5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another brilliant instalment in the Artemis Fowl series
This novel, the third in the series about the 14-year old Irish boy genius, is just as inventive, funny and exhilarating as its two predecessors. This time round Artemis has stolen fairy technology and turned into something of his own creation; the C-Cube. The Cube can hack into and control any existing human technology - for example military satellites - and is...
Published on 9 Dec 2003 by Will Lockwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this book better than the rest?
When i heard Eoin Colfer was to release another book from the Artemis Fowl series i jmped at the chance to pre-order it. But one thought was niggling in my mind, could it be as good as the magnificent pair before it?
I recieved it and read intensely overthe nigh, by the morning i had finished it, it was so good i did not putit down once, however it began with a...
Published on 21 May 2003 by luke_jones2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic at it's best, 10 Jan 2004
Eoin Colfer hasn't disappointed with this third book following the adventures of Artemis Fowl. It is just as witty and clever as the first and second books and like the others impossible to put down. In this book, after the return of his father, Artemis has to make up his mind about how he really wants to act his life. Mastarmind criminal, or a 'hero' as his father now intends. Whilst trying to get back the C Cube an incredibal box created from fairy technology, stolen by businessman Jon Spiro.
The story has magic, humour and all the clever scemes you would expect from it and more. It's not your average fairy tale and real enough to believe it's true. It's suitable for young and old alike but i think it best suits teenagers, who will understand the plot and still have a slight childlike belief in magic and fairies. It is a fun book to read and full of magic and the magic of technology and gadgets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just another kids' book!, 21 May 2003
I've become a huge fan of the Artemis Fowl books. Eoin Colfer has done it again with this 3rd installment of the Fowl saga. Artemis is now 13 & after the Artic Incident (2nd book) his criminal career must come to an end (or so he judges), but he's just got time for one last spree - and he's not finished with the Fairies yet!
With Butler in tow, he launches himself into what he says will be his last escapade - we can only hope it will NOT be! - and drags us all along on this roller-coaster ride of fun & fantasy. Artemis has grown up a little since the last time we saw him, & the return of his father has left him with a growing concience, but can, or WILL, this stop Artemis?
Colfer's writing style is also growing, along with Artemis, & this book is a gripping read - I couldn't put it down! I can only wait & pray for the next installment - surely this can't be the end???

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, but still worth a read., 24 May 2003
C. Goodall - See all my reviews
Etertnity Code, on it's own, would stand as a good, if slightly confusing, book. But it is not the best in the Artemis Fowl series.
The action is as good as ever, with the heist written to perfection, and many new and breathtaking pieces of technology at Artemis', and the People's, disposal. There is also a lot of fantastic black humour, with plenty of amusing one liners. All our favourite characters are back including Foaly and Diggums, but unfortunately Butler (my favourite character) and Root have little to do, with Juliet and Holly taking centre stage. I also found the first chapter quite slow and a little confusing, and needed to read it through several times to understand it thoroughly.
I don't think it is as good as the previous installment of Artemis's adventures, The Arctic Incident, but I would recommend this book to any fan of the Artemis Fowl series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy criminal, fairies, centaurs and flatulent dwarves, 14 Nov 2003
Timothy Hay (Mold, Flintshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The sinister 12 year old Artemis Fowl is no Harry Potter, all naivity and bewilderment. No. Young Arty is manipulative, snide, selfish and far too clever for his own good. I am sure he would benefit from a good thrashing but you would have to get past his formidable manservant and bodyguard, Butler, first.
Don't be put off by the fairy content - these are not the wand waving, flowery, Tinkerbell variety that live at the bottom of your garden. Watch out too for the revolting Mulch Diggums - 'a lorra gas in clay'.
Have the elastic voiced Adrian Dunbar read this to you and bring it to life. So much better too for being read in the Irish accent in which it was written.
I would have bought this for a child of 9 or above but my own 4 and 6 year olds enjoy listening to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars artimis foul the eternity code:a epic edventure.(maxwell finney), 9 Jun 2006
Am Tattersall (Meersbrook bank) - See all my reviews
in this 3rd instalment of the artimis foul series the young mastermind criminle inbarks on what he suspects is his last adventer so to maxsimise the foul fortune he dicides to sell the secrets of the c-cube to the bigest mobster connected compernie on the planit, nothing could go wrong.

this is 1 of the best books ever for fantisie fans with this farie involved action.

best book of the year.

a must read for 9 to 12s+

5.0 out of 5 stars Eoin Colfer is brilliant!, 12 May 2003
Naomi Porter "naomipomi" (good old Birmingham!) - See all my reviews
Ever since I recieved 'Artemis Fowl' for my birthday last year I have become a fan of the world of Artemis and pals, and Eternity Code is no different. Eoin Colfer uses excellent techniques in this book making it an absorbing and exciting adventure!! The book is funny, sad, full of wit and hilarious at times. The characters are well thought out I really identified with them, even Mulch Diggums the clay-eating dwarf!! I HIGHLY recommend this to all you people who love fantasy stories with a twist out there - you will not be dissappointed. This book is wicked!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as the others, but still awesome!, 19 May 2003
M Farrar - See all my reviews
As Artemis Fowl returned for his third outing, many people were suspecting that the material for this character had run out, and that they were about to witness him becoming a self-parody. I must admit that this was what I was expecting to see, but Eoin Colfer has proved me wrong.
The first few pages felt a little dry, like he was trying to get into it again, but after that it turned into another exciting Fowl fiasco. As Artemis Fowl Junior embarks upon one final operation before, true to the wishes of his parents, calling it a day and going straight, he decides to once again draw upon the the power of the faries that saved the life of his father. Using stolen fairy technology and his own creative genius he designs and makes the awesome C-Cube, something that will make all modern electronics worthless. He takes it to show to crime master Jon Spiro, in the hope of making a fortune, but it all goes wrong. He must then try and get it back with the help of the faries and the Butlers.
This, as stated earlier, is not the best of the three. Artemis does seem a trifle dim sometimes, and there are some small holes in the plot, but it really does fare very well against its counterparts. I particularly liked the way Colfer has progressed the situation regarding the Butlers. Also, the ending is to die for.
Don't wait to buy the softback. Get it now, in all its glittering glory. You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest - I don't believe it!, 4 Sep 2003
How could Artemis Fowl be an honest citizen. I was never going to believe it, but thats his intentions after one last criminal act.
If you have read the other books in the series you will be desperate to pick this one up - unputdownable!!!
Many have compared these books to Harry Potter - why???? Artemis and Harry are totally separate. I have read all of each set and love both characters - I cannot wait for the next 'Fowl' book to appear in the shops - I hope Artemis constructs another plan soon!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Artemis Fowl Strikes Again!, 4 Jun 2003
By A Customer
I suggest you read the first 2 books (Artemis Fowl & Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident) before starting the Eternity Code.
This book is fun to read and easy to get into. People of all ages enjoy reading about Artemis who is a rich criminal genius, an anti-hero, in fact, who makes a refreshing change from all the jolly decent chaps around in children's literature these days......
Artemis, after discovering the People (fairy folk), continues to exploit them & their highly advanced technology, with which he creates a small, wireless, and practically priceless super computer. However in the wrong hands this precious little object could reveal the fairy folk's whereabouts to unscrupulous mud people....
The pace is fast-moving and the wide variety of characters makes for some highly entertaining action coupled with witty Raymond Chandler-like dialogue. I read the book aloud to my family and though there were times when we chorused 'oh no, not another flashback!',we enjoyed the book a lot. I have to say that the first in the series is still my favourite, but I do hope that Eoin Colfer gives us more rollicking high-tech cyber thrills in a fourth adventure some day.

5.0 out of 5 stars jr. journalist, 8 April 2004
jr. journalist (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
My fav of the 3 books was The Eternity Code. I loved its storytelling techniques and the characters are nothing short of amazing. If you like technology, humour, weird animals and missions, then you'll love this book. One thing i am not sure about is the code at the bottom of each page. I have not cracked it yet and i am desperate to find out what it says. Anyone who does know, please contact me on carmen_tammy@hotmail.com

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code: 3
Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code: 3 by Eoin Colfer (Paperback - 6 April 2006)
6.99