Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 April 2013
It was good. I liked it a lot it is the best book in the world. It is the best
on 12 January 2006
I love reading artemis fowl. It is light reading for adults and children alike and I have been compelled to read them all. I don't see any resemblance between Artemis and Harry Potter. I am a big Harry Potter fan, but I much prefer Colfer's writing style, and Artemis would certainly be in Slytherin if he was at Hogwarts! Thoroughly recommend to all.
on 8 June 2001
This book is to Harry Potter what chocolate is to ice cream. They are both good but they cannot be compared because they are just too different. For one thing, we do not have a main character who is always spouting sickly speeches about good and evil and how he will never go over to the darkside, etc, etc. We have a character who is already there. Artemis Fowl is ambitious and cunning, Harry Potter is good and noble (as if we didn't know after four books mindlessly repeating this over and over again). Of course Eoin Colfer doesn't portray characters like JK Rowling - nobody does! That's what makes Harry Potter unique. Stop whining about it and enjoy the story for what it is: an original way of looking at faery folklore with a cool main character who doesn't keep shoving morals down your throat. Once you've read the story, translate the subtext (the prophecies of Ohm Phlegm, pot cleaner) to find out what is to come in the sequel. Read this if you prefer Draco Malfoy to Harry Potter.
on 6 June 2003
It was totally engaging i couldn't put it down for a second. Artemis Fowl is way better than harry potter. In my opinion i think they should base a movie on it. it would be a great hit.Artemis Fowl gave me a great experience when i read it!!!
on 21 July 2015
I have loved this book for years and still love to 're read it
on 19 August 2001
Excellent......but should come with a warning for the romantic fairy lover.After seeing a report on a childs programme "the next Harry Potter "i had to have it. I was thrown initially by the hi tec transition twisting the old style fairy to the new gadget encrusted fairy but once the mental switch is executed the book takes a hold.So for the H.P.FANS rid your mind of tradition before starting this saga,you'll love it.
on 3 July 2014
Second best kids fiction I've come across since Harry Potter.
on 28 June 2004
Have you heard the new story of Artemis Fowl. Artamis Fowl is the mud boy who always gets into trouble. When you Discover what happens when Holly and Juliet get kidnapped. Holly and Juliet are locked up because Artemis Fowl is finding the magic secret book of Secrets. I think that this book is one of the best books i have ever read and would enjoy reading this book again in my own time, and other stories conected
on 16 July 2014
Artemis fowl was a very intriguing book and was very good
on 12 July 2015
Great for adults and young adults. Great characters.