5.0 out of 5 stars Daft but not dumb!, 5 Mar 2009
This was our first Jeremy Strong book, went down a treat with my boys aged 6 and 8. I laughed so much..... and so did they.
I think the story and characters well thought out, and the English is everyday English but (hurrah) good and not dumbed down or patronizingly "right on". It doesn't ooze P.C..
I would recommend this one for children aged 8 and above; younger ones would enjoy it but would perhaps miss some of the ironies that make it very funny.
So far it is my favorite Jeremy Strong book (we're also reading the 100 mile an hour dogs series, and My Dad's got an Alligator).

5.0 out of 5 stars Another mad cap book from Mr. Strong, 16 May 2001
By A Customer
I read this aloud to my kids, one chapter a night. They enjoyed it so much that they read it to themselves ahead of me so the great twist in the last chapter was a surprise only to me. The main character is a worrier, easily identifiable with many kids. Funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, side-splitting humour!, 8 Jan 2008
L. Harrison (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I first came across this story when I borrowed the audio cassette for my children, from my local library. It's a definite winner with them, we listened to it at mealtimes and my son (11) and daughter (8) could hardly eat for laughing at certain points in the story! Not so great if you're into quiet, formal family meals! We love it so much, I'm getting a copy of the book for my daughter. Thank you Jeremy Strong!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very funny story, with a twist at the end., 16 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This excellent story, with hilarious descrptions is a must read for both adults and children. The main character Rob is obsessed with horoscopes and outer space. Combine this with his friend Marth's wish for excitement, you have the ideal cocktail for a fantastic story which is not only funny but also has an element of suspense.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny book, 4 Dec 2011
Mrs. S. M. Codd (Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Telling You, They're Aliens! (Laugh Your Socks Off) (Paperback)
Bought for son aged 6 who is very good reader. He loves Jeremy Strong books as they as funny and simple to understand but with a good story. Great for children who are now reading proper books by themselves but also make good bedtime stories as stories are fun for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars even my 40 something husband likes it, 30 Mar 2010
My husband reads these Jeremy Strong books to our son and he says they are entertaining even for him, we have got through the whole series now, my son says "its one of the best Jeremy Strongs"

5.0 out of 5 stars Book by Jeremy Strong, 24 Feb 2014
Mrs. G. M. Yates "Celtica" (S.Wales) - See all my reviews
Gave this book to my granddaughter in her Xmas stocking.She is 7yrs old and an avid reader and loved this book said it was really funny and enjoyed reading it as it was so funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 17 Oct 2013
My 6 yr old son absolutely loves this story! He can't wait to read more books by the same author!

4.0 out of 5 stars A m a z ing, 18 April 2013
I thought it was a superb
Book and I loved it as I hope others did too
It was the only book ,by jeremy strong,that I have not read so it is cool I have now read it!!!
You have done it again Jerry!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, fascinating and with tonnes of cliff hangers, 12 April 2013
one of his best books with a funny but mysterious story anything could happen and it's easy to read aswell

I'm Telling You, They're Aliens! (Laugh Your Socks Off)
I'm Telling You, They're Aliens! (Laugh Your Socks Off) by Jeremy Strong (Paperback - 1 Jan 2009)