5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the film!
Published on 31 Aug. 2010 by A. Harvey

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish!
Can't read on my kindle, despite changing my settings. It's not type written & print is unreadable!
Would like a refund, don't buy!
Published 21 months ago by Molly

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the film!, 31 Aug. 2010
A. Harvey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
My son loves his play station and the telly. It is very difficult to get him to read something and even more difficult finding something he actually enjoys. The Wimpy Kid series, of which the Last Straw was his favourite, are books that he has read without complaining. He even said, after visiting the cinema to watch the film,'It was okay, not as good as the book!' from him praise indeed.Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 18 Oct. 2010
Mrs. V. R. Hampson-hawker (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
My 9 year old son loved this book! He tends to prefer reading comics but when he got this book he couldn't put it down. This is the first book I think he has read from start to finish - great price too. Would definitely recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wimpy Kid Review, 24 Feb. 2010
Characters
Greg is a total wimp, he likes to do his homework and likes to be good. Rodrick is a tough nut, he likes to rock on the drums in his band Looder Diper but he is not the smatyest kid in the class!

Plot
Greg has a wild plan to make Holly Hills fall in love with him. Dad's plan is to send Greg to Spag Union for the school break. Rodrick just wants to chill and then tock with his band mates.

Ending
Holly feels nothing for Greg, he gets her thourghts of him in a year book note. Holly likes more of Rowley then Greg. Dad has second thourght of Spag Union and shipping Greg off.

Intrest level
I give this story a 5/5 because in all of it is funny. When you start reading you do not want to stop because its just that good.

Other comments
The events that happen in the story would probably happen to most kids. Like when you sit on somthing gooey in the car or your school bus breacks down and you have to walk it to school, there are many more funny events that happen like that but to find out you have to read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars more wimpy kid fun, 26 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
What can I say? My son waited for this book and promptly read it in 2 evening sessions. He loves the wimpy kid books and is already waiting for the next one. Anything that has them reading and laughing out loud has to be good.... maybe I ought to read it myself!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a Wimpy Kid, 27 April 2010
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
This is great I can't stop my ten year old son reading. He loves these books they keep him entertained for hours. we have bought all of them except the do it yourself book.
I had a quick read at it myself it was really funny. As I said I had bought all the books in the series and it has kept my son away from the wii and computer for three weeks it is bliss highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars another good book in the series, 18 Nov. 2009
kk (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
My son is 11, like most boys he doesn't like reading. This book, like all others in the series, is funny with lots of pictures, and it talks about children about my son's age and things they encountered. My son reads it again & again, and laughs everytime, he also read out to me so I can laugh with him! I think this book + its series are good for encouraging children to read, particularly for those who are not keen in reading. I bought all the books in the series, and my son loves it all and still reading them repeatedly. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading, 15 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
My eldest son never has his head out of a good book and is reading well beyond his age, however my youngest is a different story. He loves to read but finds it difficult to get into a book he doesn't like straight away. He has read all the Wimpy Kid books and has loved everyone. He is even happy to read them out loud to me and I must admit I have quite enjoyed them also. They are humerous but also teach children everyday lessons and how situations can arise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a Wimpy Kid, 24 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
Brilliant book which my 9 year old son wouldn't put down until he'd read it from cover to cover (most unusual!) Amazon was definitely the best price by far and it was delivered on time - what more could you ask!

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a Wimpy Kid, 4 April 2011
S. Riches - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
Short review because I've already spoken highly of others in the series. Some great humour at a number of levels, good insight into a child's mind, they see it as slightly "naughty", it resonates with their more mischievous promptings, but it never oversteps the mark. Adults will recognise themselves all too easily herein.

The great selling point is that this series turns otherwise reluctant readers (especially boys who'd rather kick a football outside rather that curl up inside with a book) into insatiable devourers of everything connected. My 10-year-old is bankrupting me with demands for everything in the series. Would the author please take note of this, and thus use your already considerable income to take a long holiday far away from any computers or typewriters.

Our one puzzle is in the use of the word "Wimpy", because here in the UK it means a kid who is wishy-washy and scared and pathetic, which this "hero" certainly isn't. Maybe in the US, where this originates, it is subtly different? Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 5 Mar. 2010
Lovely Treez (Belfast, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) (Paperback)
Yet another gripping, entertaining instalment which kept my 9 year old son glued to the pages the minute he picked up the book. Jeff Kinney has certainly found the exact formula for making reading appealing to young boys with a wicked sense of humour. If your children enjoyed the Captain Underpants series they will love this series equally.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3) by Jeff Kinney (Paperback - 6 Aug. 2009)