on 31 December 2011
Bought this as a last minute present for a child i had forgot to buy for, very nearly kept it for my own daughter (and myself) when I saw load of familiar poems from my childhood. Great value buy for young poetry lovers.
on 23 November 2010
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter as they were doing about poems at school. She has read it over and over and loves it. Now my 4 year old daughter has said she loves poems too. Very pleased with purchase and as always delivery prompt and well packaged. Thank you.
on 7 October 2015
Be aware that you may need to do some heavy editing of this collection: there seems to be a disproportionate number of instances of death and being killed - one particularly harrowing poem about the death and funeral of a 4 year old. Over all a fairly heavy and serious collection , absolutely not my favourite!
on 11 May 2009
100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry)

This is an excellent book - my seven year old granddaughter enjoyed reading it, but younger children will definitely need an adult 'sitting-in' to help with some of the words - some poems are very easy and aimed at the real young ones, whereas others are 'full-blown' classics that they might need some help with - but overall, as long as you are prepared to give a little time and assistance, it is a really good book which we can recommend most highly! (Mick Leary, May 2009)
on 8 September 2011
Lovely book which I bought as a gift, great selection of poems for children, fun, well known verses and easy to learn.
on 1 September 2010
I purchased this book for my eight year old grandaughter who is very bright and writes her own stories and poems. It was just the right level for her and she loved it, so I would say it would be suitable for around the eight year old age, maybe slightly younger or older.
VINE VOICEon 28 March 2010
This on the other hand is really rather good and contains a lot of poems that I love. Again had to read it for Uni as part of the block on children's poetry and I really enjoyed it. There's a good range of poems in it, both old and new and the best thing is that they were all chosen by children from 135 schools in the UK.

Some of my favourites include The Lady of Shallot (Tennyson), Little Red Riding Hood (Roald Dahl version), Macavity the Mystery Cat (Eliot), Stopping by Woods (Frost), The Fairies (Allingham), A Smuggler's Song (Kipling), The Highwayman (Noyes), and Matilda (Belloc)

Book reviewed 15 Jan 2010
on 7 July 2011
Got this book for my 10 year old daughter who loves to write poems. She likes it so much, and enjoys sharing them with her reinds at school. Unbelievable, I am enjoying to read some of the poems!
VINE VOICEon 13 November 2011
Got this book for my grandson.
I think all children should be introduced to the wonderful written word of poetry.
Some of the poems here are really done well, and written by some grat poets, so I'm hopeing it will get my grandson interested, but I will have to wait till Chtistmas to find out.
A great book to say the least.
on 4 January 2010
Needed to purchase this book for an OU course (EA300) and was really pleased when I received it.

Excellently laid out; easy to use and very colourful.

Will be using this book with the course intended, my own child and that of the children in my classroom.

A multi-task book.