4.0 out of 5 stars An Animal Adventure
I first encountered the Hodgeheg in 1989 when it was first published.
Back then I was 9 years old, and thought it was one of the sweetest and funniest books I had ever read. Now I'm 25 and my opinion has not changed.
After receiving a nasty bump on the head whilst trying to cross the road, Max the young hedgehog suddenly becomes a Hodgeheg, and starts getting...
Published on 13 Aug 2005 by Lucy Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars 'The Hodgeheg' reviwed by Year 3, Byron Primary
Have you ever wondered how Hedgehogs get accross the road?

Max, the main character of your story, is an intelligent, brave and inquisitive little Hedgehog.

At the beginning of the story something terrible happens, Max's Aunty Betty gets run over whilst trying to cross the road. This encourages Max to find a safe place for Hedgehogs to cross the road...
Published on 17 Jan 2007 by Year 3, Byron Primary

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 8 Jun 2009
Lovely story about a hedgehog who has a bump on the head and starts saying things the wrong way round.

I read this to my children aged 5 and 8 as a bedtime story (not in one go though) and I sometimes found myself having to concentrate to read the words the wrong way round as it was so easy to put the 'correct' words in.

My kids loved the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Layla's Book Review, 4 Feb 2009
A Kid's Review
This story is about a hedgehog who gets a bump on the head and it sends him loopy. Then he gets another bump on the head and then he turns out to be pretty fine.

The book is mainly aimed at young children about 8-9.Maybe for adults to read to babies .I think kids would like it most they mite find it amusing and humours.

The main character is Max. My favourite character is Max because I think he is really funny when he crosses the road and gets a bump on the head. Then he goes back and tries to cross the road again and gets another bump on the head.

It is funny because when the first bump on the head came he started talking backward (eg:I got a bop tom on the head.)

Dick king-smith is a very well known author. He has written loads of stories. Most of them are about animals. If you like animals then check out some of Dick king-smith books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lewis's Book Review of The Hodgeheg, 4 Feb 2009
A Kid's Review
The Hodgeheg is a good book to read. It is about a little hedgehog called Max and he is determined to cross the road but get's bumped on the head.

My favourite character is Max because he gets his words muddled up like KO instead of OK.

It is aimed at 6/10 year olds. Will Max cross the road find out more in the Hodgeheg.

5.0 out of 5 stars the hodgeheg, 29 Jan 2009
A Kid's Review
The story is about an hedgehog when he gets bumped on the head he starts to say his words back words.

The main character is max because he cries to cross the road.

Its really funny because he says like ko and it hit me on the bottom.

Dick king-smith wrote lots of books like blessu babe dumpling the swoose the sheep pig Harriets hair and lots more.

Children under 15 would like his books over 50 books of his stories are about animals. He has written over 100 books. is 86 years old now.

4.0 out of 5 stars chloe's book review of the Hodgeheg, 29 Jan 2009
My Book Review of the Hodgeheg

The book the Hodgeheg is about a hedgehog that is determined to solve how to cross the road because no other hedgehog can.

My favourite part in the story is when Max kept getting bumped on the head by the cyclist and then by the telephone box door but got his words mixed up.

The character that I like is Max because he is the one that wants to solve the problems all the time.

This book is amid at children ages 7-11 and as well at adults if they like to read children's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe's book review of The Hodgeheg, 29 Jan 2009
A Kid's Review
Dick King Smith is a great children's author. Has written more then 100 books!!! They are all great books.

The Hodgehog is about Max's words get backwoods' if you want to know more read the book. Max has many ways to try to cross the road.

When he's says words backwoods he says ok like this KO
Max has great adventures like when he gets to the park and he did not know where he was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hodgeheg, 28 Sep 2007
I like this book because I like animals especially small ones like hedgehog and other small animals.I think he used good VCOP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class 3 Langton Primary School, 21 Jun 2007
Ms. K. Elcock - See all my reviews
In this story Max's Aunty Betty was run over by a car on a busy road, feared by all hedgehogs. Max is determined to find a way to cross roads safely. Read this amusing story to find out more!

By Miss Elcock's Class 3

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hodgeheg, 30 April 2007
the main character is max . he wants to cross the road .my best part is the middle . I liked this book because I t is funny .I would recommend this book to a friend because I think they would like it .

by Sean

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting story, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Hodgeheg (Puffin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son and I think I enjoyed it more than he did! It would probably suit an eight year old more than a five year old as it's slightly drawn-out and there aren't pictures on every page. Personally I thought it was a really cute little story.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Hodgeheg (Puffin Modern Classics)
The Hodgeheg (Puffin Modern Classics) by Dick King-Smith (Paperback - 25 Nov 2004)
4.79