5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Fun and easy Read
Having loaned out all the previous books in this series to various members of my daughter's class (and the class above), this book arrived this week. I sneakily read it quickly before my daughter got hold of it - which was a good thing too because she raced through it in about 24 hours and took it to school today to lend out!

Once again Greg writes a wonderful...
Published on 16 Oct 2009 by Sir Furboy

3.0 out of 5 stars good
I think it was quite good, but I prefer the long haul!
Good, just good. Not amazing (just saying peeps).
Published 27 days ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Fun and easy Read, 16 Oct 2009
Sir Furboy (Aberystwyth, UK) - See all my reviews

Once again Greg writes a wonderful journal of his life. Understated text set off by hilarious cartoons that had me laughing out loud as I read it. Few books get me actually laughing out loud, but that has been an experience for every one of this series (if you find this book first, the series begins with the red cover "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". Its useful to start at the beginning as some of the jokes refer back to events in previous books).

Greg is on summer break in this book, and the story of that break makes a wonderful self contained book that has a funny and very appropriate ending.

I highly recommend this book - and as its an easy read its a good series for less confident readers, but don't keep it from the confident readers too! Its too good not to share. Parents of my daughters friends (especially the ones who are boys) tell me they are having the funny bits read out to them over and over again! So this is perfect for ages about 8 and upwards (no upper age limits in my opinion!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 30 Jan 2010
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Greg Heffley wants to spend his summer indoors, relaxing, playing video games with his friend, Rowley, and watching late-night horror films. His mom has other ideas, however. She wants him to spend time with the family, improving his education, and playing outdoors.

Greg tries to implement his ideas of summer, but without much success. He tries to spend time with Rowley kicking back at his friend's father's country club, but gets permanently uninvited when he accidentally tells the clubhouse manager his complaints about the place's service. Things only get worse when his mom tells him he has to find a way to pay off half of the smoothie bill he and Rowley racked up.

When Greg's father comes home with a dog that won't leave him alone, he's soon at his wits end. With failed attempts to earn money, a falling out with his best friend, and a crazy dog, will Greg ever survive summer? Will he find some way to make this into a great summer, despite the rocky start?

This fourth installment is an excellent addition to the other three stories. Greg's true character really comes out in this novel as he discovers who he is, learns to balance everything that's going on, and takes an easy-going approach to life. The illustrations are well-done and only add to the book's humor.

Avid and reluctant readers alike who have loved the other DIARY OF A WIMPY KID books, who like humorous stories, or who prefer reading realistic fiction will all enjoy this one.

Reviewed by: Kira M

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (Book 4) (Paperback)
I am 10 years old and i love this extremely addictive book i have all of the books they are all fantastic,I weren't really interested in reading until i discovered these amazing books.
I read them over and over again and i never get bored,I would recommend this book to anyone 6-12 years old.
If your thinking of buying it go for it its worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 May 2013
I loved it. I have all the books in the wimpy kid series. : ) Their is an 8th book coming out soon and I'll be the first to buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars he's finished and he wants more!!, 17 Oct 2009
A. Misiuk "Greek mum" (Cheltenham UK) - See all my reviews
Much awaited for new Wimpy Kid book arrived this week and had my son (almost) in tears last night when he finished it. Thanks to Jeff Kinney for this great series though I have yet to read the books myself- I only have my sons word that they really are that good. Roll on the next book....

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 14 Nov 2009
G. Newell "Grandma" (UnitedKingdon) - See all my reviews
My granddaughter loves these books and could not wait for the next one to be published. Would recommend it to any 10/11 year old

5.0 out of 5 stars Howler!!, 24 Nov 2009
D. Mellor "Dorolyn" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my 10 year old son who loved it. He's read all the others and couldn't wait to get his hands on this one. He laughed all the way through it and kept reading bits out to us.These are the only books that have grabbed his attention enough to take him off his PS3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (Book 4) (Paperback)
Very good

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 5 July 2014
I think it was quite good, but I prefer the long haul!
Good, just good. Not amazing (just saying peeps).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good teenage book, 1 July 2014
Brought as a present on the request of the teenager, impressed

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (Book 4)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (Book 4) by Jeff Kinney (Paperback - 3 Feb 2011)
3.85