5.0 out of 5 stars Supertastic Fairy Magic!
I read the 1st Artemis Fowl book some time ago and had heard there was to be a sequel. However the release of the sequel came to me as a surprise when I saw it displayed in a shop and I bought it to read on holiday. I was not disappointed!
Published on 7 July 2002 by Sophie Thomson [16]

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Loved the first novel in the series, but am rather disappointed by the second. Wading through the dense descriptions of fairy warfare (machinery/weapons/tactical manoeuvres) became a tad tedious for me - I wanted more of the plot to be driven by the brilliant character of Artemis. Readable, but won't buy the next in the series now.
Published 6 months ago by Mrs. R. Mayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Supertastic Fairy Magic!, 7 July 2002
Sophie Thomson [16] (Lincoln , United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The book is full of fairy magic and fantastic jokes. There is a new depth to Artemis which emerges as both touching and equally cunning.The inventions Colfer creates are amazingly amusing however the ideas behind them are all environmentally correct. Favourite characters emerge for adventures in new places and new situations and you learn a little more about each character especially Artemis. The opening concerning the Russian 'Mafiya' is an excellent introduction to the story which instantly engages the reader in a mysterious plot. And the ending [though I won't reveal it] is touching as well having the key trademark of comedy. The code along the baseline of the pages once worked out reveals a message to remember... some advice from the fairy people.
A fantastic book!

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent read one that I recommend for the whole family, 10 Jun 2002
By A Customer
Artemis fowl artic incident brings the modern world to a whole new level with a little twist of fairy magic, like with the first book you have the very brave Captain Holly Short and the very wise Artemis fowl, however instead of Holly and Artemis fighting against one and other, they are forced to team up and find out who is supplying class a illegal contraband to the goblins, however Artemis has is own problems a few days ago received a e-mail from the Russian mafia saying that they had is dad, however Artemis knows that butler can not take out the mafia out a lone and decides to make a deal with the fairies which is he helps them if they help him get is father back. Personally I tattle recommend this book to anyone who loves a bit of magic with lots of tonge twisting comments. this book is defiantly the best magical book since Harry potter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eoin Colfer has done it again. Star!, 5 Jan 2003
miss ss wilson (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
Colfer has done it again with this spectacular new edittion to the Artemis Fowl series. Watch out readers because the most unlikely people have joined forces.Artemis and the faries have come together to save Artemises father and stop the Bwa'kell goblins and the humans trading. Holly Short and Artemis Fowl have reluctantly put aside their differences and grudges and come together as a team, but don't forget the cavalry; Butler and commander Julius Root have tagged along aswell to make sure knowone gets hurt. In this wild explosion of a book there is not one moment when you are not on the egde of your seat. It's a fast, tongue in cheek book with some high teck brain cell busrting gadgets in it. Colfer the book magician has packed another mystefiyingly marvelous trick up his book writing sleeve.So get out you credit card info, get on Amazon and buy it now! YOU WOULD BE MISSING OUT NOT TO!

4.0 out of 5 stars An Unexpected Treat, 21 Jun 2002
By A Customer
Having received this book as a present I had no preconceived ideas about it and read it with an open mind. Although this is the second in the series and I hadnt read the first I found I could not put it down and I read it so quickly that the present giver has already bought me the first one to read aswell. The story is well written and opens up fresh ideas about the fairy world giving the reader a chance to enter another world. Although it was the second in the series I managed to follow the plot fully and although there is not a lot of discription of previous events I found this was not an issue. I would highly recommend this book for people who enjoy having their imaginations fulfilled when reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant-even better than the first one!, 20 Jun 2002
I really enjoyed listening to this tape. I left off even reading the first one until just a few weeks ago because I thought that a book with such good reviews could not possibly live up to them. I was very mistaken! It was so brilliant that I could hardly wait for this one to come out. How people who had read it immediately waited I will never know!
In this book Artemis is a year older than before and I personally think that he was more 'human' in this than in the last one. In this book we meet up again with all of the old characters and the sparks are soon flying between Captain Holly Short and Artemis.
This book is about the adventures the group get into in the Arctic while trying to rescue Artemis Fowl's father, Artemis Fowl Senior who was captured two years ago by the Mafiya in Russia after his ship was sunk. Besides this, while Captain Holly Short and her boss Commander Root(nicknamed Beetroot) are away and cannot do anything to stop it, there is a plot back at the LEPrecon base......
A thoroughly good read, I recommend this book to anyone between the ages of 8/9-120! You will not be disappointed by this book or the tape! Now go and buy it and stop wasting time reading this review!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant-Even better than the first one!, 8 Jun 2002
By A Customer
I really enjoyed reading this book. I left off reading the first one until just a few weeks ago because I thought that a book with such good reviews could not possibly live up to them. I was very mistaken!It was so brilliant that I could hardly wait for this one to come out.How people who had read it immediately waited I will never know!
In this book Artemis is a year older than before and I personally think that he was more 'human' in this than in the last one.In this book we meet up again with all of the old characters and soon the sparks are flying between Captain Holly Shorrt and Artemis.
This book is about the adventures the group get in to in the Arctic while trying to rescue Artemis Fowl's father, Artemis Fowl Senior who was captured two years ago by the Mafiya in Russia after his ship was sunk.Besides this, while Captain Holly Short and her boss nicknamed Beetroot are away and cannot do anything to stop it, there is a plot back at the LEPrecon base......
A thoroughly good read, I recommend this book to anyone between the ages of 8/9-120! You will not be disappointed by this book! Now go and buy it and stop wasting time reading this review!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!!, 25 Mar 2014
This is such a good book i was addicted I was drawn in to it so much I just couldn't stop reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Artemis totally good, 17 Mar 2014
the book is brilliant and exciting to read I would recommend this book to everyone and I can't wait to read the next ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Success, 14 Mar 2014
This is a very good example of a sequel done right. It had all the qualities that I liked from the 1st book, with enough new addition s and changes to keep me invested without losing any of the pacing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 5 Feb 2014
Louise Bignell (High Wycombe, Bucks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I realy enjoyed this book it was filled with action suspense and a great read for kids 10 to13 I highly recommend this to all this is a must read!!

ARRAY(0xabcc26f0)

Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident Graphic Novel
Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer (Paperback - 6 Aug 2009)
6.99