5.0 out of 5 stars Another Story that hits the mark from Julia Donaldson
Published on 12 Aug 2003 by K. A. Mosedale

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it would be in colour!
I was really disappointed to find that this was a paperback book printed without colour.
I t was a gift for a 9 year old which is fine, but I thought being a JD book it would be in colour.

I won't rush next time!
Published 4 months ago by Mrs Sarah-Jane Prior

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Story that hits the mark from Julia Donaldson, 12 Aug 2003
This review is from: The Dinosaur's Diary (Young Puffin Story Books) (Paperback)
The fact that this book was about a dinosaur caught my son's imagination. The fact that it was by Julia Donaldson caught mine and yet again she has written a book that will capture the imagination of children and lead to the book becoming very well thumbed. My son is 5.5 and is on his 3rd run through already. Like all good books it prompts lots of questions and offers plenty of opportunities for exploring the ideas introduced by the story. It is very different to the previous books by the same author for younger children (Gruffalo, Room on the Broom etc)and considerably longer (it takes us 3-4 nights to get through it with about 10 minutes reading per night!!)and I imagine it could be read to children up to 7 and by children of about the same age or a bit older. I have found it quite hard to get books that will capture the imagination of my son at his current age without them being either too old or too young and this is one of the first to successfully achieve it (and with a female heroine girls would also enjoy it as well). Thank you Julia and keep up the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting!, 12 Mar 2008
I liked this book because it is very exciting like I said, and I thought that it was really funny when Hipsilophodon called the Tractor a Tractorsaurus! (Reviewed by leela aged 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great discovery, 17 Nov 2009
I didn't know that Julia Donaldson wrote books for older children so was very pleased when I found this. My 2 sons love all her books for younger children, even now that they're getting a bit older at 4 and 6, and this new book was as much a hit with them. I can't recommend it enough

4.0 out of 5 stars This Dinosaur's Diary proves fun!, 11 Jun 2010
I bought this for my 3 year old grandson who is an avid story-listener and it has proved a huge success. He particularly likes the Julia Donaldson stories, as do all my grandchildren, so I guessed this would be a good purchase for him. Initially, I was somewhat disappointed when it arrived as it wasn't like the usual Julia Donaldson books, softback with wonderful colourful illustrations and quite large for him to hold, but much more grown-up. This is a small paperback with black and white illustrations and looked to be for at least a 7 year old! Never judge a book by its cover!! It is a 'grown-up' book in that it consists of chapters, but he hears a chapter each night and cannot wait for the next evening's chapter to be read to him as he finds it a very exciting book. I don't know whether it would appeal to all children of his age, as chapters are often quite hard to retain, but it certainly suits him. In common with all his other Julia Donaldson books, it is a great read, full of adventure and highly entertaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars The dinosaurs diary, 2 April 2014
Mrs. L. Bohen (England) - See all my reviews
A gift for a boy who loved it because he is very much into dinosaurs. it was well enjoed I an told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 19 Aug 2011
Bought this book for my 6 year old nephew. It is different from the Julia Donaldson books I'm used to. This one is longer and, as a bedtime story, can take a week to get through, but is a good length for a 6 year old. It is an enjoyable story. It's all about a young dinosaur who falls into the present day - and her adventures. My nephew enjoys the story - and is reading it again. Always a good sign!

4.0 out of 5 stars diary, 10 April 2014
I bought this for my niece who has always been obsessed with dinosaurs and she loves it. Not sure her mum is so keen after reading it so many times!

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it would be in colour!, 22 Mar 2014

I won't rush next time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 12 Feb 2014
Even though it's for older kids I got this for my nephew and he loves it so glad I bought him it

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas stocking filler, 27 Dec 2013
briefly read this when it arrived, bought to give to our 6 year old grandaughter, I think she will love it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Dinosaur's Diary (Young Puffin Story Books)
The Dinosaur's Diary (Young Puffin Story Books) by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 28 Mar 2002)
3.99