5.0 out of 5 stars ingenious
Published on 17 Sept. 2007 by Miss syed

3.0 out of 5 stars The giraffe the Pelly and me
This is a good book because of its story it is definitely a good book but I don't think it is as good as the other Roald Dahl book's
Published on 30 Dec. 2012 by Amy Bachelor

5.0 out of 5 stars ingenious, 17 Sept. 2007
Maybe i live a sheltered life but this has to be one of the best kid's books ever written. I wonder whether Mr. Dahl was a madman or a genious. I got this for my 4 year old and as much as he enjoyed it, I think the real treat was for me the mum. This book must have passed me by when i was a child but I shall make sure I recommend it to all of my friends (and their children of course).

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of The Giraffe the Pelly and Me, 23 Jun. 2010
A Kid's Review
I liked it alot because it made me laugh out loud. There's an abandoned house. There's animal window cleaners who wash the windows. Keep reading this book and you will find out the characters adventures. Beautifully illustrated by Quentin Blake this is a brilliant book because I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A missed gem!, 25 Nov. 2011
I am going through the Roald Dahl collection with our youngest, and we've just finished this one. Having previously read the BFG, we were in need of some light relief, and found it in this short but entertaining tale.

Its the story of a boy and his new found, window-cleaning animal friends. Its a delightful, charming tale, which will be a joy to read for young and old readers alike.

It isn't broken up into chapters, however, if you split it up yourself into manageable chunks there is about 5 nights of bedtime reading to be had, depending on your reading speed.

Best of all, no kiddies get eaten by giants.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 12 Feb. 2008
This review is from: The Giraffe And The Pelly And Me (Paperback)
Plot: When Billy finds an old shop for sale he decides to buy it. He thinks of making it into a sweet shop but instead he turns it into a window cleaners' shop because in it lives three animals - one tall, one with a big beak and one who can swing very well. The strange thing is he doesn't have a bucket, a ladder and someone to help him clean; oh no, he has a giraffe, a pelican and a monkey! Billy has some wacky adventures with three amazing animal pals (and some perplexing problems too)...

Amazing fact: Roald Dahl had always dreamed of having his very own sweet shop - just like Billy in this story.

Rating and recommendation: 7/ 10; to all Roald Dahl fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars a very funny and smart book wich i would recomend to anyone, 20 Nov. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Giraffe And The Pelly And Me (Paperback)
Personly i loved this book it was full of thrills i found it helariously funny and rather smart.This has to be one of my faverout books ever. My faverou charector has to bethe pelly he was the bucket and he cought a famous robber and he was also like a helecopter air lifting Gorge up.I espesially liked the end how the the geraffe got is speshale tree and the pelly got his faverout fish the monkey got his nuts and Gorge got his sweet shop.Ialso liked how he made the animals go together as a window cleaning company.It has een a while since i read this book but i shal lways remember it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little story, 31 Jan. 2010
Mr. J W "john_w" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My 8-year old daughter is really into Roald Dahl at the moment after seeing Mr Fox at the cinema. She got a few books over Christmas, and bought a few more with her pocket money, this one included. I am really enjoying getting back into some of these books I read when I was younger. Dahl has a fabulous way of connecting with children with all his made-up words and images, and this book is no different.

Its quite a short story about a boy who makes friends with a giraffe, pelican and monkey who run their own window cleaning company out of a old building that used to be a sweet shop. Great story, and links to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with all the magical names of sweets at the end!

Great story. Quite short (around 70 easy reading pages), so really only two sittings for my daughter. However she loved it, as did I!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me, 8 Jan. 2011
This is the ideal book to read to your child at bed time, after you have read it to your children, I would advise you to buy the book on tape or cd format, because you will find that your children will ask for story to be read every night at bed time , they will drift off into the land of nod as they listen to this classic :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book of all time!!!, 26 Jan. 2000
By A Customer
My favourite book of all time has to be the Giraffe and the pelly and me. I first read it in year three. I think the funniest part is when the giraffe the pelican and the monkey are throwing household things out of the window and its all smashing on the concrete below. When I first read the book I belived the giraffes neck could really strech, the giraffe stretches his neck whilst window cleaning for the duke. I always dreamed of eating the sweets, from the grubber, Gumtwizzlers, Fizzwinkles, Frothblowers, Spitsizzlers, Tummyticklers, Gobwangles and Plushnuggets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Dahl fun, 23 Sept. 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A Dahl title I hadn't eard of prior to it's landing, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What does occur however is a tale about friendship, about fortune and how good deeds are not only their own reward.

The story is fascinating, the combo of the friends not only quirky but a stupendous mix and I don't thin anyone but Dahl could have combined it them to the level of success that is achieved within.

Overall a great offering and when the artwork of Quentin Blake is added, one that will be enjoyed a number of times. Definitely worth the hardback price although, personally, I think that some of the shorter offerings should have been combined in a twofer type of value for money title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Dec. 2014
This book is by the classical Roald Dahl .It's a short story but it's classic.I read it on my Kindle and it keeps me amused for a long time.I like to read it and think about the story.It doesn't have many bad people in it.I could read it everyday.I like to read it in the evening.By the way it realy gets young children getting mums ,dads,grandmothers and grandfathers toread it to them.It's so good .Quentin Blakes illustrations are such an inspiration to brilliant art.When my dads away in London and while I am stuck with my lovely mother in Norwich Iove reading ths book . It is not a sad story at all.I never want to stop reading this.

The Giraffe And The Pelly And Me
The Giraffe And The Pelly And Me by Roald Dahl (Paperback - 5 April 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01