Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 January 2010
My youngest is 7 and has enjoyed all of these stories. He reads them very quickly from cover to cover but he has picked them up and read them again. If your child plays football for a team then they will probably enjoy these stories as they are about a team of under 12's - each book focus' on one of the players in the squad and their experience with the team and the games they play. A good Puffin easy read book.
on 15 April 2013
My two boys aged 7 and 8 absolutely love the Football Academy series. It's not just that there are good stories about football and an aspirational context. The cool thing is that they really have a strong moral underpinning about teamwork, bullying, dealing with your parents etc. Excellent in every way!
on 15 January 2013
This was a great book to try and get my 10 year old Grandson to actually finish a book, we achieved it together, his love of football was why we chose it and it cleverly delves into the lives of the teams football players we have now read the second book, and he is wanting to read the third. We are still reading them together I am hoping he will progress to reading them on his own (one step at a time) !
on 7 August 2013
I liked this book a lot it has given me a few I dears for what to do in my football there was nothing bad and that why I've given a 5 star rating
on 4 January 2013
Little footballer boy really enjoyed this book, had to order another 2 in the series. Great to get boys interested in reading.
on 11 April 2013
I enjoy these book thias am a football fan, the story line is really good and for my age (12) its very engaging!
on 5 September 2012
I bought a selection of Tom Palmers Football academy books for my son last year when he was 7. Although he is able to read text far above his predicted age he reads independently only when forced to. That is until he received these books. My son has read the books cover to cover and chooses to read them even if the wii or ds are available to play on. If you have a football mad reluctant reader then these are the books that will get them reading.
on 12 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It's quite a sad ending but it turns out a happy and sad ending. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes football. This is a must get book. The book is about a polish boy who plays for United's under 12s. The boy is called ... I going to split it up because it won't
I absolutely love football !
I think that girls can play football
because I am a girl !
By Laura
on 4 January 2013
one of the few sets of books I have found that my 8 year old son will read, have the whole set now