5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another brilliant instalment in the Artemis Fowl series
This novel, the third in the series about the 14-year old Irish boy genius, is just as inventive, funny and exhilarating as its two predecessors. This time round Artemis has stolen fairy technology and turned into something of his own creation; the C-Cube. The Cube can hack into and control any existing human technology - for example military satellites - and is...
Published on 9 Dec 2003 by Will Lockwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Artemis Fowl books
As with all books, there are good reads and bad reads. this book for children i found ok. its quick and easy to read.
Published 22 months ago by Mr. B. F. Knowles

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Eternity and Ethical code., 15 May 2003
Brilliant, fast paced and outrageously funny! Colfer is back on form with the best Artemis fowl instalment to date.
As a 23 year old fowl reader ( I am sure most would be too embarrassed to admit to this ) I must confess I almost peed my pants! This book is electric! I voraciously, systematically and obsessively flew through the pages in one sitting. I believe it to be one of the best works of fiction, for children…
EVER
It is a shame Colfer is so often hidden in the shadows of the “Harry Potter” phenomenon. Artemis is truly a new way of approaching children’s literature. Goblins and Elves being a common ground for both authors in no way suggests that they are any more alike than Chalk and cheese. Both are story telling Gods but nothing beats that Irish wit. This is praise indeed as I am often found with my nose in the Potter pages.
Artemis is a criminal with the IQ similar to that last seen in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. He is a couple of years older and that ruthlessness has been put aside by lady conscience. However: fairy magic, Butler family woes and some dubious negotiating could change all this forever…
Enter the ‘C Cube’. A revolutionary piece of fairy/human hybrid technology and the stakes are higher for the pale faced mudboy than they have ever been before. Juliet reminds me of a high kicking Bruce Lee with great hair and accessories to boot. This is not a book to miss

5.0 out of 5 stars jr. journalist, 8 April 2004
jr. journalist (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
My fav of the 3 books was The Eternity Code. I loved its storytelling techniques and the characters are nothing short of amazing. If you like technology, humour, weird animals and missions, then you'll love this book. One thing i am not sure about is the code at the bottom of each page. I have not cracked it yet and i am desperate to find out what it says. Anyone who does know, please contact me on carmen_tammy@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy criminal, fairies, centaurs and flatulent dwarves, 14 Nov 2003
Timothy Hay (Mold, Flintshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The sinister 12 year old Artemis Fowl is no Harry Potter, all naivity and bewilderment. No. Young Arty is manipulative, snide, selfish and far too clever for his own good. I am sure he would benefit from a good thrashing but you would have to get past his formidable manservant and bodyguard, Butler, first.
Don't be put off by the fairy content - these are not the wand waving, flowery, Tinkerbell variety that live at the bottom of your garden. Watch out too for the revolting Mulch Diggums - 'a lorra gas in clay'.
Have the elastic voiced Adrian Dunbar read this to you and bring it to life. So much better too for being read in the Irish accent in which it was written.
I would have bought this for a child of 9 or above but my own 4 and 6 year olds enjoy listening to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest - I don't believe it!, 4 Sep 2003
How could Artemis Fowl be an honest citizen. I was never going to believe it, but thats his intentions after one last criminal act.
If you have read the other books in the series you will be desperate to pick this one up - unputdownable!!!
Many have compared these books to Harry Potter - why???? Artemis and Harry are totally separate. I have read all of each set and love both characters - I cannot wait for the next 'Fowl' book to appear in the shops - I hope Artemis constructs another plan soon!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, but still worth a read., 24 May 2003
C. Goodall - See all my reviews
Etertnity Code, on it's own, would stand as a good, if slightly confusing, book. But it is not the best in the Artemis Fowl series.
The action is as good as ever, with the heist written to perfection, and many new and breathtaking pieces of technology at Artemis', and the People's, disposal. There is also a lot of fantastic black humour, with plenty of amusing one liners. All our favourite characters are back including Foaly and Diggums, but unfortunately Butler (my favourite character) and Root have little to do, with Juliet and Holly taking centre stage. I also found the first chapter quite slow and a little confusing, and needed to read it through several times to understand it thoroughly.
I don't think it is as good as the previous installment of Artemis's adventures, The Arctic Incident, but I would recommend this book to any fan of the Artemis Fowl series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just another kids' book!, 21 May 2003
I've become a huge fan of the Artemis Fowl books. Eoin Colfer has done it again with this 3rd installment of the Fowl saga. Artemis is now 13 & after the Artic Incident (2nd book) his criminal career must come to an end (or so he judges), but he's just got time for one last spree - and he's not finished with the Fairies yet!
With Butler in tow, he launches himself into what he says will be his last escapade - we can only hope it will NOT be! - and drags us all along on this roller-coaster ride of fun & fantasy. Artemis has grown up a little since the last time we saw him, & the return of his father has left him with a growing concience, but can, or WILL, this stop Artemis?
Colfer's writing style is also growing, along with Artemis, & this book is a gripping read - I couldn't put it down! I can only wait & pray for the next installment - surely this can't be the end???

5.0 out of 5 stars Eoin Colfer is brilliant!, 12 May 2003
Naomi Porter "naomipomi" (good old Birmingham!) - See all my reviews
Ever since I recieved 'Artemis Fowl' for my birthday last year I have become a fan of the world of Artemis and pals, and Eternity Code is no different. Eoin Colfer uses excellent techniques in this book making it an absorbing and exciting adventure!! The book is funny, sad, full of wit and hilarious at times. The characters are well thought out I really identified with them, even Mulch Diggums the clay-eating dwarf!! I HIGHLY recommend this to all you people who love fantasy stories with a twist out there - you will not be dissappointed. This book is wicked!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read!, 4 May 2003
I hadn't heard of Artemis Fowl until a couple of week ago. Interested, I asked my niece if I could borrow the first two. Needless to say, as soon as the third was out, I picked up a copy and read it that day.
All of the books are a light read and they keep your interest right through without becoming tiresome. The Eternity Code, in my opinion, was the best so far. The characters have developed and the plot lines are maturing alongside them. The brilliance of Artemis is astounding and the opening scene is gripping and draws the reader right in to the story.
I love crime stories and this is the children's alternative. The plot of each book makes you think whilst reading, trying to guess what Artemis is actually planning, as this is explained gradually throughout the book, instead of straight away. Even though Artemis is the brilliant criminal mastermind, he manages to avoid most of the usual stereotypes - you can't help wanting Artemis to win in the end.
A great read, worth a look just to see if you can decode the messages printed at the bottom of the pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars artimas fowl, 14 Jun 2004
This is a great book i would reccomend it to anybody definately worth buying p.s. if you found the reveiw below helpful please mark it on this one as i dont know how to delete my other reveiw p.p.s. i know i spelt subtle wrong (sorry). Anyway buy this now. also by the same author - the other two artimas fowls (three if you count the seventh dwarf), the wish list and the supernaturalist. 9-10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairy Dust Magic, 13 Aug 2003
J. Cronin "dudara" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Artemis Fowl is back for one last heist, before comtemplating an honest life. One last deal, and he walks the straight and narrow in accordance with his dad's wishes.
From salvaged fairy technology, he has built the C-Cube, a technological marvel, capable of tapping into any system. Unfortunately, he shows it to the wrong person, and it is stolen in a highly-charged, high-octane opening section.
The cube must be retrieved or the fairy world could be exposed. He calls on Holly, Foaly and other familiar magical characters, including Mulch the dwarf, who makes a hilarious appearance. Butler plays less of a part in this novel, allowing his young sister Juliet, who is much more interested in wrestling, to come to the fore.
For a children's book this is packed full of adventure and technology (all fairy created). Some of the detail will only be truly appreciated by an older child or adult reader. But there is no doubt that it is a good story which moves along at a lively pace. Colfer has struck fairy gold again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code: 3
Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code: 3 by Eoin Colfer (Paperback - 6 April 2006)
6.99