5.0 out of 5 stars Eclipse rocks!
Published on 22 July 2004 by Kitty

3.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the series
Book twelve in the Wicca/Sweep series. Again a little outside the mould frmo previous ones in the series. It alternates between Morgan and Alissa Sota telling the tale which helps to keep the readers interest. It came as no surprise that Alissa is half-witch, but that didn't stop it being an interesting read.

This book ties up a lot of the loose ends concerning...
Published on 21 Aug 2007 by rhinoa

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclipse rocks!, 22 July 2004
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
this book is amazing. it has interesting twists and turns and is brilliant !!!!! it has an interesting plot and it has a great sense of humour. I just baught one in malta cos it looked like the best one in the airport bookshop I read it and now I am frantic to find the others. I have read eclipse, the coven and the seeker. I am to desperate to wait to get them each in order and now I just want to read the others. I read the coven but it ended on a cliff hanger and it's driving me insane I want to find out what Cal and Selene do to Morgan when they find her in Selenes own private library. I also want to find out about night's child I know Moira is Morgan's daughter but it doesn't mention what happened to hunter. Was he the father? I want some answers but i guess ill have to wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another great Cate Tiernan book!, 18 May 2005
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
I have reasontly been enchanted by the Wicca Series by Cate Tiernan, and i have just finished Eclipse and loved it. It is very well written especially the way Tiernan switches from Morgan to Alisa with their names as chapter titles. This one is slightly different from the others i have read as it gets both sides of two very different yet similar main characters. To begin with i did realise what Tiernan was doing writing from both characters eyes but I soon picked up easily. I think this was a good idea as it took the "handwritten" entries of their book of shadows in the other books in to further detail and you got to understand Alisa more rather than just seeing everything as Morgan sees it. This is yet another very well written descriptive book from Cate Tiernan, and is deffinately one to read, but you should read the whole series to understand what has happened, I know I shall read the last 3 books in the series, hoping they will be just as good. (I am sure they will be as Tiernan is an excelent writter for young adults)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclipse by Cate Tiernan, 22 Feb 2003
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
I thought this book was excellent. We finally get to more about this dark wave, we have been hearing about from the rest of the books. It is good to get another prospective on someone just learning about their powers.I would definitely recommend this book. All of the Wicca series books are well written and very interesting. Keep up the good work!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Eclipse" the review, 20 Feb 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
This is a great book I thourghly enjoyed it. I think it's brill that Cate has put in both Morgan's and Alisa's side of the story. It's cool that Alisa is half witch it's good to have someone else's discovery of being a witch it's a bit boring when it's all about Morgan. All together it is one of the best books in the seires. I think you should be about 10+ to read these books and I hope there's loads more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclipse, 16 Feb 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
Eclipse, like all of the other Wicca books is briliantly written. This book is about the Dark Wave,and how Morgan, Hunter, his father and Alisa overcome it. It is focused in two angles, from Morgan and Alisa. Alisa has just found out that she is a half Blood witch, and that her mother had stripped herself of her powers. She also works out that weird telekinetic things happen around her, not Morgan as she frist thought. Morgan and Alisa's friendship develops as they battle the dark wave that Morgan's birth father Ciaran Sent to Widow's vale. Hunter's father, Daniel develops a spell which beats the dark wave for the first time. This book is fantastic and just as spellbinding as the rest. Once agian the Author has written a fantastic book which is hard to put down. This book is brilliant and I fully recomend that you read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Morgans point of view!!! :~), 18 Feb 2003
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
I was a little disappointed with the book before this but Eclipse just grips you right back into the series!! :)
Anyway Eclipse is from Morgan and Alisas point of view. During Morgans weekly circles with Kithic she recieves a vision/message from Ciaran saying that he knows she put the watch sigil on him, and that he'l forgive her, and that hes coming to Widows Vale. Morgan is so not in the mood for his arrival, Mr. Niall dislikes and distrusts Morgan because of her heritage and her ancestor Rose being the creator of the dark wave that he ran from for eleven years. Morgan is desperate to gain his trust so that Hunter will never have to choose between them. On top of that Ciaran asks her to join him, threatening that if she refuses her loved ones will pay. What will Morgan do? and its not the only disicion Morgan will have to make, ohh no. (You have to read it, lol)
Alisa always regarded herself as normal and Morgan and Hunters abilities scared her, until one day at the Rowlands she spots a book in Morgans backpack, and is drawn to it although she doesnt know why. She takes it and finds out that it is a BoS which belonged to a woman named Sarah Curtis, she notices that this woman has the same surname as her mothers maiden name. Alisa gets a BIG shock (for me too) Not only that, but disaster strikes and suddenly everyone is depending on Alsa, she is the only possible person who can do it, and now everyones fate lies in Alisas hands. Will she be able to do it????
Eclipse was literaly incredible, definatly the best in the series so far!! Morgan made a very brave decision in which she is admired for regarding Ciaran. Also when Alisa narrates you start to learn more about her and see her feelings, and you start to like her. I TOTALLY recommend this book to absolutely anyone, even if you've not read the other books in the series.
xx

5.0 out of 5 stars WICCA, 27 May 2003
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
one word FANTASTIC one of the best books i have read in my entire life. reviewing it as a teenage wiccan i have 2 say that u cant really shoot blue flames out of ure hand etc. however there are a few REAL wiccan facts in here beltane etc.
this book is so fast and so edge on the seat and u just want 2 read on.
Easily one of my top 5 books of all time and i would reccomend it 2 ppl interested in wicca and 2 every1.
this book is really BRILLIANT.
P.S u should the first 11 b4 u red this one.
thanx
kevin

4.0 out of 5 stars (none), 5 Nov 2005
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
This author is way way underestimated in her capacity as a writer; she has managed to enthrall, excite and pleasure millions...and yet very few people actually consider her a great talent. In this paticular enstallment of the Sweep/Wicca series nothing is as its seems and the point of view twists just keep gettig better. However...
I get the distinct feeling that the author has fallen so deeply in love with her characters that she doesn’t want to stop them ‘living’. I remember when my friends told me that the twelfth book was the last – I was sad, but happy, because it was good rounded ending. There were no (or very few) loose threads.
Does it really need to go on?

3.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the series, 21 Aug 2007
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)

This book ties up a lot of the loose ends concerning Alissa and Ciaran (Morgan's father). Also the Dark Wave is finally stopped and details of how to do so can now be passed on to others and hopefully it can be stopped for good. There are still a few books left in the series and it will be interesting to see if Selene Belltower is really dead (I have my suspicions).

4.0 out of 5 stars An incredible series, 11 Jun 2007
This review is from: Eclipse (Wicca) (Paperback)
All 15 books in this series are fantasic, once you pick them up you won't want to put them down until you have read every last one. I recommended them to my husbands younger sister (she is 12) and a very 'reluctant reader'. Upon reading the first one she was hooked and sped through the rest of the series in a matter of weeks.

These books on the whole portray an accurate depiction as what being wiccan is about. There is abviously some artisic license, as what work of fiction would be complete without it. I myself have lived as a practicing witch for 9 years and found the descriptions of the festivals ect to be very accurate.

Eclipse (Wicca)
Eclipse (Wicca) by Cate Tiernan (Paperback - 6 Feb 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01