• Mine!

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 July 2011
Anyone who knows a toddler or has ever had children can't fail to love this book. Short enough to hold a child's attention, long enough to make a good story for the reader, brilliant pictures and exciting use of text on the page. Impossible to read without smiling. Would make a great present for any pre-school child - especially a child who has a younger sibling who's favourite word is currently "MINE!"
on 25 September 2013
I have several books by Rachel Bright and they are all amazing. My two year old loves them and so do I. The bold and beautiful illustrations are extremely appealing to this age-group and the text is always funny, succinct and clever. This particular book tells the story of two twins who argue over their favourite toy. My daughter is definitely going through a 'mine' phase at the moment which is why I chose this title (amusingly, she was walking round holding the book saying 'mine' and I wasn't sure whether she was referring to the title or the fact that she wouldn't let anyone else touch it!) Anyway, it contains a lovely simple lesson in sharing but as ever with this author, the protagonists remain real, not fairytale perfect.
on 7 August 2011
I bought rachel bright book mine for my grandson,he loves it and so do i we love reading it together it makes harvey laugh. Its a great book for teaching children to share but making it fun its working so far!! Love the pictures well done rachel keep them coming.
on 1 August 2012
Having become a big sister for the first time at the age of 2 and a half, my daughter has struggled with the concept of sharing toys - I.e. The ones her little brother has been given belong to him and not her, but she can play with them for a wee while.

This book has enabled her to see that it's ok to share and what can happen if you don't share properly! Now she's 3, she's getting better at it, altho, naturally, it's never going to be easy!!
on 14 May 2012
I have non-identical twin girls so they loved the twins in this story, one with straight hair and one with curly hair. I love the gentle and humourous way sharing is talked about,and the detail in the illustrations is delightful. I have read this as a bed time story and also to a large group of children for a story time session, it is a hit with everyone!
on 7 April 2012
My son borrowed this from the nursery library & loved it so much we had to buy it! Really funny & great at teaching little ones about sharing. Would definitely recommend.
on 17 March 2016
Although generally in good condition, the final page has been half torn out, which is disappointing. Still a good buy for the price.
on 4 December 2014
Bought for my three year old granddaughter ,had to finally send the library one back,she loves this story and so do I !
on 11 February 2015
Nice Christmas present for my little Niece who is a little minx with her sharing tantrums apparently.
on 2 March 2016
Good message. A little too wordy for my we ones but adapted as I went along.