‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionboy - it's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! (sorry), 27 Jan. 2007
Lucy Moss "Miss Moss" (London) - See all my reviews
Well written, pacy, and gripping. As an English teacher I'm always on the look out for books to recommend to my students and I have sung the praises of this one! The main character, Charlie, can speak Cat (domestic and wild), and the story traces his attempt to find his parents who have been kidnapped by the sinister Corpocracy. On the way he joins a circus (fantastic descriptions!) and clashes with Rafi, a vicious henchman of the Corp.

Charlie is an eminently charming and likeable hero and Corder's description of a post-energy crisis London (be warned people, this is a very likely future... no cars, no streetlights, the city deserted) is just enough like, but not like, our world to give the story another element of interest.

I loved it and have bought the trilogy for my own pleasure... will lend it to my students only if they are VERY VERY trustworthy so I can be sure I'll get it back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionboy The Truth, 8 May 2009
J. Ovenden (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lionboy: The Truth (Paperback)
I don't read books and was bored one holiday so my 11 year old told me to read the Lion Boy. I thoroughly enjoyed it and couldnt put it down. I was gutted when she told me at the end there was two more to read!. I got hooked and really enjoyed all three books. Think it would make a good family film. Worth reading if you are not a reader like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Lionboy: The Truth (Paperback)
My 7 ("Seven and three quarters actually, mummy") year old boy has LOVED these books. They are a good stretch for him - and the story lines have had him captivated since the beginning. Excellent - thank you. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping stuff, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Lionboy: The Truth (Paperback)
Kept my 10 yr old turning the pages til the end. I'd recommend getting all 3 of the trilogy together - getting them one at a time just led to frustrations!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lionboy: The Truth (Paperback)
brilliant book, completely recommended for any age, though most ideal for 8-14 years, roughly.
Great read for adults too though!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Truth, The Lion Boy., 3 Jan. 2013
Again a riviting and fast moving story with interesting twists and turns.
Starts quietly with the Lions back with their home pride and the Lion Boy reunited with his Parents. With his enimies near bye it's not long before the action starts and spreads out across the world. Who, why, and what do they really want with the Lion Boy and his parents?

5.0 out of 5 stars Third book of a great series, 30 July 2014
The story was full of adventure, intrigue,dealt with some interesting topics. These included the circus, freedom, control, slavery and family.
I gave it five stars as I could not put it down. Read the series one after another switch my 18 year old daughter. Family fun for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 29 April 2014
One of the best books I have ever read. (and I have read a lot)
Charlie is a daring boy whoes parents are kidnapped by the money-wanting Corpracy. But Charle can speak cat and it's suprising how useful it is to be a catspeaker sometimes...

5.0 out of 5 stars great storytelling, 2 Jun. 2010
M. Newman "Mark" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lionboy: The Truth (Paperback)
This is the third book in the lion boy series. I have read them all with my kids (9&6) - they have a great combination of engaging and funny characters(including talking animals) plenty of action and cliffhangers, humour, and pantomime villains along with a liberal smattering of politcal observation and comment (with a small p). The nearest equivalent I can thinkof is Philip Pullman. Good for kids and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Sept. 2014
Kate (UK, Somerset) - See all my reviews
Amazing story, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes books. Zizou Corder is one of the best authors I've read books of.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lionboy: The Truth
Lionboy: The Truth by Zizou Corder (Paperback - 1 Feb. 2007)