5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeously illustrated, enchanting, simple tale, 18 Sept. 2013
Debbie Young "Debbie Young" (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
I love Edward Ardizzone and associate him with books read in my own childhood, and I also love books about dolls, to share with my daughter, so this book ticked lots of boxes even before I opened it. It is the ideal bedtime story for little girls, a whole adventure in a short tale with a delightful picture on every page. It dates back to the world before superstore and online grocery shopping. The shopping parade (now there's an old-fashioned phrase!) to which the little girl goes with her mother every day (who grocery shops every day these days?!) reminds me of the one I went to when I was a child in the 60s and 70s, of which I have fond memories. This is also an empowering story for little girls, because although the girl in the story is small and dependent, the doll is even tinier, and the girl comes to her rescue. Love the idea of the girl sewing clothes for the doll herself - I wish more little girls (and boys) would take an interest in that sort of thing these days! Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Girl and the Tiny Doll, 16 Sept. 2012
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Little Girl and the Tiny Doll (Puffin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
This is an excellent first book for independent readers and my five year old daughter adores it. The tiny little doll first belongs to a little girl who does not care about her and drops her carelessly into a freezer. Here, the tiny little doll lives amongst the frozen food - uncared for, cold and bored. She is eventually noticed by another girl, who longs to take her home but has been told not to touch things in the shop. Of course, the story has a happy ending and it is a lovely tale which shows us how important (and rewarding) it is to care about others. This is a delightful book, with gorgeous drawings by Edward Ardizzone, and a really magical read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 29 July 2006
This little story is quite magical; my sister and I loved it! We were also happier to go to the supermarket with our parents as there was always a chance that we too might find a tiny doll.....

5.0 out of 5 stars good for first Independent readers, 16 Feb. 2012
My daughter likes this book, its not too long and she read it easily, she is aged 8. Its about a girl who finds a little doll in the freezer department of the supermarket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures, 16 Jan. 2013
My daughter enjoys this book from time to time, and we especially like the pictures, which are lovely. This made a good present for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 18 Dec. 2014
E. Edwards (UK) - See all my reviews
a very cute and beautifully illustrated story which works just as well on kindle app for my computer

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 April 2013
My grandson loves this book and i have read it to him many times ****** ******* ******* ******* * *

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Item as described and good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
simple but perfect story

The Little Girl and the Tiny Doll (Puffin Modern Classics)
The Little Girl and the Tiny Doll (Puffin Modern Classics) by Aingelda Ardizzone (Paperback - 5 Feb. 2009)