5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Absolutely love this book. Read it with my 9 year old daughter, who was rather daunted at the small type and the great no. of pages, but once we started, she was so enthralled that she's now described it as her favourite book. Highly recommended.
Published on 30 Oct. 2010 by MM

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Arrived dirty and very worn when ordered new
Published 4 months ago by Kellie Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Oct. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi - better than I expected!, 28 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Heidi (Puffin Classics) (Paperback)
After reading the average teenage fiction books, and getting extremely fed up with hearing about vampires and romance, I decided to try a few Classic stories. Heidi seems an excellent choice and I read the book within 2 days, after being engrossed into the easy-to-read story line! I also ordered A Little Princess and The Secret Garden, both by Frances Hodgson Burnett, but out of the three Classics, Heidi was clearly the best book and definitely the most interesting! It was far more understandable with less archaic language too!

Being at the grand old age of 13, I did consider whether Heidi was going to be a bit childish for me, but I was proved so very wrong! The tale starts of with 5 year old Heidi being brought to live with her ancient grandfather, who has little contact with people and spends most of his time either inside his hut or making goats milk cheeses. Heidi lives happily with him for a few years and his ways seem to change, but by the time she is 7 or 8 years old, her Aunt Detie collects her again and sends her to live with a family in Frankfurt. Although she is treated well, she longs to live back up on the mountains with her Grandfather. Will she find her way back to where she truly belongs?

Overall a fantastic book which really makes you sympathise for Heidi and feel glad for her luck. Recommend to anyone looking for something a little different. I hope you found this review helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi, 15 Oct. 2012
Clare O'Beara - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Heidi (Puffin Classics) (Paperback)
Heidi is the story of a little girl brought to live on the alpine meadows with her grandfather who keeps goats. At first they do not know how to get along but it is lovely to remember Heidi first tasting goats' milk and drinking it all up, a scene that stayed with me from childhood.
As time passes Heidi is then taken down to the town and made to go to school but she is very unhappy and wants to return to the alps and her grandfather.

This is a great way to introduce young people to the idea that people in different countries have different ways of life. The landscape and animals and people are so well drawn that they stay in your mind after you close the book.

The two sequels are Heidi Grows Up and Heidi's Children, written by Charles Tritten, Johanna Speiri's translator. I read them shortly after the first but did not really get into them and they do not really stick in my mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi, 24 July 2011
This review is from: Heidi (Puffin Classics) (Paperback)
This was one of my favourites as a child and I was pleased to see that it was still in print. In my opinion it is a timeless classic and well worth buying for this age range. It is also a lovely story to read to children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sent to Jamaica, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Heidi (Puffin Classics) (Paperback)
I bought this book as I knew of a girl in Jamaica who wanted to read the kind of book that English girls read, so instead of the modern stuff around, I sent her a classic from my childhood. I hope she liked it. I'm sure she would.
The book arrived in good condition and quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as lovely as I remember, 28 May 2014
S. Walker (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I read this as a child and loved it, it's one of those stories that stays with you. I read it again when my eldest daughter read it......she is now 28. Here I am reading it again with my youngest daughter who is 12......,,,,, such a lovely, uplifting tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi, 16 Jan. 2010
A Kid's Review
Heidi is a brilliant book
It is about a girl who goes to live in the mountains with her grand father.

I recomend it to all readers

5.0 out of 5 stars a good book for childern, 3 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Heidi (Puffin Classics) (Paperback)
this book is abought a littel girl who goes to live her grandfather in the mountins their is a few twist and turns along the way but all works out in the end this book is a childrens classic and is perfect for girls 9+.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 14 Dec. 2014
Arrived dirty and very worn when ordered new

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi, 16 Jan. 2010
A Kid's Review
Heidi is a brilliant book
It is about a girl who goes to live in the mountains with her grand father.

I recomend it to all readers

Heidi (Puffin Classics)
Heidi (Puffin Classics) by Johanna Spyri (Paperback - 5 Mar. 2009)