but so cheap as to be considered as nicer post-it notes.

I'm of an age (50) when it's nice to receive physical mail and even nicer to send it, whether as a thank you for a present or just a spontaneous "how you doing? to a friend. I use them as something a little bit more special than e-mail if I'm wanting to make a more lasting impression or stand out in someone's day.

The artwork from the period covers is varied and you'll be bound to find one that's suitable for just about every occasion from 100 choices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia..., 27 May 2011
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
Anyone of a certain age will remember loads of these book covers from childhood. When the lovely box was opened my husband and I enjoyed rifling through the cards remembering books that we had read as children in the 70's. Lovely, good quality cards in a sturdy box. Great as birthday cards, but you're sure to want to keep some of them...

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect postcards!!, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
Was inspired to buy these when my son was given a few by a friend to put on his wall! Intended as a gift for my son as he wants to create a montage in his bedroom, but can see they will be fab to send to friends and family too. Brilliant value and super fast delivery! I can see a repeat purchase being needed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful images, 21 Feb 2011
J. Hillyard (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
Lovely images - I just couldn't resist these. Not entirely sure what I'll do with them as I think they're too nice to use as postcards, and would I want to break up the set? I might frame a selection then keep swapping them over. Or post them to friends who will appreciate them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best £8 I've ever spent, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
I can't add very much to the other ecstatic reviews for this product. The box (at least at Amazon's discounted price) offers tremendous value for money for 100 postcards, and I really can't put a price tag on quite how much happiness they have brought me.

I went through the full set and found cards of all the Puffin books I read as a child, and was absolutely flooded with nostalgia. My favourites are now tacked onto my study wall, and bring me such a glow of joy whenever I see them.

This would make a wonderful small present for yourself or for friends, and certainly no bookworm who grew up in the 1970s should be without it. I've also since bought the adult Penguin postcard box (slightly lacking the huge charm of the Puffin illustrations, but still brilliant fun); I'm now longing for some bright spark at the publishing house to bring out Peter and Jane and Enid Blyton versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars postcards, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
great cards, with some of the best designs. Just as described. It arrived in perfect condition and on time. thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
A lovely collection of children's book covers. Postcards are on a thick card and are very good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice selection, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Postcards from Puffin: 100 Book Covers in One Box (Cards)
We used these at our wedding as a guest book alternative. Some guests picked cards that had relevance to their message or a special meaning to them / us, which was a sweet touch. They had fun 'posting' them in our DIY letterbox and the cards look great displayed in an album of clear pockets. Great value considering we still have lots left to use in the future.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›