5.0 out of 5 stars Super book
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter as they were doing about poems at school. She has read it over and over and loves it. Now my 4 year old daughter has said she loves poems too. Very pleased with purchase and as always delivery prompt and well packaged. Thank you.
Published on 23 Nov 2010 by S. Hart

2.0 out of 5 stars As with most Best ofs
You will certainly find a few gems in here. You will also find a lot of rubbish. But poetry is subjective and the only reason I bought this was because it was a syllabus book for a course. Never judge a book by its cover.
Published 2 months ago by Phoenix Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars my kind of mix, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
This is a super selection of poems, some well-known, others obscure. It mixes sad with humorous, long with short, classic with modern. Fun! I have used it with a Y9 pupil (she has a braille version) and we have really enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars best poems indeed, 17 May 2013
Anna (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
i had to read the book for my open uni module. i was surprised that i actually enjoyed the anthology. it's not one sided collection. many poems from different genres were included in the book, so everyone will find to their interest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 3 April 2013
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
This book covers every childs needs my grandchildren like me to read to them or them read to me again it variety when looking for verses to read....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Poems, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
Bought for Grandaughter for a Christmas Present, she couldn't stop reading it, well known poems, and some not so known

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry for children, 13 July 2012
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
Bought this for a grandaughter but haven't heard her views yet - I though it excellant and enjoyed it myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dates would have been the icing on the cake..., 12 Dec 2010
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
This is yet another children's poetry book that doesn't have any dates in. When were these poems written? So infuriating. I think dates of the poet and when the poem was written would have been icing. It's important to set the poem in its historical context. Admittedly, some of the poems are timeless but in order to enhance the reader's experience of the poet, dates would have been ideal. I've continually had to use the internet or other modes of reference for the poet dates, which makes studying unnecessarily tedious.
My other niggle is the page numbering, which for the most part is set on heavily coloured, swirly backgrounds. Absolute pain to read when trying to study it together with the OU coursework.
I'm quite surprised that some of the poems were chosen by children, or was it that children were given a batch of poems to peruse and make a selection from?. Mr McGough, the editor, states that the selection was made from children from 135 schools; I wonder if that's primary or secondary, or even private? He does also mention that the poems fit into three categories: contemporary; more than 25 years old, and more than 100 years old. Um.. shame it's not apparent in the book; I wonder, which is which?

The illustrations are lovely

4.0 out of 5 stars present for 8 yr old, 12 Jun 2009
Mrs. S. Parry (E Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
Although a paperback this a good quality edition and made an appropriate confirmation present for my 8 yr old grand-daughter.

I didn't look at it in detail myself but she has enjoyed reading the poems; her father has read some of them with her and says the book is a great success.

I think 8 is about the right age but that there is enough variety there to provide pleasure for some years

5.0 out of 5 stars - Good for little ones, 27 July 2014
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
Delivered On time. - Good for little ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
Thought I was purchasing new but used with some damage, not very clean and bits of paper as bookmarks. Very disappointed. I can just about use as reference but definitely could never be present as intended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Present, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: 100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) (Paperback)
christmas present in 2012 had a thank you but dont know if it was liked as dont see the children who I brought fort

100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry)
100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry) by Sheila Moxley (Paperback - 3 Oct 2002)