Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 April 2003
I really enjoyed it because of the way it is written. It is set out with a bit of description which tells the story as well. I also really like horses and unicorns. I really want the next book. The book made you really want to read on, to find out the answers to the questions that are asked. It is a mixture of sad and happy times. I think that the book is best for imaginative children.
on 3 February 2006
My 5 year old daughter recently brought several books in the Secret Unicorn series with her pocket money and we have just finished the first one (The Magic Spell) in very quick time. It is extremely well written, bridging the gap from simple stories to more 'grown up' reading. The ending of each chapter urges you to read on further and prompts my daughter to talk excitedly about what may happen next and who some of mysterious characters might be. She can't wait to move on to the next book - neither can I!
on 29 March 2004
I was very priviledged to have this book read to me from cover to cover yesterday by my (almost) step-daughter. She is delighted with the series and very proud of herself for having read her first '9 chapter book!'. Beautifully written. Captured a little girl's imagination and a slightly older girl's too!
on 3 June 2003
One of the most magical books I have ever read, I loved it as much as my young daughter, this, the first of the 'My Secret Unicorn' novels sets the scene for many wonderful adventures of the two main characters Lauren and her pony Twilight. This book will be most enjoyed by any child that loves both or either pony's and unicorns. I shall be collecting all the books within this range and others by Linda Chapman, a wonderful writer.
on 31 August 2015
my granddaughter found one of these books in a charity shop and read it on her own, and finished it in a few days, so I thought I would buy her some more, I chose this one as its the first in the series, and she is having them both for Christmas, she really enjoyed the one she read so I hope she will enjoy this one, II was also pleased that it came within three days of ordering it. well done
on 12 August 2013
My 7 year old daughter was bereft at the end of the Unicorn School series so I looked with some trepidation for other unicorn stories, thinking that none would be as good as the Unicorn School.
She loves these stories about Lauren and Twilight - again, can't read them quickly enough (and is costing me a fortune in the meantime as I'm having to download a new one every three days or so).
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 October 2013
My 10 year old daughter absolutely loves the Unicorn series and My Secret Unicorn was the first she read. She bought it with her own money! It is well written and truly magical to develop children's imagination.
It is more for girls than boys, but can really be read by both (my 8 year old boy loves them too).
My daughter has books from Linda Chapman on her kindle, and most of her books as paperbacks. And she keeps asking for more.
Linda Chapman is a great children author. She has also written the pen name of Alex Cliff the SuperPowers books like Superpowers: The Jaws of Doom
I can only highly recommend the Unicorns series and all the books from Linda Chapman.
on 18 August 2015
Received for my 5 year olds birthday and we read in quick time, with great glee! My girl is a huge fan of unicorns and this was very nicely written and well paced with short chapters and a few illustrations. It was perfectly pitched, building the excitement with no peril and nothing to upset and it picked up on a lot of themes that fitted nicely with my daughter's interests. I can recommend it unreservedly, my only hesitation being that the sheer joy and excitement may have slightly lengthened the time it took my daughter to get to sleep!
on 11 October 2015
This is the 2nd time I've bought it, the first got scratched after several years! My daughters most favourite story in the world!
on 14 June 2014
Brilliant. Everything was fun, especially if you are 6 year's old. Fun and magical and exciting moments. Easy to.follow. great